1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Manu featured on NFL Matchup

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by boltssbbound, Nov 19, 2006.

1. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    I don't know if any of you guys saw NFL Matchup this week, but they did a great piece on Manu's importance to the passing game. On the play where Keenan made the unbelievable sideline catch, Manu lined up to the right of Philip, LT to the left. LT picked up the blitzing from the offensive left, but there was no one left to account for the CB who was also blitzing off the left edge. Manu scanned the field, red the blitz and came all the way across the formation to pick off the CB. It was a tremendous play. As Jaws said, "Very few players in the NFL would have made this block."

I really believe that Manu is as important to this team as any offseason addition, with the possible exception of Marcus McNeill. He run blocks well, he pass blocks well and he has soft hands. When Lo Neal retires, I expect the Bolts to use Manu as a TE/HB, because the guy can lead block, he can seal the edge, and he can catch passes.

Great pick up by AJ, and great utilization of personnel by Cam and Marty. :tup:

2. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    So do I. I think Manu's addition in the blocking scheme, as well as being a dumpoff option for Rivers, will be a big help tonight. :tup:

3. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I saw that play and was impressed. It is one of those plays you really need to watch to appreciate at full speed. :yes: Manu's pick-up was HUGE....Way huge for this O-line.

4. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Dude's a 6th O-Lineman with near-Gates like catching ability. :icon_eek:

:yes:
    :tup:

5. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Yeah, you don't really appreciate it until you see it on the game film, from behind. I remember being impressed with it live, but you have a whole different appreciation when you see it from behind.

6. O'reilly

O'reilly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +454
    AJ is a genius!

7. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Your not going to start sayin he is gawd are ya?

8. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    But he is. :yes:

9. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820
    Manu is the man!!!:icon_banana: :icon_banana: :icon_banana: :icon_banana:

10. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts BoltTalker