1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

MadMike's 2007 53-Man Roster

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by MadMike, Aug 27, 2007.

1. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +504
    This is how I think it will fall out although the 53rd spot is rotating between Siler, Waters, and Derreck Robertson right now. I think we keep both LB's though.

Offense

WR Malcolm Floyd-Craig Davis-Greg Camarillo

LT Marcus McNeill-Roman Oben
    LG Kris Dielman-Scott Mruczkowski
    C Nick Hardwick-Cory Withrow
    RG Mike Goff-Scott Mruczkowski
    RT Shane Olivea-Cory Lekkerkerker

TE Antonio Gates-Brandon Manumaleuna-Scott Chandler

WR Vincent Jackson-Kassim Osgood-Eric Parker*

QB Phillip Rivers-Billy Volek-Charlie Whitehurst

FB Lorenzo Neal-Andrew Pinnock-Legedu Naanee

RB Ladainian Tomlinson-Micheal Turner-Darren Sproles

Defense

DE Igor Olshansky-Ryon Bingham

DT Jamal Williams-Brandon McKinney

DE Luis Castillo-Jacques Cesaire

OLB Shaun Phillips-Marques Harris

ILB Michael Cooper-Tim Dobbins
    ILB Matt Wilhelm-Anthony Waters-Brandon Siler

OLB Shawne Merriman-Carlos Polk

CB Quentin Jammer-Cletis Gordon
    CB Drayton Florence-Antonio Cromartie

SS Clinton Hart-Eric Weddle
    FS Marlon McRee-Bhawoh Jue

Special Teams

P Mike Scifres
    K Nate Kaeding
    H Mike Scifres

LS David Binn

KR Michael Turner-Darren Sproles

PR Darren Sproles-Cletis Gordon

Practice Squad

1 Tony Pape
    2 Erik Robertson
    3 Nick Roach
    4 Germaine Race
    5 Steve Gregory
    6 Paul Oliver

2. sickswonnyne

sickswonnyne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79
    Where's DE Derreck Robinson? He's gonna make it. And Oliver would have to be on the 53, because someone would swoop him up in a second before he could ever get on the practice squad. But other than that it seems pretty good (Stephen not Michael Cooper). I'm not sure you have all the P Squad right, but we'll see. You could make an argument for everyone there. We have waaay too many decent-to-good players that could've made this teams in prior years. Now even our P.S. is stacked.

3. MadMike

Ratings:
    +504
    Some how I was thinking 80's Lakers and not 2007 Chargers with Cooper. As for Robinson, I think its a possibility he makes it but right now with how Siler is playing, I think he gets the 53 spot instead of Derreck. I also think Oliver has so under performed that he will get cut.

4. Prito James

Prito James BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +13
    I think you maybe right here except, I think Oliver stays and Camarillo goes. I just mentioned it in another thread, but Derrick Robinson has been MIA and Bingham has been playin in his place. I think you maybe right and Robinson is cut.

5. vegasboy

vegasboy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +21
    Not a bad roster but there is no way Oliver doesn't make it. We burned a 4th round pick on him. He stays. As for Siler, he looks like a year on the PS would do him good and we could probably get him through. Look for Waters to possibly go on IR. I keep reading about his knee bothering him. As for Gregory, I don't believe that he is eligible for the PS. Wasn't he active for too many games last year?

6. MadMike

Ratings:
    +504
    Camarillo has made it. With Parker out until at least week 6, no way we carry only 4 healthy WR's. As for Oliver I think he's a PS guy. He just hasnt shown anything yet.

7. MadMike

Ratings:
    +504
    If Siler goes to the practice squad then Robinson or Roach make the squad. You may be right with Gregory but now with Oliver here, I just cant find another spot for him. Love the little guys spunk but he's just outclassed here. If Waters goes to the IR then I think Roach has to make it.

8. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    who is michael cooper? Is he any good? :lol:

9. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715

Yeah I was thinking that too. I agree with most of the llist though:tup:

10. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    Camarillo is a gonner. Dont know what your watching but he hasnt done that well as a WR and he wont make the team as a ST player only.

Oliver will make it. Too much potentual and he really hasnt done any worse than Cromartie.

Naanee will be a WR no matter where you list him. He hasnt taken a snap at FB so i dont know why you would list him there except that he wears #40. He is the guy that shows Camarillo the door.

Who is Michael Cooper?

And i believe Sproles will be returning punts unless he starts to have trouble catching the ball again.

11. 400HZ

400HZ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +15
    Derek Robinson will make the roster simply because we need to carry more than 4 DEs. He's been playing decently, too.

12. swishbish33

swishbish33 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7
    I'll be shocked if Oliver goes.

And Camarillo should go.

13. Ray Dahayder

Ray Dahayder BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +33
    I doubt if Gordon is returning anything...... except maybe his playbook. That kickoff return to the 4 yard line was pathetic. He also ran one into the back of his own guy. He's not impressive on returns. As far as DB play..... I don't know who looks the best. It's hard to watch everyone at the game and I don't have access to game film, so a lot of the second string DBs and OLmen cuts are up in the air.

I still don't think we keep Parker on the active roster this year. It may be that VJ, Floyd, Davis, Osgood and Naanee are the WRs corp.

It could be that Davis becomes the guy with the quick moves, ala Parker. All the other guys are 6'5" or somewhere around there.

Seems like the active roster should be at least moved up to 55 players.

14. MadMike

Ratings:
    +504
    Like I said, I must have been thinking of the 80's Lakers and not the 2007 Chargers.

15. MadMike

Ratings:
    +504

Oliver has shown no potential in practice or the games. Can't even compare him to Cromartie who is a physical freak.

Just through Naanee in under FB's to make the list even, he probably will be listed as a TE\FB and run WR routes a lot. Camarillo is gonna stay until Parker gets back, then he gets shown the door. No way we go into the season with 4 healthy WR's unless Norv think Naanee can step in as a WR right now.

Michael Cooper was a Los Angeles Laker in the 80's Showtime teams, famous for his Coop-A-Loop Layup. Also could have meant Stephen Cooper but head was stuck on Michael Cooper.

I have Sproles listed as the PR guy and most likely will move into KR's with Turner being hurt. Even if Turner is ready for day 1, I think Sproles may start to handle them.

16. MadMike

Ratings:
    +504
    I agree he has a possibility, but he is one the line, its either one of the LB's or him, and the LB's play better special teams, so I'm leaning that way.

17. MadMike

Ratings:
    +504
    Cletis is pretty much set as the backup CB. The only way he goes is if Steve Gregory replaces him but Cletis has more upside. I doubt Cletis will touch a PR or KR during the normal season unless we have injuries.

Only way Parker goes on the IR is if the prognosis pushes past week 6. Parker is quick, not fast like Davis. Davis is a home run hitter, parker is a possession receiver.

18. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    He may be a physical freak and i see a lot of you guys like to say that about him but freak or not, he hasnt done s**t this preseason so ill compare their production, which i think is fair here and Oliver hasnt done any worse than Cromartie.

Oliver wont get cut

I count 5 and Naanee is going to play WR 99% of the time. Dont see where Camarillo is a better option at WR than Naanee. He will beat him out afterall.

VJ
    Floyd
    Davis
    Osgood
    Naanee

Yeah i know and i hate basketball ;)

Actually i read yesterday that Norv has been saying that M. Turner will be returning KO's so who knows.

19. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Concur, concur. Camarillo definately goes before Oliver. We need as many DB's on the roster as we can. Camarillo's performance last week wasn't too impressive, while Osgoods was. GC has to make that one catch in traffic and at least TRY to catch the ball when it was thrown to him in the endzone. Camarillo gone, Oliver in. Waters in, Robinson in. Silers on the bubble.