1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

LT's Mom

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by TBF, Mar 5, 2009.

1. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    LT's mom was interviewed today by Scott and BR. In the end, she was not optimistic that LT would return to the Chargers. Now I understand that she is not in the talks and she is not 100% in line with whats going on...... As the interview ended, my thoughts were that LT may not return. That is a first for me. My glass has been half full the entire process.

You can listen yourselves via the the below link... It's in the upper left hand corner. The first part of the interview is about LT and the Texas HOF. The last part is the interesting part. You need to listen to the whole interview to get the whole story.

http://www.doublex1090.com/pages/interviews

2. When Lightning Strikes

When Lightning Strikes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68
    PFT - LT's Mom on 1090?? Doesnt sound good!!

As the Chargers and running back LaDainian Tomlinson continue publicly to express hope that they’ll work out a restructured contract that will pay L.T. something other than $6.725 million in 2009, his mother, Loreane, told XX 1090 in San Diego on Thursday that the situation “doesn’t look promising.”

“They almost like handed him crumbs,” Loreane Tomlinson said as to the offer that the Chargers have made.

Of the uncertainty as to L.T.’s status, she said, “It’s almost like a slap in the face. . . . Tell us something.”

Though she explained that the situation is hard on the family, she said that her son is keeping a positive outlook. “I’ll be playing somewhere,” L.T. told his mother, according to his mother. “I don’t know where, but wherever I go it’ll be OK.”

We’d love to know how it came to be that Mrs. Tomlinson ended up doing a radio spot. The hosts weren’t sure how to pronounce her name, so it’s not like she’s a regular on the station.

Based on what she said, our guess is that someone in the L.T. camp realized that she would be the best person to get the message into circulation, without giving anyone in the media fodder for claiming that LaDainian is whining about his situation.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/05/lts-mom-it-doesnt-look-promising/

• Like Like x 1
  3. When Lightning Strikes

When Lightning Strikes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68
    PFT - LT's Mom on 1090?? Doesnt sound good!!

oops....please merge!!

4. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Why the **** is LT's mom speaking on his behalf? :tdown:

Seriously... this could be the last straw... AJ is not going for this media posturing and politicizing bullshit. :no:

• Like Like x 1
  5. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    PFT stole this from here... LOL

6. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Thats what moms do... Duh! :icon_tease:

7. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,581
    First thing I thought of too when I heard it live this morning while taking my son to school.

Most likely, it's her being a typical, over protective mom.

About 2/3rds into the interview, it sounded like her call-waiting cut in. Scott & BR joked afterward that it might have been LT calling in to tell her to NOT say anything. :lol:

8. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    It's unbelievable. :tdown:

9. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +683
    That is exactly what she did. Never ever let your mom stick up for you....

10. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    LT's momma is GREEDY. :yes:

Brees's momma (Mina Brees for judge) can't stand Drew for being sued by her son......Mina Brees used her sons name in her campaigns to get elected as a judge and Drew sued the **** out of momma.

Doesn't it strike anyone a tad bit F'd up the *** LT's momma says it is a slap in the face to her son on monies allegedly tendered when the dollar amounts we are talking about are more than likely still in the millions ? :icon_shrug:

Maybe momma Tomlinson is worried about her future cuts of the Chunky Campbell Soup gravy train ? :icon_shrug:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    This is all a crock of **** on both sides.

We all know that LT WAS a great back. He may still have some juice, but nothing compared to what it used to be. Knowshon Moreno? Puh-phucking-leeze.

LT isn't going to take a second chair in ANY way to Darren. The FO isn't going to stay status quo. Ergo, LT is outta here. Mama wasn't sent by LT - she just answered the phone & was more than willing to talk.

It's sad to see an era pass, especially with no brass ring to show for it. Just get it done - and STFU about it. :icon_evil:

12. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    You know the more I think about this the more annoyed I seem to be. Like I've never been on board with the LT is a ***** movement. But this is such a ****ing joke.

I don't doubt this **** was orchestrated by Condon and LTs camp, which makes this easily LTs greatest puss out ever IMHO. If it wasn't orchestrated and she wasn't told to do this then she's just a ****ing idiot and may have cost her son a lot of money.

What kind of man lets his ****ing mother go on the radio and plead for a few more million dollars on his contract? I've never felt embarrassed the have LT in the blue and gold, and now all the sudden I'm lowering my head in shame... :icon_evil:

13. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    She's a grown woman. Nobody has to "let" her do it. She did it on her own. She probably had reporters contacting her and following her.

Still, she should have left it alone.

14. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    AND HE SHOULDN'T!!!!

15. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    OK - So, I was listening in the 7am hour on my drive to work. Per Scott & BR - 1090 went in search of an interview - LT wouldn't talk, AJ wouldn't talk, Condon wouldn't talk so they found someone who would. LT's mom. Take it as you will.

