1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Mario Henderson OT signed?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Dublin Bolt, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +448
    Ex Raider. Saw this on twitter but nowhere else. Anyone know if this is fact or fiction. If true, I like this signing as a backup, he might even have a go at Clary's spot.

2. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Who's Twitter did you see it on ?

There's nothing mentioned on his, so I'd take it with a grain of salt.

Can't say I even know this guy .................. lets see, been arrested on a gun charge, lost a $1.7 Mill.contract with the Turds because he showed up out of shape and sounds like he'd rather be a Preacher than a football player !!!!

YEP, that sounds like an AJ signing ....... :rolleyes:

3. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +448
  4. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    OK, good pickup, but it also says he is going out to Dallas, April 4th and 5th .................. so who knows, don't like what Ive read about the guy though I'm afraid, sounds like a real dumbarse without much game.

5. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    He's definitely a champion when it comes to expressing himself...

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. robdog

robdog Code Monkey Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +262
    Does God want to be GUD or GOOD?

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +837
    The Chargers must have called him up inviting him for a workout, so he did what anyone would do and post it on facebook

8. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +837
    if we sign him I'm getting the feeling we're trading our 2nd and 3rd to move up for Smith

9. ETicket

ETicket Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +322
    Trade up and select who?

10. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Oh yeah, loved his Twitter sig ............ "God, Family, Football, MONEY" !!!

Ummmm, Thanks, but NO Thanks, he's all yours Cowgals, sign him up quick !!!

11. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +448
    I reckon he means Harrison Smith, the safety.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +837
    sorry I wrote that poorly. I was saying if we do sign Henderson I think we we trade up in the 2nd to select Harrison Smith giving away our 3rd and swapping our 2nd with which ever team.

If this guy comes in motivated and competes for the RT spot or just provides a solid back up roll it'll will be one less major need we would have to fill in the draft. Ironically this was looked at after the Notre Dame proday which probably means AJ will do anything to get Smith

13. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,720
    An excuse for AJ to say Clary won the RT job.:cautious:

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  14. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    Who is this guy, and why do you think he automatically fulfills our O-line depth needs? We have a total atm of 8 offensive linemen. We know that at least 3 of them (Dombo, Clary, Hardwick) need to be replaced...

15. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,481
    Report: Former Raider T Henderson negotiating with Chargers
    by Dan McLellan, CBSSports.com

Former Raiders T Mario Henderson is negotiating with San Diego, according to the San Diego Union-Tribune. Henderson last played in 2010, but earlier in the week posted on his Facebook page he would attempt a comeback with the Chargers. If signed, he would likely provide depth at RT. Henderson has appeared in 44 games -- starting 28 -- since entering the league in 2007.

16. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,481
    I'd be OK with replacing Dombrowski....... #imjustsaying

17. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,481
    What's to lose exactly? The cut down to the final roster is a long way away.

Did everyone think the Gaither signing last year would be the answer to the O-line woes? Whether or not Henderson has failed to live up to his potential in the past, doesn't change the fact that he has real size and ability...... the two things you can't coach.

If he's motivated like Gaither was last year, then Henderson may prove to be a good low cost pickup. If he can push Clary for the starting RT position, all the better.

18. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,641
    Doubt he makes it out of camp

19. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,481
    What odds did you give Gaither when we picked him off waivers last year?

Personally, I like to wait until I actually see a player in action before I make any pronouncements on their future.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +837
    does anyone have any stats on him? I know o line men stats are hard to find but anything. I know he was out of the league last year because he showed up to camp out of shape but same thing happened to Gaither. If he has a shot to beat out Clary I say welcome. Last I heard they were negotiating a contract usually if the Chargers were just looking for a camp body and a guy who wasn't in the league last year you'd think negotiation would be slim to none

21. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Look out .................The "real BLEW" has re-emerged it seems....................Mr Optimistic at his finest is back in town.

Mate, you know my feelings about Jumpy Jeromy, Ive always doubted him since day dot, unlike many, so if I thought this bloke had 1% chance of taking his place I'd be exstatic, but what is it about the facts that give you ANY reason to be optimistic ?

To equate this guy to Gaithers is a little far-fetched to say the least, what are his stats at the NFL level ?.................Gaithers could play but had attitude problems, which a change of scenery can change, but if a bloke has very little ability, thats another story altogether.

The simple fact this bloke had a million dollar deal signed, sealed and all but delivered and then shows up to TC overweight and gets cut by the Turds tells me plenty...................NO THANKS, shitekicker at best.

22. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,481
    You may be right......... but then again, you may not. Only time will tell. I see nothing wrong with giving a guy a chance to prove himself. If he doesn't, he won't be on the roster, so what's the big deal?

I frankly don't get the point of slamming every low dollar FA the team brings in. These are the only guys we have cap space left to sign, so wishing for an impact free agent is just silly. They will be given a shot to prove themselves, nothing more. One of them may end up surprising us. It happens often enough with the UDFA's...... what not these guys?

Remember, Laurent Robinson was one of these guys last year. The fact they didn't keep him was a mistake, but he was another low dollar FA signing nonetheless.

23. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Again BLEW, Laurent Robinson had some "runs on the board" as far as being able to PLAY in the NFL, I watched the guy with the Rams and he wasn't useless, thats for sure.

But just because so & so does it, certainly doesn't mean this guy is gonna surprise anyone and all of a sudden, "find a game", that he has yet too show in the NFL since 2008 I believe it was.

I couldnt careless who AJ signs from here on out as far as FA's go................ none will be anything more than a warm body for camp anyway, bet on it.

24. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,481
    So, you don't know Henderson...... but who watches the big uglies "making plays" anyway? ;)

He was a 3rd round pick and starter at one point though, so he has some ability. Obviously, he had some attitude problems, which led to his current situation. That doesn't mean he can't decide to get serious, like Gaither did. Nothing motivates a guy like falling out of the league. Henderson may prove to be a capable backup, and even push Clary.

The contract isn't signed yet, so who knows if he'll get a shot or not.

25. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    You mean our multi-time pro bowl center who just signed a new contract?

26. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Clary is starting, that doesn't mean he has game, just that he is the best option between crappy players

27. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,481
    He's the best we have currently, which makes him the starter. If Henderson has some game, then he could move up the depth chart. Of course, he has to make the roster first. ;)

28. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    I mean our multi-time pro bowl center who gets pushed into Rivers every time he faces a large 3-4 NT, which basically means 4 times a year in the AFC W alone and then likely in every postseason game (assuming we get into the postseason).

He was our best option for this season. That doesn't mean that he's our best option going forward or that he doesn't need to be replaced. He signed a 3 year 13.5m contract, which means (if AJ doesn't disgracefully neglect the 2nd most important OL position) that his replacement should be drafted either this year or next, allowing Hardwick to be cut before the 2014 season if his replacement is ready or retained if not.

Hardwick is a good center, but his limitations are becoming exacerbated with every passing season. The team needs to work on replacing him before we enter another Jamal Williams situation.

29. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,481
    That makes entirely too much sense...... therefore, AJ will wait until it's too late, as usual. ;)

30. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +837
    They may see what Colin Baxter can do with another year under his belt. Not saying its the right thing to do but it is AJ and Norv we're talking about