1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Marcus McNeill Chat Transcript

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by boltssbbound, May 1, 2007.

1. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    http://www.chargers.com/news/headlines/charger-chat-transcript58135.htm

Charger Chat Transcript: Marcus McNeill
    Tuesday, May 01, 2007 , Chargers.com

After finishing his workout Tuesday morning, Chargers Pro Bowl left tackle Marcus McNeill stopped by to field questions from Bolts fans. He discussed everything from his favorite foods to the toughest defensive match-ups he faced in his rookie season.

Marcus: Hey guys, thanks for joining us. I'm looking forward to chatting with ya'll.
    Make sure and come out to Mini Camp and see us this weekend.

Montana_Thunder: Marcus, it seemed that everybody was surprised that you took the league by force last year. Was there anybody in particular that contributed to your success last year?

Marcus: I'd say my two line coaches, Hal Hunter and JackHenry. Hal previously recruited me at UNC. He put a lot of time in working with me because he knew my potential. Jack said he'd tell my mom if I didn't act right.

MadForPlaid: Marcus, congrats on the Pro Bowl nod; you deserved it big time!! What are your offseason plans to stay in shape?

Marcus: Honestly just pulling away from the plate a little bit. That's tough! I’m making sure I work out on a daily basis. I've been here just about every day for our offseason program.

Thlman: Do you still like crab cakes??

Marcus: I love crab cakes! Tom's Lighthouse has the best ones I've tasted in town. Are there any more competitors out there?

Montana_Thunder: Who is the hardest defensive lineman to match up against in the AFC West?

Marcus Jared Allen was tough. He's big and quick off the ball. He plays run and pass well.

The-Beast: Hello Marcus, one of your aspirations was to become a rookie starter. Did you ever believe that you would become one of the few rookie Pro Bowlers?

Marcus: I didn't imagine it the first half of the season, but as my play picked up it started becoming a reality that I might make the Pro Bowl. The hardest part will be not falling into the sophomore slump. You just have to work hard to make sure that doesn't happen.

MadForPlaid: Have you met any of the draftees yet?

Marcus: I haven't but I will Thursday. They come in for Mini Camp this weekend. I've heard we got some good players and good guys.

coloradoBOLTfan: Hey Marcus, as a fellow lineman I’m glad to see us having a popular lineman. Who are your favorite teammates? Who is the funniest...besides you of course haha.

Marcus: I AM the funniest, but next to me would be Nick Hardwick followed by Jamal Williams, a close third.

DaBone: Hey Marcus, have you used the round trip tickets to anywhere in the world LT gave you yet?

Marcus: I haven't used them yet. I'm going to use them to fly to LA. LOL!

MadForPlaid: Did you end up watching the draft to see what AJ & Co. were going to do? If so, where/with whom did you watch?

Marcus: I watched it. I was interested in where some of my old teammates landed. I didn't get to watch Sunday. I played against Craig and he was always a real hard match up for our DB's because he's so quick.

Montana_Thunder: Is there anything specific you do in the off-season to stay in shape? Do you have a certain lifting workout? What’s the most you've ever benched?

Marcus: The most I've ever benched was five cheeseburgers at one time. No, seriously it's about 400 pounds. I'm trying to catch up with Igor. As for staying in shape, I’m participating in our offseason program. Coach Hurd and Coach Stephens are doing a great job with us.

Thlman: hey Marcus its Dave form your favorite restaurant?

Marcus: Again, Tom's Lighthouse...try the crab cakes!

Montana_Thunder: I think those of us not in the NFL truly underestimate how fast offensive linemen really are. Who is the fastest guy on our line?

Marcus: I'm definitely winning a footrace by five yards. It takes two Shane Olivea strides to equal one of mine.

coloradoBOLTfan: How happy are you glad to have Dielman back next to you on the line for a while?

Marcus: I was real disappointed when I thought there was a chance he might leave. I was equally excited when I found out he was coming back. We're real close friends. He's a great player.

gopacific435: Hey Marcus, What’s the buzz like in the locker room? Are you guys excited or what? Are you getting fitted for them Super Bowl rings?

Marcus: Let's not talk about rings yet. It's May 1, not January 1. But we're real excited. It's going to be great to just get on the field this weekend for Mini Camp. I'm looking forward to doing great for the fans this year.

BoltzFan94: Who is your best friend on the team?

Marcus(A) Probably Brandon McKinney. He lives with me. I'm his landlord. I call him Big Head Washington because he needs to play like Ted Washington.

James_Libby: What do you think of Norv Turner and the new coaching staff?

Marcus(A) I'm really excited about Norv and how he can put together an offense. We've talked a lot and he's got me fired up. We're going to score a lot of points again. We're shooting for 33 TD's for LT!

James_Libby: Is college really all that important or should I focus on playing ball?

Marcus: I'm eight hours from getting my degree and next to a Super Bowl that's my biggest goal right now. You've got to keep your priorities straight. When you get to the next level, that's when your focus becomes football.

MadForPlaid: So tell us what rookie initiation ritual the new rooks can expect to go through once training camp begins? Additionally, did you experience anything out of the ordinary yourself?

Marcus: I plan on throwing a rookie off the roof this year, LOL! No, we don't haze at all. We might make them sing to us and do a dance, but that's it. I got to entertain everyone last year with "Just My Imagination" by the Temptations.

MadForPlaid: Do you think college or NFL O-Line coaches are tougher and more demanding?

Marcus: They definitely are tougher in college only because they feel like they're still molding you into the man. Coaches on the next level can just cut you if you don't want to work.

James_Libby: Does Phil ever take you or the rest of the line out to dinner for the great job blocking you do?

Marcus: He takes care of us. He gave me a Best Buy card for Christmas that I couldn't eat and a picture I tried to barbeque but it didn't taste too good. He can't afford to feed us. He has like 9 kids. Seriously, he does take care of us all the time with little things.

Click on Link for Rest of Article

2. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Marcus: I'm definitely winning a footrace by five yards. It takes two Shane Olivea strides to equal one of mine.

Marcus: I haven't used them yet. I'm going to use them to fly to LA. LOL!

:icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl:

3. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    He's one of the best picks. Hard to say right off which of all the very good picks were the best right now. At least for me. :yes:

4. LIGHTS-OUT

LIGHTS-OUT BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    I was surprised he answered a couple of my questions honestly...people in that chatroom act like 'tards.

5. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    most are from Chargers.com................

6. LIGHTS-OUT

LIGHTS-OUT BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    Go figure

7. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    I liked the comment about, "Philip can't afford to feed me. He's got nine kids at home." :icon_rofl:

8. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    Marcus rulez FU shamrock :SDC: :SDC: :SDC: