1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Madden 11 opinions

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by NORV4LIFE, Aug 11, 2010.

1. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    SO here is a thread for all of you bolts fans who also enjoy the cyber bolts in madden. Personally i am frusterated by many things in this years madden. I'd say overall with the exception of receivers being smarter the game has gotten worse. Passing game is expecially frusterating. Rather than rely on skill online in 1v1 it seems now passing success is only based on maddens decision engine. If you throw to a wide open VJ but there is a little pressure it will auto adjust so that vj either drops it, the throw is wildly over his head, or the cb- even if ******, makes an inhuman catch sometimes over vj. Yet if you aren't under pressure etc it will have Matthews making flip catches and stuff. Its sooooo frusterating. If rivers is untouched and VJ is open he is gonna get it down field. NOt revis close a 15 yard gap in lke 1 second and then intercept OVER jackson on a jump ball.:unsure:

O and its just a game but somehow they always get the player ratings wrong until after the season is over it seems like if ever. I mean come on Ryan Mattews is significantly worse than LT and then Any even Darren sproles. MEanwhile the jets are the 3rd best team and the chargers are worse than cincinatti? Does quacksaw work on the madden team or something?

2. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
  3. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    As a casual Madden player, I really love the Gameflow addition. I used to ALWAYS get penalties trying to find plays in the playbook, now, I can either let the game dictate for me and audible (which I was doing ALOT by my 3rd game), or dig for a specific play for a specific moment. I also like that they seem to finally get the rb controls down, I had alot of success running the ball immediately vs. before/last year. Also, Mathews is a ****in BEAST on this game. So, I am very happy with the improvements. Also, first thing I did was cut Nate. Fuk him.

PS3 id is: harshguy

4. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Madden laughed all the way to the bank after this deal was done.

5. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,555
    Game Flow or whatever...was a quick, cheap, easy way to "improve" the game from 1 year to the next while not actually spending much time in production. The only difference between this year and Madden 10 is a roster update and some pretty wrapping paper.

6. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,582
    I love the game. Passing is actually EASIER, IMHO. Already had Rivers going 18/18 in one game, and that was without VJ playing.

I think doing an audible is easier now too.

The graphics have improved over the last version, on the PS3 anyway.

It only came out yesterday, so I'm still figuring out some of the differences.

One thing I have NOT figured out is how to shift the LB's or CB's yet. In '10, that was easy. Just haven't figured it out on '11 yet.

7. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    this can also be said about every Madden release ever

8. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    w/ the directional pad +

this is a very annoying "improvement"

9. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    The game gets better each year. What I like is the new "locomotion" engine which takes players weight and speed into account when running. Also the "turbo" button is now turned off by default which makes the game more of a real simulation. The player will sprint at the right time. To make the game much more balanced and realistic is to tweak the game settings.

I got the following from operationsports.com

Game Options
    Playcall Style:Conventional (User Preference but cmon Gameflow freakin sucks)
    Quarter Length:11-12 minutes (I'm using 12)
    Accelerated clock Runoff:25 seconds
    Injuries:45
    Fatigue:55
    Game Speed:Normal
    Player Min Speed Threshold:45

Penalties
    Offside:100
    False Start:55
    Holding:52
    Facemask:50
    Defensive PI:86
    Offensive PI:94
    KR/PR Interference:100
    Clipping:50
    Intentional Grounding:100
    Roughing the Passer:97
    Roughing the Kicker:94

***Slider set***

Passing Sliders
    QB Accuracy:20/42
    Pass Blocking:56/45
    WR Catching:30/45

Rushing Sliders
    Broken Tackles:50/10 (Ok really Don't touch this slider lol you have been warned)
    Run Blocking:40/47
    Fumbles:45/45

Defensive Passing Sliders
    Reaction Time:47/60
    Interceptions:35/50
    Pass Rushing:65/45

Defensive Rushing Sliders
    Reaction Time:47/55
    Block Shedding:33/43
    Tackling:50/50

Special Teams
    FG Power:10
    FG Accuracy:43
    Punt Power:56
    Punt Accuracy:100
    Kickoff Power:17

Auto-Sub Sliders
    In/Out
    QB:45/50
    RB:78/83
    WR:77/82
    FB/TE:71/76
    OL:22/27
    DT:79/84
    DE:79/84
    LB:75/80
    CB:65/71
    S:47/52

The second number is the CPU skill the first is the player skill. To get more sliders go to:

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/madden-nfl-football-sliders/

Give it a try. Overall I like the game, but I find myself still playing NCAA Football 09 more.

