1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

LT Wins FedEx Ground Player of the Week

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by boltssbbound, Nov 17, 2006.

1. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,516
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,845
    Schaweet! But LT and Parker both had 44%. I wonder what the tie breaker was...

3. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    Probably actual votes.

At first I was thiking the same thing about Rivers getting hosed, but in reality, let him stay low key right now! He doesn't need the extra added pressure of maintaning that level. His time will come and he will embrace it with open arms.

4. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,516
    Probably the number of actual votes. Obviously they rounded to 44%. Neither of them had exactly 44%.

5. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,516
    Winning a weekly award voted on by the fans does not increase Rivers' pressure to perform. :no:

6. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    [​IMG]

he's finally getting some help....

7. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,516
    Only you can prevent rookie on rookie *** whoopin. :lol:

8. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    hey Shammy - McNeill was "your boy" wasn't he... :icon_rofl:

9. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    There was a post on the Packers forum somewhere that a user posted that stated that the Packers fans were intentionally trying to skew the vote. They knew Favre didn't deserve it, just like they knew Ahman Green didn't a few weeks ago, but they got a chuckle out of knowing that their guy won it, even though he was the least qualified of the 3 candidates.

:tdown: :icon_evil:

10. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    True, but depending on the forum on which the vote takes place, it is talked aout alot more on TV shows. What that does is raise the hype on a player for sports reporters to talk more about him. That's why alot of good quality players don't make it in NY, the pressure is just too much and alot of that pressure comes from both reporters & fans. I live here so I see it happen all the time. Look at A-Rod. He is still putting up big number if he was on any other team but they have basically cut him off at the knees. He can say he doesn't feel the pressure all he wants but his strike out count shows that he is definitely pressing.:icon_shrug:

11. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,516
    A-Rod can't take the pressure. He's proven that. But Philip seems to perform his best when the pressure is the greatest i.e. 3rd down and the 4th quarter. If Rivers can step into a perfect throw between the CB and the safety when Warren Sapp is about to smack him in the chops, I think he can handle winning an award voted on by the fans.

I don't buy the whole NY argument. Mentally weak people might be exposed by the spotlight, but Philip is not mentally weak, like A-Rod or Eli.

12. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    A QB that performs well on 3rd down, 4th down, the second half, and the 4th quarter, is a QB that is a "clutch" player. :yes: :tup:

13. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    This is the best part about playing the Donks this late in the year for the first time....Rivers has had his chance to get his feet wet before facing a team that means the most to us that we always seem to struggle against. I think he is going to slice and dice those scumbags!

And about the NY argument. Believe what you want but being a long time Mets fan and seeing some of the players that they brought in that she have had success and failed only to move on and shine....well, I'm sure you can see where I am coming from.

14. megold0715

megold0715 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70
    Technially L.t Should Have Won 5 Fed Ex Ground Players Of He Week If Not For Those Cheese Dikshes Like 50 /50 In My Eyes This Weeks Goin To Be Huge For L.t Watch You Heard It First From Me,i Bleed Blue And Gold,

15. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Apples and oranges...this kid feels no pressure.

16. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    I think the NY arguement is a load, as well, Bro :no: :tup:

17. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    How many times has LT won ground player of the week so far this season? Bet he gets it a few more times before the season is up. I think the debate is over (at least by knowledgable football fans), LT is the best running back in the league and is going to be one of the best ever before he's done.

18. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    One fewer than he should have, thanks to the cheese ***** in Wisconsin. :icon_evil: