1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

LT wearing a boot on his injured foot

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by AnteaterCharger, Sep 16, 2009.

1. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    that's just sad

2. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
  3. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    It is sad. LT is just too injury prone. But now it's time for my Michael Bennett Prophecy to come true. He will fill in nicely until LT comes back.

4. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    It's a bummer and I'm not looking forward to the anti-LT bandwagon to keep rolling on .... but I'm confident LT will be fine.

If keeping him in a boot, limited on sunday or even out of a game or two means he's good to go for most of the season I don't care. Westbrook is hurt every other week for the Eagles and nobody bats an eyelash.

LT has been essentially major injury free for 8 years, that's crazy! We've been spoiled hehe - Bennett is here for just this reason, I wish LT'd been able to sit and heal the toe last year. :yes:

5. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    Damn...I would never have expected LT to pull a Tom Brady. But the more I think about it, Tom got Gisele using the same trick. LT LT LT ...keep your mind on the game.

6. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    A boot is a common precaution for a high ankle sprain. Even if it doesn't hurt they'll put a soft cast on for stability.

Either way its going to linger for weeks. This sucks!

7. LFEpooh124

LFEpooh124 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +38
    I can't wait till LT pulls a Walt Frazier. Storming out of the tunnel, and then running circles on the field.

Get yourself well LT!

• Like Like x 1
  8. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    LFE, I think you meant "Willis Reed", center for the Knicks back in 1970 right? I knew what you meant though.

"What chu talkin 'bout Willis?"

9. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    I'm not sure how to take this. I had a bad ankle sprain about a year and a half ago and there is no way in hell that LT is able to come back into the game if it was as bad as mine. So it could be a very mild sprain and that's a good thing. He could be back within a couple of weeks. But it is frustrating that he gets hurt so much now. I think that if he misses any more time, this will be the last season he plays in a Chargers uniform.

10. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    Before people start calling LT injury prone... I'm going to quote Showmeyourbolt from the "is the dirt to blame" thread. I haven't had a chance to rewatch the game but I will... I'll take the sprain if this is the case.

11. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    Based on the last 3 seasons he has become injury prone. It's not his fault. LT is playing hard, but his body is just not as durable and it takes longer for him to bounce back.

I did re-watch the game and considering our poor run blocking and filed conditions I thought LT ran pretty well. 55 yards on only 13 carries. Not bad. But he does run a bit slower and doesn't seem to have the same balance that were used to seeing.

He played most of the game, and probably could have finished if need.

12. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    I think we will be ok if LT sits out the Ravens, Dolphins, and Steelers game, then have the bye week. Why not if it's that bad.

If this happens, I see more short passes to Legadu and Sproles.