1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Luis Castillo--Our Secret Weapon

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Thunderstruck, Jan 5, 2007.

1. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    I'm not sure people realize exactly how important my boy Luis is to this defense. When I say "people" I'm referring mostly to the media (local and national) and especially to the fans of opposing teams like the Ravens.

Luis only played in 10 games this season because of the high-ankle sprain, and in one of those games he was gimpy. Yet he still had 37 tackles and 7 sacks, an interception and a fumble recovery.

Luis is a beast. I think he's extremely underrated and if he's anywhere near 100% when he comes back next week it's going to be a huge boost for our defense. This guy is a truly dominant defensive lineman when he's healthy. He anchors our d-line against the run and he is exceptional as a pass-rushing d-lineman in a 3-4.

I am SO looking forward to seeing our defense back at full-strength and close to 100% healthy again. Since Igor sprained his knee on the second play of the season we haven't been at full strength all year. It's either been Igor, Merriman, Phillips, Castillo, Godfrey, or McCree, and usually some combination of more than one of them. And beyond that, even when those guys have played they've been gimpy. We've not seen how good our defense can be this year. I have a feeling that whoever we play is going to have their hands full in this postseason.

• Like Like x 1
  2. TJBOLT

TJBOLT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +19
    I agree 100% if you look a the games that he missed our secondary had a ruff day because the QB had a long day to trow the ball (for example Cincy)

3. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    Castillo is a STUD - he makes our defense much much better... I look for him to have an awesome post-season, and whichever OLB lines up on his side will look like an All-Pro... :lol: oh wait....

4. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    I think the healthiest we saw our defense was against KC at home. The Chiefs didn't score a TD in that game. Yes there was the added "soft" comments but that game was one of the best by our defense. Castillo is just another fine example of a job well done by AJ and our scouting dept. :tup: :bolt2:

• Like Like x 1
  5. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    coundnt agree anymore, it's like starting the season all over again, our d at fulls strength to begin this season was much more entertaining than watching our offense. i think they will equal eachother this postseason.

6. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    Remember Vermiel in the first game saying Castillo was the best defensive end he'd seen since he returned to football. I was surprised by that. But than again, he really is a special player.

I'm starting to get the playoff itch. It's going to be a long next 8-9 days.

7. VAN DE MAN CHARGER FAN

VAN DE MAN CHARGER FAN BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +19
    yea man, did our BYE week seem to pass by really really slow to any1?

week three was the slowest progressing week EVER!

8. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,879
    Having our D back at close to 100% is a real killer for all the other teams in the playoff's. With all the players we've had in and out of the lineup it's still been an impressive season. :bolt2:

9. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +674
    AJ has done a hell of a job stocking the team with quality depth. :tup:

• Like Like x 1
  10. sickswonnyne

sickswonnyne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79
    Hopefully not too off topic, but I believe the offensive secret weapon is none other than homeboy Vince Jackson. With everyone geared to stop the run, and the best coverguy (safety or corner) on Gates, Action Jackson is gonna have a free pass to dominate the 2nd or 3rd tier corners on teams, especially if they're under 6'. Maybe they were saving him until the playoffs, but were forced to show him some light with McCardell, Parker, and Floyd hurt. We're gonna be monsters this year!

11. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,516
    I agree. Jackson has been huge with the other receivers hurt. Now that Parker and KMac are back to full strength, our offense is going to be rolling. We saw shades of that in the Cardinal game. Our passing game was really clicking.

12. DelMarBoltFan

DelMarBoltFan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    ive been saying it all year i think he is our best defensive player when healthy, its so hard to find a3-4 DE like castillo who can not only shut down the run and take up double teams, but also rush the passer. he is up there with seymour in that regard.

13. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    :tup:
    Good Take:tup:

14. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Our secret weapon should be the undetectable wonder drug HGH :icon_eek:

Castillo needs to drop his laundry and say "Lights Out - Needle In" to get his asss snorting like a raging bull again because the show starts a week from tomorrow.

This was a paid endorsement from the fans who want a fah-king Lombardi before we EFFING DIE.

15. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Fuc it. :yes: :bolt: :helm1:

16. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    *** kicking time :yes: :bolt: