1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Man Behind the Mask: Tyronne Green

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Kelsey Fox
    Chargers.com
    Posted Aug 5, 2009

Tyronne Green, one of the Chargers’ fourth-round selections in this year’s NFL Draft, is a guard and center when he’s on the football field. Away from the gridiron, he can regularly be found in a bowling alley or watching crime shows on television. Chargers.com gets behind the mask to find out what makes him tick.

What was your favorite thing about growing up in Florida?

“I would say the weather, but it plays tricks on you. I’ll go with the beaches and being able to vacation near home. Where I’m from and a couple places near my hometown are good Spring Break spots, so I didn’t have to travel too far for Spring Break.''

What was your favorite football team growing up?
    “I didn’t really have a favorite team. I just liked to watch the games on Sundays no matter who was playing.”

Why did you decide to study criminology in college?

“I’m into the crime field and forensics. I like watching A&E and got into watching a lot of crime shows. It was definitely something I was interested in and thought about pursuing.”

Do you think you’ll go into law enforcement after football?

“Possibly. I might want to go back to school and get into forensics. If not, I’ll be a detective or have another job that requires long hours.”

When you’re not playing football, what are you usually doing?

“Probably somewhere singing or watching TV.”

What’s your favorite music to listen to and sing?

“I have a lot of favorite artists. I’m into the old school R&B, mostly slow jams.”

Would you ever consider trying out for American Idol?

“I would. I think I could win it.”

You like to bowl, too. What’s the best you’ve ever scored?

“I don’t remember exactly, but it was over 220. It’s been a ritual for me back at home. Every Monday night there are 25 cent games so I would bowl 10 rounds.”

What are some of your favorite movies?

“Major Payne, Harlem Nights, Coming to America. I really love comedies, I love to laugh, but I like all kinds of movies. You name it and I’ve probably seen it or have it in my DVD collection. I have quite a lot of movies.”

What’s your favorite memory from Auburn?

“Definitely the camaraderie with my teammates. We were really close, especially the guys I came in with in 2004. We all keep in touch now and I’m sure we will throughout the rest of our lives. And definitely Saturday game days – the experience, the atmosphere, the fans, and the Tiger running out the tunnel … those are all great memories.”
    What would be your ideal vacation spot?

“I’m working on that because I’m long overdue for a vacation. After the season I’m going to find somewhere to go, but I really don’t know where yet. It’s in the making.”

What’s your favorite holiday?

“Thanksgiving. It’s a chance to get some home-cooked meals. You know I like to eat; I’m a big dude.”

http://www.chargers.com/news/articl...ne-green/bec35adc-f8ba-4015-a5ae-c830b4266c19

2. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I'm liking this guy. Sounds like he may appreciate attention to detail.

3. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Sounds down to earth, bring lunch pale to work and get after it kind of guy. No BS, just do your job best you can, go home and have a beer, a sandwich and watch a flick. No DUI's here, no weird pecadillos. Just a straight up football player who has fun with the game.