PSN ID: gatchaman23

10. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,555
    Mostly.:lol:

The last big move they made was Superstar mode in 08'. They havn't touched Franchise mode in recent memory, which sucks because thats always may favorite way to play and it needs a lot of touchups. They've also had failed experiments like "lead blocker" and the "passing cone" back in 05'.

11. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Thanks Ray! I'll send you an add request too...

12. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    what is this Madden 2 you speak of??

:icon_huh:

:icon_party:

13. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    YEah, gameflow is just a customizable ask madden but now you can only pick the play it calls instead of a few if u really wanted to use ask madden anyway.

14. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    Passing is less glitchy, but controlling where QB throws feels much harder. I had 693 yds passing online ranked with ALEX SMITH and 49ers yet based on the pass rush and others stuff it will just auto pick whether you throw good pass, pick, or poor pass incomplete etc... You don't factor into it except for you're timing. SO if you time right no prob, if you wait too long, even if someone is wide open it will throw terrible pass near the defender.

15. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    Did they get rid of spaz fingers to determine who recovers a fumble? I hate that feature, because I am 0 for forever with that. I lose every fumble ever because me fingers aren't spastic enough. As soon as there is a fumble I know I'm losing it.

16. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    no, its still there :mad3:

17. Helljumper

Helljumper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +54
    I always turn that fumble feature off (the button mashing part) but now it's even worse IMO. It seems that pretty much every fumble results in a pile and from there, it's just random who ends up with the ball. Even if it's obvious that one of my guys got to the ball first with no significant pressure, after the animation, the other team might have the ball.

BTW, I suck in the run game with Ryan Mathews. I had one game where he had about 175 rushing yards and 3 TD's but other than that, I haven't been able to get more than 50 yards in a game averaging less than 3 yards per carry. I was able to beast with Shonn Greene in the demo though.

18. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +373
    I saw a demo running in Best Buy, on screen were the Jets in their "New York Titans" throwbacks and the "Chargers of LA" in the white away throwbacks....I sure hope that was just come comedian at the store putting in that LA reference.

The game has more to say than Rivers, and that takes some work! Before each snap it would start talking...and keep talking. That would make me slap-happy pretty quick. I haven't played Madden in a very long time and the graphics were very impressive but I would turn off the QB "narration" fairly quickly.

19. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,417
    You can't just scoff at a difference then go on to say it's not there.

If you don't think it's a worthwhile difference then just say so, but don't pretend the only thing they changed was the rosters when you just got done critiquing something they changed.

20. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,417
    I hated that passing cone BS so much.

It still pisses me off thinking about it.

21. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,417
    Anyways, I didn't get this year's game because I don't think the key addition they made (the gameflow thing) makes it worthwhile paying 65 bucks for a glorified roster update.

I got the NCAA game this time around because I haven't gotten one of those since 2004.

22. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Passingcone was the worst addition ever, made passing damn near impossible. I turned that **** off after 2 tries.

Cheapseats, if you play in AFL mode, yes, the Chargers are called the Chargers of LA. Also, it has old school tv graphics and a sephia tint and lots of fuzz/noise to recreate the effect of watching an old broadcast. It's actually neat, but only worth playing once or twice.

Also, about improving your rushing, just work the playbook and find the most effective plays. I really like running the 2 TE single back pro set. It's pretty much my base offense and I'll switch to I form when i need a short yardage pickup. Do all the practice mini games, it helps alot. The right analog stick is the key.

23. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,394
    Supposedly they haven't touched Chise Mode since Madden '09 because apparently the plan has been in the works since last year to pretty much scrap it and start from scratch for Madden 12.

It's needed it for a long time though, the AI in Franchise mode uses ridiculous logic, the formulas they use for determining the progression/development of sim'ed rookies is inept, and simple things like placing a guy on IR not opening up a roster spot are just plain unrealistic.

24. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Since I don't have much time to sit down and actually play a full game of Madden... I may risk it all and plunk down $20 for last year's version.

So my opinion of Madden 11, based on the other opinions I've read here... is that it ain't worth the money.

Then again, neither is the $20 2010 version because I'll probably never play it once I buy it. :lol:

25. Candide

Candide BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys/gals, 1st post. Where is Vaughn Martin? Also, with the 1st online roster update, why did they delete Seyi? Just my 1st impressions.

26. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    BTW, the first ever Madden on Sega... was the SHIIIIIT.

27. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,582
    Both were there on my update. I'll check again to make sure though.

28. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,417
    Considering franchise mode is the reason I fell in love with the Madden franchise to begin with I have decided I'm not going to buy another Madden game until they fix that.