1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Mark Fabiani on 1360AM - Stadium Talk

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Sydalish, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    If anyone is interested - they just said he'll be on after the break.

2. BLITZED56

BLITZED56 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50
    You get that channel in OC? I've never been able to get it anywhere in OC or LA.

3. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    What was said?

4. auctoritas

auctoritas BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +40
    I caught part of the interview:

-This process is closer to the end than the beginning.

-The new marketing deal is about expanding revenues and is not a prelude to a move.

-The Chargers will NOT exercise the escape clause in their lease this season.

-The Chargers are open to all suggestions as far as a stadium in the county, if you have an idea call him at Chargers Park.

-The Chargers want to stay in San Diego County, but as of right now the only options they are working on are the three potential sites in Chula Vista.

-The Chargers are the team in the best position to leave the city they are currently in as far as leases go.

-Unfortunately deals that made financial sense four years ago and were blocked for political reasons are do not make financial sense now, but the political climate in the city is much improved.

5. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

He keeps saying that. Does this mean they are close to an agreement on a location in San Diego County or the whole process is closer to the end, regardless of the results?

6. auctoritas

auctoritas BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +40
    From what I understand, it means that the Chargers are unwilling to go another seven years without a stadium deal somewhere. So closer to your second example than your first.

7. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    I live in the OC but I work in Carlsbad - still can't get a signal there tho :p so I stream online while at work :D It's not the same without Craig Elsten and the Drive [I don't miss Ello too terribly much :unsure: and I have always liked Steve Hartman] but the programming still > 1090 big time.

That's what I got from it too. That they don't want to leave, but they just can't spend years and years and millions of $$ more just trying to find a site and get something going.

Fabiani has always been really open about everything, it's one of the few comforting things about the whole mess. He sounded more optimistic about the Chula Vista sites than I'd heard him in awhile too which was kinda nice.

I don't know who would be interested but... it would be nice to maybe get a grassroots thing going. Writing letters, making phone calls, actively posting comments online in response to articles [like on signinsandiego.com etc...]. From what he says those are the most impactful things we the public can do, especially for those of us who can't vote in Chula Vista or San Diego proper.

8. BLITZED56

BLITZED56 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50
    I see, I'll have to check out the stream sometime. :tup:

9. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Something else the good folk of San Diego can thank Aguerrie, and his CAVE-men (Citizens against virtually Everything) for.