1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Malcolm Floyd WILL play in 2014

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by AnteaterCharger, May 19, 2014.

1. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,648
  2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,232
    Gates.... Keep up.... Ahhh they dont have to be too fast to do that...

3. ssnake86

ssnake86 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +50
    I called it! It was the only reason I could think of for Telesco waiting tell the 7th round to draft a WR. It only made sense that Telesco was really confident in Floyd's return.

4. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,723
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. ssnake86

ssnake86 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +50
    And whether or not hes lost a step since his injury. He's probably not in nearly as good of shape as he was right before he was hurt. Will he come back and be just as good, and if he not will he loose his spot to someone else in camp? I guess we'll start to get an idea in training camp.

This is my main concern. His injury would of happened to anyone who got hit like that. So I'm not as concerned about him re-injuring himself.

6. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I love the smell of football in the morning.

Ratings:
    +1,177
    It's always a tough call when your best receivers get banged up. I like this whole committee/platoon thing, just throw in different sets of receivers...

7. tito

tito BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +132
    If they want him last a full season, they need to adjust how much playing time he gets. Expecting him to last the whole season as the full-time #2 is probably a bad idea. Maybe Brown will improve enough to take the heavy workload and keep Floyd for important 3rd downs, goaline and special situations. That is ideal way to use the guy in my opinion.

8. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,374
    I think more important than reducing the number of snaps is reducing the number of hits. That can be achieved by having him run fewer routes across the middle of the field, like the one that got him injured last year.

9. tito

tito BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +132
    Pretty much the same thing. To completely remove certain routes from his arsenal is going to limit his playing time.

10. jmoods55

jmoods55 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +3
    I doubt he lost a step cuz he wasn't fast to begin with, that's a non issue. And there's no reason to get too hyped up as he wasn't that productive before, being hurt as much as he was healthy. He's a situational receiver and red zone threat best case scenario. He was never a #1 or even reliable #2 WR. I like him and hope him wellness and productivity but the expectation needs to be tempered to reality.

11. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,374
    He'd hardly be the only receiver in the league who wouldn't always go over the middle.