1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

LT's Rushing Average

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by boltssbbound, Nov 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    LT is now averaging 4.9 yards per carry. I just thought all you guys who were whining about his pedestrian yards per carry average a few weeks ago would like to know that.

:icon_banana:

:icon_finger:

:icon_rofl:

• Like Like x 1
  2. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,423
    LT's lost a step, he should be around 5.9 :mad:

3. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Actually I read somewhere that on film Cam noticed LT was shifting his feet laterally before hitting the hole and started calling more plays where LT would hit the hole harder and faster. I'll look for the link when I get home as someone linked it from an insider page.

4. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    It does seem like he's gotten to the line & hit the holes quicker in the last couple weeks. :yes:

EDIT: and he can still run out of bounds with the best of 'em!

5. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    I will love LT if he keeps this up but the fact is that he looks like a completely different runner... first of all he is rarely tripping over himself... he is making good gap reads and hasn't had as many opportunities to "cut it short" as he has had in the past. He is getting very good blocking though. Let's see him put up 100 against Denver.

6. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    or knock a hat off:icon_shrug:

7. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    So when his numbers are down, you're certain he's done and should be replaced by Michael Turner, but when he plays well you have your doubts?

:icon_shrug:

8. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Dude is on the Merriman supplement plan. :yes: :bolt: :icon_banana:

9. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    It's amazing how LT seems to hit the holes quicker when there are actually holes to be hit.

10. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    MTL has a point you guys are missing no matter how hard you want to ride his nuts.

Turner is special and so is LT.

Turners makes LT look like a kid in certain running aspects especially power running.

Turner will never go out of bounds to save his body (just like LoNeal). This smells of MAN-GINA to some and I am not excluded from this small clan so watch out sherlock.

These fuggers want to hit somebody and fuc them up.

LT's best stick will be a stiff arm.

Does this mean MTL is not a fan ?

Of course not.

He sees **** that some of you are dismissing as way obvious.

Turner is a starter on most teams in the NFL.

If you had a Jim Brown behind a Barry Sanders, you would be cracking a woodie as well and that is what I suspect MTL sees in the Burner. MTL is not that far off the mark in my book at all.

11. curtisboltfan

curtisboltfan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    trump, " quote:stuart scott, hands down Lt is the best running back in the game" Terrell Davis goes to the hall with 7000+ yards over 7 seasons, Lt is over 8 with 5 1/2 seasons, Turner is great and i 100% agree that he would start with any other team right now, however Lt is still THE best in the league and if he has "lost a step" ,that right now has NO bearing on his status as the best. His 8 yarder yesterday where he purposly did a spin move so he could score, pure talent, if he doesn't spin he's stopped short. Do you really want him to be a "power runner"? Injuries would be more obtainable. LT WILL GO DOWN AS THE BEST RB TO EVER PLAY THE GAME, BOTTOM FUGGIN LINE.:yes:

12. curtisboltfan

curtisboltfan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    i try to refrain from using hate so loosely but you got me convinced i hate mtl!:icon_toast:

13. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Turner's a very good back, but he's not in LT's class. He's not a Jim Brown.

you and MTL are way off on this one. Suggesting that Turner is a better RB for our system is ludicrous. LT is first in TDs, 2nd in yards. Do you really believe that Turner's numbers would be better?

Do the two guys have different running styles? Of course. LT is not the power back Turner is, but so the fock what? Barry wasn't a power back either, neither was Gayle Sayers. Does that make them any less great?

14. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    You can do so without calling him or anyone else a dumfuc ......the mods here are too nice. You should be ******** bound.

• Like Like x 1
  15. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    I thought that was the moderators' private forum. :lol:

16. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    Its the timeout room where posters have to go to for you to communicate with anybody.

The only ones that i know of that have been there are ...well...MTL and one of the ladies.

17. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    I know what it is. I was just trying to make a joke. I might get more familiar with it soon. :icon_banana:

18. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Dude we have two great backs who I can only draw parallels to and nobody will ever compare exactly to any player from yester-year.

I am not suggesting Turner is better for our system exclusively.

You are taking exception to Turner being compared to Jim Brown....OK the FUC that comparison ........... tone it the fuc down to an Earl Cambell because that SOB was a fuc-king banger as a runner.

So now you have an Earl Cambell behind LT.

It is the same fuggin result dude no matter how you sugar coat it or the lip stick you put on the whore.

19. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    :icon_toast:

20. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    Of course he cares about what we say. If he didn't he wouldn't have said anything about him losing a step after he had a big game. He is human after all and no matter what he says....he still listens and hears what others have to say about him and human nature is no matter how much you deny it, someone disses you the one thing you want to do is prove them wrong. Funny how he didn't say anything when he was rushing for 50 yards a game.

And no, I don't hate or dislike LT. Just pointing things out.:icon_finger: :joke:

21. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    well you coulndt be further from the truth, no its called being a professional, thats why he should not and does not care what ignorant fans think of him. you think barry bonds cares what padre fans think? the only reason he cried becuase of it is the emotional overload due to steroid use. im sure he goes home and cries himself to sleep on his HUGE pillow. i dont know lt personally but i can guarantee you he is unscaved by criticism. because hes a pro, and that just goes along with it.

22. LinksterAC

LinksterAC BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7
    Not many people noticed it, but that move was brilliant. Akin to Jordan switching hands for the lay-up so many years ago. To be trite, that was a "spectacular move" by LaDanian Tomlinson. And it really embodies what I've been saying about the guy this year. He may have a lost a step in the break away (I don't see it), but he's gained two steps in terms of his acceleration and agility.

23. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    BFISA loves you and leisure ..... :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek:

Tomorrow I will tell you how he loves you all in detail but do trust there is love. :icon_eek: :icon_banana: :icon_toast:

24. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    I could care less about Barry Bonds. He I believe could cares less about the fans. LT I believe is cut from a different mold! To mention him in the same sentence as Bonds is blasphemy!

Don't take me too seriously talking about LT. I'm all for him. Just having some fun!

25. !~BOLT~!

Ratings:
    +205
    sorry you couldnt pick up the comparison, just simply pointing out that pro's dont listen to the lamen and never will, lt cares about the fans yes, im sure he does, but i also know he couldnt care less about the negative criticism, he plays for 52 people and none of whome post messages here.

i merely brought up bonds to give you an example of a pro athelete that is under constant scrutiny from douchebags and sportswriters alike. get it?

26. !~BOLT~!

Ratings:
    +205
    oh and if you could care less how much less? does this mean you like bonds? does this mean you care for him? hmmmm....

27. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    It is a pleasure to be able to discuss football, sex, rock and roll and stock investments and have the capacity to say FU and then pass me another glass of wine or beer with no hard feelings.

So FU......buuurrrrp. :bolt: :icon_toast:

28. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    Nah, he's less then a pimple on a bums ***!:icon_banana:

29. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    :fan:

30. BFISA