1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

**Malcom Floyd Appreciation Thread**

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by TheBeast, Nov 9, 2008.

1. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
  2. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,684
    M80!!!!! I love this guy!! I really hope he can stay in as a starter now - he' definitely earned it.

3. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    moved him to FF team - paying off all right.

4. WyomingBoltFan

WyomingBoltFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312
    Is it time to sign him long term? I think he has really come on strong. The only thing about Malcom is he can be a little frail.

5. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +714
    Definately a good game for floyd:yes:

6. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Objects In Mirror Are Closer Than They Appear...

Ratings:
    +295
    No more so than Bust(er), and at a fraction of the price.

I say sign 'im.:yes:

7. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    I've loved the dude for a couple of years now. His hands are like stickum is still legal. Get the ball in his general area and he will come down with it. His route running has definitely improved also.

What I can't understand is he was money at the beginning of the game then they didn't even look his way after that. We were down inside the 20 and he was standing on the sideline.:icon_huh::icon_shrug:

8. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,763
    He didn't look frail to me. Looks like he could bring the wood to you if necessary. :icon_eek:

9. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,153
    Definitely underrated and underappreciated. Good thread!

10. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    Excellent Day for Floyd…he is stepping up, and that is just what we need now. I don’t know the status of Chambers, but Floyd is going to force the issue amongst the receiver core. At his point, you can’t sit Floyd.

11. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    He has earned playing time but he isnt going to start over Chambers. Dont know why we didnt see him for only a few plays today.

12. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    True but he hasnt been as frail as Buster :icon_evil:

13. WyomingBoltFan

WyomingBoltFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312
    :yes:

14. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    He's looked good but you're right - he won't oust Chambers from his slot once he's back to full speed.

Buster, however, could end up trade bait at some point. :icon_shrug:

15. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I've always liked Floyd. Don't understand why we didn't see him last season.

Start packing, Buster!!!

16. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,208
    AJ, get this boy under an extended contract.

17. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    He has looked good but we might want to pump the brakes a little bit on the long-term contract. We did that with Castillo, Tucker and a couple others and we're not getting the desired results.

JMO.

18. rexy2006

rexy2006 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,842
    More Floyd love from chargers.com:

Floyd Comes Through Again

Monday, Nov 10, 2008
    By Caleb Barber, Chargers.com

Chargers wide receiver Malcom Floyd is taking advantage of every opportunity that comes his way this season. Over the last few games, Floyd has shown that he is fully capable of getting the job done while starter Chris Chambers is recovering from an ankle injury.

Sunday against the Chiefs, Floyd delivered 76 receiving yards. He caught four passes and had one touchdown catch, his third of the year.

“It was inside leverage,” Floyd said of his TD grab. “It was man coverage and we could have run it either way. We could have run a fade because it was inside leverage but somehow I got inside of him and I just continued to run and caught (Philip Rivers’) eye and ended up in the right place.”

Both Floyd and Rivers agree that the chemistry they have with one another is nothing new, but has actually been a half decade in the making.

“Malcom, there’s no newness in throwing to Malcom,” Rivers said. “For five years we’ve been throwing every day at Chargers Park. So there’s certainly a great comfort level there.”

Floyd’s thoughts on the subject were similar.

“I feel great,” said Floyd. “Phil and I have been throwing to each other for like five years and all you have to do is carry what you do in practice over to the game and it is pretty comfortable.”

Many of Floyd’s teammates displayed their happiness for Malcom’s success, including fellow wide receiver Chambers, who was active Sunday but played little due to a lingering ankle sprain.

“I thought he played great,” Chambers said. “He and Philip have a great rhythm going on and he has a coaching staff and fellow players that are all confident in his abilities and I’m glad he’s getting his opportunity to play, he really deserves the time.”

As excited as he was with the victory Sunday, Floyd couldn’t help but turn his focus to what lies ahead.

“It was a great win,” Floyd said. “It made it tough with turnovers and penalties, but we still pulled it off. It’s time to get ready for Pittsburgh now.”:bolt:

19. ChargerJeff

ChargerJeff Boltaholic

Ratings:
    +342
    M80 has stepped up big this year. I knew he was gonna have a big year, he autographed my wife's hat at training camp - good Karma :tup:

20. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Y'all gotta remember when Philip was carrying the clipboard for Drew, he and Floyd developed a great relationship as they worked the scout team together. He caught PR's first pro TD pass vs KC back in '04 when Marty "rested" his starters; didn't even suit'em up. He caught a TD pass in the back of the endzone vs Denver in that great comeback win the week after his great game vs Cincy the week prior in '05. So he's been doing great thing for awhile.

21. VJ IS THE MAN!!!!!

VJ IS THE MAN!!!!! BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +16
    His size and great hands makes him a reliable target for Rivers. Malcolm is now getting the playing time he deserves and it is paying off, BIGTIME!!!!! Thanks Malcolm.

22. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    I've liked Malcom since he first stepped onto the practice field. Been puzzling to me why he's had to wait this long.

23. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +194
    I still believe in Malcom, I ever loved this guy running and catching passes.

24. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +249
    Somebody will have to check the stats for me, but I believe that Floyd had added a few pounds via the weight room since we first signed him and he has gotten more durable over time. I am very glad we have tall wide receivers that can catch. His emergence should open up the offense a little more and provide an additional headache to whoever is gameplanning against us going forward.

Go Chargers!!! Shock the Steelers!! ( and everybody else for that matter)

:flag:

25. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Love that Nickname man! Explosive M80!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

26. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,696
    Appreciate!

27. powayslugger

powayslugger Feckless Slappy

Ratings:
    +171
    Appreciate !

I'm glad to see Malcolm getting on the field. Last game they threw to him and the offense was moving... then for some reaon they stopped in the second half.

When Floyd gets the ball... good things happen.