Doesn't make the info she shared any less dissappointing. Are the Bolts really trying to low ball LT? Is LT really refusing to take any type of pay cut? WTF IS GOING ON!?

Geez... just work it out guys and stop screwing with the fans damnit :icon_evil: this waiting is driving me batty :icon_sad:

• Like Like x 1
  16. pure-sol

pure-sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +255
    I don't believe that this was orchestrated by LT. Mothers do and say crazy **** about their kids all the time. My wife does it about our son, and my mother did/does about me. Although it's possible that it WAS orchestrated by LT and Condon, I'd like to give LT the benefit of the doubt. Condon I don't necessarily trust, but LT has always had great character, and until it's proven to me otherwise I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt.

17. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Why should that come as a surprise to anybody? :icon_shrug:

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out!

18. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Those are some expensive Crumbs! If that's what crumbs cost, I'll take a whole loaf!!!!:yes:

19. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Alright I'm going to step away from my cynicism and for a moment assume that this was not planned or orchestrated.

Shouldn't she know better? I mean if she has a good relationship with her son she should have known that these sorts of comments could ONLY do more harm than good. I mean I have a bullshit office job but my mom is well aware that calling my boss and nagging him to give me a raise would only make my life hell. I have a very very difficult time trying to believe that these comments were made innocently or without any idea of the reaction they might invoke. And if she was just totally unaware of how this might effect negotiations then she should have just kept her mouth shut.

this is bad bad bad bad bad bad for anyone that really wanted to give LT another year... myself included :unsure:

20. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Moms will go off. :yes:

Some of you have met my mom. I begged mom to keep silent yet she could not resist the temptation to speak up in my defense almost 20 years ago. Mom screwed me over pretty harsh but she was only being mom. Mom's employer et al paid a private investigator to come find me in order to serve me a subpoena to testify as a "smoking gun".....1/2 billion dollars - residential defect litigation. I was locked in a room for 5 days 8hours a day with a group of 20 different attorneys with proctoscopes at the ready in legal depositions thanks to mom. :icon_evil:

And all the while I had to keep telling mom "No ma, I did not do anything illegal" :lol:

21. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807

I just don't think LT would have encouraged his Mom to do this... Condon? That's another story, but not LT. I mean how hard would it be for Condon or someone from his team to call LT's mom and say "you want to help your son? just do this..."

Doesn't change the damage that's been done tho, I agree...

This ****ing blows.... :icon_sad: :icon_sad: :icon_sad:

22. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    That's what mom's are for. Passionate about their young'uns. Maybe she's looking out for her meal ticket, too. :icon_shrug:

Either way, I don't think that LT orchestrated this. I love him, but I'm not sure that he would think of this w/o help.

Do the math. Lt is gone. Let's just get it done & make a plan of attack for 2009. I hate long good-byes. :icon_sad:

23. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    I was wondering that myself. I've actually had emails with LT's mom. She's a great lady. And knows the game of football. But she maybe should have not said anything about whatever is going on now. And i'm still confused what is going on with LT and the chargers. We want him. I'm guessing it has alot to do with signing longer term some other players we have that we need to sign longer contracts.

Probably why we can't sign any free agents now as well. I understand where LT is coming from. And I understand where the chargers are coming from. And being a fan. I kind of want the chargers to keep improving. The damn pats and stealers and donks and chefs are. We've got to get better than them. I hope.
    _______

24. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    LT,

Yo mama's so dumb...

...she thought a Quarterback was a refund.

Yo mama's so dumb...

...it took her 2 hours to watch 60 minutes.

[​IMG]

(had to be done)

25. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    Just want to say. We love yah LT's mom. God bless yah. You give mom's a good name. My mom is almost as nice as you. Okay , my mom is as nice as you. And thats about as good as it gets. Amen.

26. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    How low has this and other forums sunk to, to bagging on LT's mom??

I lost my mom in 1985 to Congestive Heart Failuer at the age of 59; I've outlived my mom, but I'd give anything to be able to talk to my mom for just an hour, or even a minute.

To call this Lady names, IMHO, is an abomination, although in this renewed era of freedom of speech, I guess it's to be expected.

Bravo Mrs Tomlinson, speak up for your boy!!

27. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886

• Like Like x 1
  28. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Ok, so I guess it's ok to call anyone's mom a ****ing idiot, not cool to say it's not cool to do that; gotit.

29. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    I'm sorry if I was over the top in railing on LTs mom, but I guess I'm just that attached to LT. I love the guy and he has made watching our team a joy over the last 8 years. And if his mom is a contributing factor to his departure... well then I have some pretty nasty thoughts directed at her.

But anybody that puts themself out there in the media is fair game for criticism IMO. Nobody is beyond name calling just because they're a woman who happens to have given birth.

I suppose the octomom is off limits to calling a ****ing idiot because she squirted some youngin's out.

30. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    I call my ex-wife a ****ing idiot all the time and she is a mother. Is there an age cut off that I don't know about? :icon_shrug::icon_shrug: :lol: