1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Mark down another "L"

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Blue Bolt, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,411
    CHARGERS INJURY NEWS: Chris Watt, Ladarius Green miss practice with injuries
    By John Gennaro

The San Diego Chargers were miraculously healthy during the preseason, which is great because there are a few places on the roster where they don't have much depth.

Let's hope that run of good health continues.

Jacoby (ankle), Addae (ankle), Fluker (ankle), Watt (groin), Troutman (arm), Tourek (foot) did not practice. Green (concussion) was limited

— Ricky Henne (@ChargersRHenne) September 23, 2015

Oh.

That seems bad.

Chris Watt, the starting center, has a groin injury. Those don't usually heal quickly, and it's especially crucial for him to be healthy while D.J. Fluker is injured.

Without either of them, Trevor Robinson likely gets the start at Center (without a backup to speak of), and Swing Tackle Chris Hairston gets another (hopefully not disastrous this time around) start at Guard. Yikes.

Also, what's this about Ladarius Green?

Terrible news here for Ladarius Green. Limited participant due to concussion. Suffered during game Sunday, team says. His second this month.

— Michael Gehlken (@UTgehlken) September 23, 2015

Oh.

Two concussions in three weeks seems like it wouldn't be good for the brain.

Also, not that there's ever a good time to have a severe head injury, but this is a particularly bad time for Ladarius Green to have a severe head injury. Antonio Gates is still suspended for another two games, which means that either Green is playing groggy on Sunday or John Phillips (who didn't make the 53-man roster, by the way) is your starting Tight End.

So, about that injury luck...

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. IFiredCHart

IFiredCHart Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96
    Am I wrong to not really be too concerned?

--In the 1 game I saw out of Robinson last year, he looked like an actual NFL center. Watt might be the weakest link on the O line through the first 2 games, and considering Hairston is starting, that is saying something.

--Hairston...yeah, he is less-than-inspiring. But he was going to start at RG, anyway. If Robinson looks decent, maybe Watt takes over at RG, a position he is more comfortable with. But given his start, I am not adverse to relegating him to O-line depth if Fluker returns first.

--With the banged-up nature of the O-line, a superb blocking TE like Phillips may be a blessing in disguise.

But yeah, Fluker cannot heal quickly enough at this point.

3. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    Please sit and rest Ladarius Green. We will survive these next two games against the Vikings and Browns. His long term health is far more valuable.

Chris Watt I can't seem to understand, his so up and down this season. I say keep starting him until it's clear whether he can play in this league or not. Troutman should be back and provide needed depth at Offensive Guard.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. IFiredCHart

IFiredCHart Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96
    He was putrid against the Lions and "better than Hairston" against the Bengals, which is not saying much. But if he DNP with a groin injury, it is likely that he will not be starting Week 3. And if the O-line looks better with Robinson, Watt should by all means ride the pine until he is given another opportunity.

5. House of Hayne

House of Hayne Chargers Smash

Ratings:
    +204
    Here here

6. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,411
    Troutman won't be back that soon... At least a couple more weeks by the sound of things. The O-line is a mess with the injuries right now, and it may stay that way for some time.

7. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,734
    So, what's the good news?

8. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +373
    We're not Raider fans!

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,411
    McCoy is still the HC....... No wait, you said "good news"..... The team is still in San Diego?

10. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +434
    I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance.

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. Slam

Slam BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +137
    Why can't we fire Donald and get more o line?

12. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,734
    No one fires the Donald...

150628100138-donald-trump-mexico-immigration-wall-intv-tapper-sotu-00013814-large-169.jpg

13. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +505
    I can't believe Troutman is being looked forward to.............. is that how bad it has got?

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I am not sure if we are collectively a bit Chicken Little, or just like a beaten dog that always anticipates the next blow...

15. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Ricky Henne ‏@ChargersRHenne 4m4 minutes ago
    D.J. Fluker has his helmet & stretching to start practice. Will get full participation level later. Chris Watt also looks to be back

I would not pencil them in until about 5 minutes after kickoff on Sunday.

16. Slam

Slam BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +137
    thanks for confirming the W for us, probably won't have to watch, this one is as good as done

17. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    Hell, the Bolts had a chance to steal the game from the Bengals but just came up short even with all the O-line deficiencies. I'd say they have a good shot at taking this game also, then again, I always believe they're going to win.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Slam

Slam BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +137
    I still think that Dalton's fumble should of been a fumble which would of given us the W, it was the same exact play as Rivers'

19. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    It was close and they called it against the Bolts,but it ain't like that has never happened before.

20. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    LOL the Chargers EVER getting a favorable call or review.

21. Bruce Daniel

Bruce Daniel BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +242
    Could anyone speak to how Franklin was at RT with the Broncos? Is it possible our best line combo would be Dunlap-Watt-Robinson-Fluker-Franklin? With Troutman, Hairston and Barksdale on the bench?

• Like Like x 1
  22. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    I remember him being solid at RT.

But of course that was with Peyton Manning who gets the ball out so quick that most mediocre OL look like studs. Even Vasquez looked competent at RT for a while.

• Like Like x 1
  23. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    A bit? We lost buy 5 points on the road to a playoff team, and people are already acting like the season is over.

• Agree Agree x 3
  24. Blitzy

Blitzy Spanos Chargers Troll

Ratings:
    +1,026
    We got lucky that it so close because of Ginger overthrowing his receivers 3 - 4 times which would have culminated in like 2 certain TDs as our secondary personnel were badly burned on at least 2 of those overthrows with nothing but air and grass in from of the Bengals WR!

No one is saying that the season is over but let us not fool ourselves that critical concerns exist on the D side, starting with lack of penetration by our DL to engage blockers resulting in meek and weak passrush which lead to the secondary running in pursuit like headless chickens!

25. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,411
    Reyes and Lissemore are hardly world-beaters, but Carrethers is inactive on consecutive games..... anyone else what the **** is up?

26. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    We also gifted the Bengals points. One bad game does not define the season.

27. Blitzy

Ratings:
    +1,026
    When the lynchpin of the run D is someone else's 6th rounder cast off and our supposed savior is a 5th rounder who just can't suit up, I would dare to make an edumacated guess that we (those with glutton for punishment proclivity) are going to be in for a looong season! The principle of gang tackling to compensate for this true NT deficiency has neither been a very productive nor successful one, I am sorry to say!

28. Blitzy

Ratings:
    +1,026
    As the team stands with both weak and porous lines, the offense seems to start at a 1st and say 12 disadvantage while the opponents start at a 1st and sat an 8 advantage! This cr*p just can't sustain itself or else we will see its adverse effects in the latter part of the season, just like we did last year, assuming that this team can even muster last year's record before its Bye!

29. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,411
    #cellardwellers