1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

LT's not a cutback runner; Merriman didn't play

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by WonderSlug, Dec 20, 2006.

1. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-oates121906,1,1004675.story?coll=la-headlines-sports

So, L.T. doesn't cutback at all and is just a straight-ahead runner?

:icon_rofl:

Shawne Merriman didn't play in Sunday's game versus KC? I guess he's so good of a player that he can will his 2 solo tackles and 4 assisted tackles he had in that game from the sidelines then. :icon_huh:

Seems to me like SOMEBODY didn't watch the game or this season and wrote the article while sitting on the can. :tdown:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +493
    What a find!!!!!!!!!!, fair dues to u.

And this guy is getting paid to write this sh(t!!.

3. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,468
    What the hell is going on with this world? LT not a cutback runner? Merriman didnt play?
    Then who was the guy who rushed for 199 and 2TD's, and the imposter wearing #56 on Sunday night?

4. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    That coulda been written by somme the posters here, based on somma their posts on these pages!!:icon_eek: :yes: :icon_rofl: :icon_tease:

5. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Ok, i wrote it, but I didn't think they was gonna publish it. :icon_rofl:

6. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    This is the problem with people writing stuff about the Chargers, even though they haven't watched a game this season or any other. They don't have a clue what they're talking about and are just cutting and pasting whatever research some hack intern scraped together for them in the middle of a hangover. Fire him.

7. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +674
    Yeah I read it.

8. Viejo Bolt

Viejo Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +3
    Hey Folks,

Bob Oates is one of the greatest NFL writers of all time who retired many many years ago. He must be back to write for latimes.com because I never see any stories from him in the print edition.

Bob must be getting up there in years to make mistakes like that, but I cut him some slack because he is an old school old-timer, who in his day (like I said) was the best NFL writer in the country. I remember typing a response to one of his articles many years ago about revolutionizing the kicking game in the NFL, and he answered me with a hand-written response!

So I ask you to cut him some slack for old times sake. He's a great writer and good dude.

9. Daddy_O

Daddy_O Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +300
    That was me on stilts, wrapped in pillows, loaded on 'roids.:icon_rofl:

10. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    that guy is just an idiot

11. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851

I don't care if the writer is 90 or 29.

If he/she can't get something simple right like knowing if one of the team's most visible players is even playing or not, then I question if they actually watched the game. If they didn't, then they shouldn't be writing about it.

In addition, saying the wrong team has the best record in the AFC is also unforgiveable. It takes about 30 seconds to check. If he doesn't want to use that new fangled thing called the Internet, he can always open the previous day's Sports section in his newspaper and look.

12. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,516
    I read on another thread that the writer is someone 91 year old who was the best NFL writer of his day. I blame the LA Times for not fact checking a story written by a 91 year old legend. You just shouldn't let a guy like that tarnish his image by publishing a piece that's factually inaccurate.