1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Manage the Clock!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Shomer ShaBOLTS, Sep 20, 2015.

1. Shomer ShaBOLTS

Shomer ShaBOLTS BoltTalker

Oct 24, 2011
    Absolute waste of the first timeout! IF, IF, IF McCoy doesn't actually plan to go for it on 4th & 1 (and I subscribe to they absolutely SHOULD go for it on 4th & 1), then run out the play clock, try everything you want to get the 5 yard penalty, and take the delay penalty to make it a 37 yard FG. Completely idiotic to spend a timeout when there is virtually no statistical difference for and NFL kicker between 32 and 37 yards. Manage the game intelligently!
    • Agree Agree x 4
  2. Blitzy

Blitzy Spanos Chargers Troll

May 7, 2011
    Perhaps McCoy needs that nerd genius and majorly "clueless" Muslim kid from Texas, Ahmed Muhamed, to make him a special clock :D
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Aug 12, 2006
    McCoy has been hopeless at this since day 1. I even remember Norv bringing in Chud to do this for him i.e. be the clock man knowing when to call a TO or not.

McCoy needs to man up and admit he is **** at it and get someone in who can do the job end of.