1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

LT vs. LJ

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ChargersNguyen, Nov 7, 2006.

1. ChargersNguyen

ChargersNguyen BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +16
    Many of the sports shows on tv have been debating this all week and I'm happy to say that most of the hosts have chosen LT. It's no secret who most of us would pick but I'm interested in why. I think LT is a better athlete and a better person, plus the fact that LJ just gets on my nerves. Everytime he makes it into the end zone, he acts like he's not getting paid to do so. LT acts like he's been there before, he'll probably be there another 50-60 times this season so KC fans better get used to it. :icon_tease:

• Like Like x 1
  2. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Ive heard this argument a lot today, one guy who suggested LJ was better on the radio got his *** chewed by the host.
    Everyone knows LT is the best player in the NFL not named Payton Manning.

Question: Can you line LJ up in the slot? Can you line LJ up as the actuall #2 reciever?

Answer: HELL NO.

• Like Like x 1
  3. RayDahayder

RayDahayder BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +23
    No matter what sport you're talking about, it is always difficult to pick "the best" player.... but I'll bet that 100% of the GMs and coaches out there would pick LT over Johnson to be their number one running back.

Anybody still wish we had picked Michael Vick? :icon_rofl:

• Like Like x 1
  4. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Even Larry Johnson himself said L.T. was the best RB in football.

He said it on today's interview on ESPN's "First and Ten".

L.J. said that L.T. was a better slot back and receiver than he was and had better cutting ability. L.J. said he wanted to improve himself to be as good as L.T. in that regard.

5. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    LJ's a damn good #2 though
    and above all else, he's a hellof a lot harder to get down once contact's made
    LT avoids contact and can't be caught

6. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    Yeah. Some people think that's a weakness, that LT avoids contact.

What I know is that 5 years from now, L.T. will still be chugging along, getting 1400+ yards and 20 TDs a year, while L.J., with all that contact, will be in and out of hospitals with the injuries he'll be piling up.

7. ChargersNguyen

ChargersNguyen BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +16

At least he knows it...

8. curtisboltfan

curtisboltfan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    did y'all hear stu scott last night? quote: "lt is hands down the best rb in the nfl" but somehow people have the mother fuggin nerve to say he's "lost a step":tdown:

9. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    Why did LT run out of bounds after his 41 yard run in the 4th quarter? There was 4:05 left, and we were only up by six. If he was afraid of contact, then at least fall down and let the clock run.

Yeah, we scored a TD two plays later, but we could've just as easily given Cleveland the ball back with plenty of time to steal that game away from us.

All that said, I would take LT over LJ any day, but this running out of bounds stuff is a legitimate gripe.

• Like Like x 1
  10. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    And when he's still breaking off 41 yard runs, and going out of bounds, in his 12th season while other RBs in their 12th season are being readied for their fourth knee or shoulder surgery, you'll call it smart.