1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Mark Kriegel "Quit Whining"

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by LT-Express, Sep 16, 2008.

1. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +434
    Lol I love how columnists who are fans of other teams love to disbar another team and call them whiners....lol! But yet if it was his favorite team he would be throwing darts to back them up in an article.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8569264?MSNHPHMA

2. Chuck F.

Chuck F. Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37
    He's right.

3. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +500
    The only thing he gets right is the following;

'With a couple more good games, Reggie Bush could be a poor man's Darren Sproles.'

Go little man, Darren rocks!.

4. LT-Express

Ratings:
    +434
    lol, ya okay there Chuck.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Chuck F.

Ratings:
    +37
    The fact that the Charger coaches and players think that the call was the biggest reason they lost is disturbing.

6. LT-Express

Ratings:
    +434
    Really? I dont think so. This is a team sport and good teams overcome ****** play from one side. If the offense is bad, than defense steps up, and vice versa. It happened the offense carried the defense, but just remember that your so called "******" defense pitched a shut out in the second half to get us back in the game until Mr. Ed pissed that away for us.

7. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    We were shafted!!!
    What about the non working cameras? EVERYBODY seems to dodge that!!!

Fact: It takes being violent, dirty, and cheating to get the media's respect. Fact and pure fact!!!

8. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    Dude... it's only TUESDAY. Why is it so wrong for fans to vent after our team was so obviously screwed? If we're still complaining about this on Friday or next week... I can see it being a bit much but c'mon!!

I haven't heard ANY Charger player or coach say that the call was the sole reason for the loss. Not a single one. Every single player/coach has said "yes we got screwed but..." and then they talked about how they could have done better, what they need to improve etc...

There is ZERO DOUBT that we were f*cuked over on Sunday by Eddie-Muscles. Is it the only reason we lost? Nope - but I don't blame the fans for being furious and needing to shout from the rooftops. As a fan our only control is how hard we cheer, how passionately we root for our team. We can't make players execute, we can't make play calls - of course we're going to speak our minds, especially after a weekend like this.

9. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    Look, I agree that we could have done all kinds of things differently to avoid losing that game. But it is a FACT that if that call is made correctly we win the game. No amount of being pissed off about other things changes that.

I don't think the Chargers are sitting around worrying about it any longer, maybe the fans are still pissed. But the writer is an *** monkey for making it sound like the Chargers are being babies about it. All of the sound bites that are being shown over and over again are from Sunday and Monday. Of course people are going to be bent at that point, and they have good reason to be. Just because ESPN and NFL Network keep showing those comments over and over again doesn't mean they are all still sitting around saying those things.

10. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    I agree with Chuck. The columnist is a bit of dick, but his points are valid. You can't play defense that poorly then cry that one or two bad calls took the game from you.

STFU, play some defense and win the game by 37. Then there won't be any questions.

11. Chuck F.

Ratings:
    +37
    Don't get me wrong guys...the call sucked and the ref needs to be held accountable. But the Chargers need to get over any "poor us" thoughts and concentrate on the real reason they are 0-=2...and that is DEFENSE.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    The Chargers are over it. It is the media and the fans that still go on about it...

13. Chuck F.

Ratings:
    +37
    Your probably right Conc.

Let's hope so.

14. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Norv said it was inexcusable, but was in the past. LT said the refs should be accountable but he has to move on. Weddle said that they cant let this game affect how they prepare for the next.

So the team, while understandably frustrated is moving on. Idiots like this author are stuck on it. I know he would be pissing and moaning if it were his team...

15. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    No he isn't, Rivers himself came out and said he left two easy TD's out there on the field. Norv, confirmed that quote by Philip. Sure that was a bad call and it did aid in our loss, but we should never have been in that position in the first place. What you witnessed is a good old fashion AFL type game, no D but all O. Light up the sky!!!!!!

16. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    I'll take a 7 to 6 win over a 39 to 38 one any day.

17. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    OK. Fumblegate is history. In the record books.

Time to move forward, I hope this helps light a fire under the asses of all the Charger organization.

The O: Make them want to play to the point where 1 point wont matter.
    The D: make them play like there is no tomorrow, and like they dont want egg on their faces!
    AJ: Make him realize that perhaps he needs to 'inspire' Cottrell the hutt into being more aggressive in his play calling. TEDDY! IT IS OK TO HIT THE QB!!!

Lets make this a positive and destroy the Jets!

• Like Like x 1
  18. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    That is BS, if we don’t complain nothing will happen. As long as we do keep complaining, then Ref’s become accountable for their horrendous jobs, and the NFL looks into how it happened, and they can fix it.

Just sitting back and having your hands at your side and smiling as if nothing has happened, just shows that some people are afraid to speak out, and love being biatch slapped!

Grow some balls!

19. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,072
    We have all week to get this off our chests. Come Monday Night we have the Jets, then we can put all this behind us, we have another game.

Just sitting back and acting like nothing has happened reminds me of the Sorority initiation ceremony in the Movie Animal House. The one where the pledges are on their hands and knees getting spanked, and after every slap, they yell out

“THANK YOU SIR MY I HAVE ANOTHER”

• Like Like x 1
  20. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...Not me :lol: I grew up watching the Packers, Giants and Colts but became completely enamored with the wild and crazy style of the AFL when it first began. Sid Gillman's Chargers both L.A. and San Diego filled the air with excitement. Hell even the AFL unis were different and colorful as compared to the NFL. Give me the shoot-out any day...but that's just my own personal taste :yes:

21. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    A little venting is necessary in this situation. If you didn't, you'd either freakin' explode or kill somebody. :icon_twisted:

The team has some real issues to solve, particularly the D. I won't go on about Fat Teddy - I've stated my opinion of him as a DC. All I can say is that I hope there will be some personnel moves this week on the defensive side of the ball & that a lot more pride & passion will be shown this Monday night.

22. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

They never had em'!!!
    You're buying too much into what the press is saying and the smack talk from fans of other teams. ONLY thing the Chargers have said is "ref needs to be held accountable."

23. GreyHoodie

GreyHoodie BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    Here is one person who disagrees with Mark Krigel.......

Ed Hochuli

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/sh...-frowny-after-the-disaster-in-?urn=nfl,108018

24. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Oh yeah - a heartfelt automated response.

Big ****ing deal. :icon_evil:

25. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,072
  26. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    The nfl should give the W to the chargers. CAuse they really did win it. Or call it a draw. But not just hand the game to the donks.

27. BroncoJoe

BroncoJoe Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +1
    Good read. Thanks for posting!!

28. LT-Express

Ratings:
    +434
    no problem, dont worry I have some good stuff in store for the laugher of a site you all call orange mane....I will make sure its gets posted dont worry.

29. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    QFT

30. LT-Express

Ratings:
    +434

:lol: