1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Luis Castillo among those ready for breakout years

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Sep 1, 2008.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    [​IMG]San Diego Chargers DE Luis Castillo

If it weren't for injuries over the past few seasons, Castillo would have already cemented his status as a dominant Pro Bowl-level defender. The Chargers' defense is far better when he's on the field. He has good size and functional play strength. Castillo is a sound technician with powerful hands. He plays with good pad level and understands leverage and gap responsibility. He is a smart three-down player in defensive coordinator Ted Cottrell's scheme.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/preview08/news/story?id=3521976

2. WyomingBoltFan

WyomingBoltFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312
    LC needs to stay healthy. My memory is as long as my peter so I can't remember what his injuries were. Was his last two injuries the same thing?

3. pure-sol

pure-sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +255
    I think so, two ankle injuries on the same ankle.

4. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    We need our starting DL to stay healthy this year. C'mon, Luis - time to earn that big paycheck!!! :tup:

5. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    I hope this is the year that Castillo rewards us with an injury-free season. I would never have given him that extension, but AJ must think that Castillo being injured in college, and every single season he's been in the NFL, is not a trend.

AJ's conviction has me thinking that Castillo's injuries are not chronic. Let us hope so, we will really need him for all 16 games this year.

6. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    if he makes it to the bye, I'll be impressed...

7. Thread_Killer

Ratings:
    +680
    I'll take that. I already offered to bet anybody that Merriman will play in more games than Luis. I found no takers. :no:

:lol:

8. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    He got through his entire rookie year without an injury.

9. Thread_Killer

Ratings:
    +680
    No, Luis may not have missed any games, but he definitely had injuries that affected his productivity.

10. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    I'm believing and praying for an injury free season from Castillo were going to need him... :yes: :tup:

11. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Luis is staying healthy so far. One other thing in the article I spotted. DeMarcus Russell's only problem is reading coverages. That's how QB's make their living, even one's with cannons for arms. I'd be curious about his Wunderlich scores. If he can't learn defenses, then he's playing Battleship and not Football.

12. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    I tend to think just about every player does, though.

Merriman, Jamal, Phillips, and Igor are all oft-injured if that's the criteria.

13. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    All I ask of luis is he wears some very supportive high top shoes from now on. His ankles must be make of toothpicks.