1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Mansker not being charged in Foley shooting.

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by LV Bolt Fan, Dec 14, 2007.

1. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
  2. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    This is Horse Manure. Mansker was ignoring multiple procedural provisions in the "book". The San Diego DA exculpates cops no matter what, both before Dumanis took office and now that she is the DA.

3. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    Snipped from article in post #1.

“After careful consideration of all the evidence and looking only at the narrow question of whether the actions were criminal, it is our conclusion the police officer acted in lawful self defense,” Dumanis said during a noon news conference in her office.

The report did not review whether Mansker followed police department policy nor did it determine if the actions were proper or whether there was any civil liability, Dumanis said.

Interesting to say the least. I would think Foley still has a case against the PD if it can be shown that Mansker did not follow department policy. After all, the shooting did cost him his career.

4. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    In other words its fine to shoot anyone for anything as long as your work for the government.

time to arm yourselves people.

5. Zeus

Zeus BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +83
    Of course he got off he is a COP. They can practically do anything they want and in some cases do.

They should of had a neutral non governmental party investigate it. Maybe a judge? A group of peers? This won't even be a case with a chance to get people to decide. Democracy at work what a joke.

He will be liable, like OJ was, for civil penalties. The good thing about it is some obviously biased person won't decide if the case even goes to trial.

I hope Mansker gets his.. and think he will. Karma is a *****.

6. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Wow that sends a dangerous message IMO. :tdown:

7. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    If a dude pulls out a gun on me I'm stopping in my tracks, I sure as hell am not going to advance on him. Foley was drunk and that fact has been proven, he must have thought he was 16 feet tall and bullet proof. Dumb move on his part.

I am not condoning what the cop did, he should have dropped his pursuit and reported the vehicle license number. He didn't and shot a Charger player,Ii don't think he set out that night with those intentions.

No one is above the law, but being stupid will always lead to trouble.

8. MONDO.

MONDO. Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +36
    I'm over the whole F&$& the police mentality; granted they have a critical role in society to sorting out the good from the bad, but screw this copper, he was totally out of line.

The fact of the matter is there is a percentage of cops out there who are projecting the same kind of I am going to flex on you punk *** bully that shoves kids in lockers mentality on society. This guy had every option to get back up and handle the situation correctly, instead he takes the law in his own hands, Bullshit, bastard why couldn't he shoot a charger I didn't like.... FOLEY was the MAAAAN! I am still on a quest to track down a jersey of his...

Oh well... **** happ's eh... if my rant makes no sense; its the jimmy bean's fault!

:icon_tease:

9. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    I agree, being stupid leads to trouble. Foley had no business driving under the influence.

Mansker should of showed his badge.

If both of these would of happened, Foley might still be playing with our defense.

10. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    We all know what happened. Its a sad day in america. Fairness is thrown out the window. I hope folks realize you can't trust your authority figures. SAd but true. Theres a hierchy of folks that want to cling to ruling things and will stop at nothing to keep in control.

11. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    Its called be responsible. Dont drink and drive. Foley I would assume is a smart fella. One mental mistake cost him his game. He might of forgot this was the game of life, not the game he plays on the field.

12. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    True, Foley acted irresponsible. But Mansker broke many rules, too.

Bottom line - I hope Foley punks him in civil court. This ruling is BS, pure & simple. :icon_evil: