1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

LT Using LT Title Just 'aint Right

Discussion in 'Smack Talk' started by Seahawk9, Aug 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seahawk9

Seahawk9 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    Lawrence Taylor is LT for life. Biggest impact player in modern times... I can't understand why his title has been conveniently been swept under the rug and taken by someone else - pretty lame.

For those of you that had the opportunity to see LT play in his prime, I think you would agree. Just hearing "LT" has a certain ring about it, and it was always associated with that one iconic player.

Madden mentions it occasionally, and Chris Berman too, but that's about it. I'm sure this subject has been broached before, but I generally don't follow these sites.

My user name gives me away as a 'Hawks fan - just to show that I'm "fair and balanced", I would swap our Shaun for your current LT in a heartbeat, at least for now. Hopefully I'll want to take that back at the end of the season.

2. Electric Chair

Electric Chair New Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Original. Never heard this before. I'm surprised the Giants Fans never brought this up a few years ago.

:tdown:

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,648
    but now its a 'seahawk' bringing it up

Lawrence Taylor
    LaDanian Tomlinson

LT to LT, no real difference and even Taylor accepted, as if it mattered, Tomlinson using the LT nickname.

4. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    La Da ni an Tom lin son...Thats a lot of syllabuls...

Maybe we should call him Clarenece.

I heard a rumor once that we Almost had a call Joe Montana, by a different name, as the original Joe (Namath), wasn't cool with someone taking his nickname (JOE).

5. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Didn't take long to get red bombed and to get mostta his money stolen!! :icon_eek: :yes: :tup: :icon_rofl: :flag: :bolt:

6. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    CUT SPROLES!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

7. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

i need some of that virtual cash

:icon_shrug:

8. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475
    Seahawk9, your argument is fine except for the fact that Lawrence Taylor gave LT the OK to use it. He met him his rookie year and said he'd call him Little LT, and 4 years later he said he'd earned the right to use the name. So no issues, there is a Defensive LT and an Offensive LT. And as good as Lawrence was killing QB's, there is no better NFL player and person then Ladainian, Lawrence loses a lot of face with the drugs and alcohol abuse.

9. Seahawk9

Seahawk9 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    Even "Big" LT giving O.K. still 'aint right - he was just being a good guy as there wasn't much he could do by that point or he's Mr. Sour Grapes.

Another example is Kareem Abdul Jabbar - when the UCLA (correct?) running back took that name some years ago. "Big" Kareem sued him.

10. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +632
    Listen tool.

LaDainian has been called LT since he was ohh... 3 or 4!! His childhood friends called him that since it was hard for kids to pronounce his name.

Born in 79, so in ~82-83 he was using LT.

Lawrence Taylor was not coined with that Nick Name until well into the mid 80s(~84-86) during his Parcell coached giants years.

Now crawl back to that hole slithered out of.

• Like Like x 2
  11. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    Seahawk9 I just would like to know what your point is?

Would you like us Chargers fans on a Chargers forum to call LaDainian Tomlison, LDT?

What would you like LaDainian Tomlinson be called?

I am trying to understand where you are coming from.

12. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,648
    So even if the person with the nickname gives the OK its no different then a person suing another for using that same name?
    Sour Grapes frankly is what KAJ did, a simple discussion or chat about it wiht the person can be sufficient to work out an agreement about the nickname. Instead taylor willingly said it was ok to use LT as a nickname (again, assuming that really matters)

13. LittleTrain

LittleTrain BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +86

Suing over a religious name is about as stupid as claiming LT shouldn't be called LT. It's his initials. The coke head can just get over it if he had a problem, but he doesn't.

14. Electric Chair

Ratings:
    +579
    From now on Left Tackles are not allowed to be called LT's on this forum. I know it's convenient to shorthand the position, but Lawrence Taylor is the only real LT. Therefor anyone that refers to Marcus McNeil or Walter Jones as a LT to save time typing is getting their *** sued.

15. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,374
    While Crackhead LT was a great player, there is no trademark on initials. It's not like people are calling non-Crackhead LT "Sweetness." Ladainian's had the nickname his whole life. It's stupid for him to have to go by something else because a HOF crackhead had the same nickname. It's like saying no QB should ever again be called "Joe" because of Montana. I could understand if the nickname was related to football, but calling someone by their initials has nothing to do with football.

16. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    CUT FONOTI!!!!!!
    :bolt: :bolt: :bolt: :bolt: :bolt: :bolt: :bolt: :bolt: :bolt: :bolt:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Electric Chair

Ratings:
    +579
    ps. Kris Dielman says hello.

18. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    Quentin Jammer tells me that the Raiders suck. After thinking for .000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001 seconds, I agree.

19. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,388
    The LT vs. LT was settled, by the original LT. You claiming it "ain't right" is complete bullshit. Tell the original LT what you said and he'd laugh in your face.

As for Kareem the RB, his PARENTS gave him that name. The original Kareen SUED the RB.

Get your facts straight next time.

20. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Hmmm....

Looks like someone still has a stick up their *** about losing to the Bolts last season.

21. Seahawk9

Seahawk9 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    Wow - this is starting to sound like DOLT talk.

All that sun must be making you guys loopy. Good for Norv's complexion, though.

22. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,648
    Its more along the line that you have a faulty argument with an illogical point and don't suggest what you think would be a solution. IN other words, you're acting like a troll

23. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Dude doesn't have near enuff Red Bombs :no: :tdown: :icon_evil:

24. megold0715

megold0715 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70
    Its right perfectly right he should be called L.T or ....L TD since breaking alexanders record has got your panties all in a bunch

25. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Pretty lame, as his given name is Lew Alcindor :rolleyes: :icon_rofl:

26. stone86

stone86 New Member

Ratings:
    +25
    I love when people register on this board to come a muck-raking. Take yourself back to the rainy seabirds.

maurice morris > shaun alexander btw...

27. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +632
    Well, why don't you try a logical, well thought out post, instead of posting some weak crap.

You come here and start throwing **** at LT and you are going to get it back double. Don't come in here saying that LT using that nick name is "Lame" and expect a warm welcome.

Thanks for shopping, now don't let the door hit you in your "Lame" *** as you exit.

28. Seahawk9

Seahawk9 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    "Take yourself back to the rainy seabirds"... Who said I'm from up there?

My favorite place is The Brass Rail in Hillcrest.

29. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    :rolleyes: :icon_rofl:

30. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
    Then you are still in the wrong place to be patting your feet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.