1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Markets

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by goboilers, Jul 14, 2006.

1. goboilers

goboilers BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +50
    Cuban is a star. He should have never opened his mouth though. He killed the golden goose by calling the Yahoo mgmt stupid etc. I remember the then CEO calling Cuban classless :lol: :yes:

Hey Dog, Best of luck tomorrow. I will be rooting like crazy though tomorrow is crazy day for me.

Cramer spoke about recession. listen to what he says. I dont think he figures the macro calls by himself but his contacts are A List. He is covered bec. he called the top.:yes:

L, I know its like the boy who cried wolf but be careful with Junk yeah.

Cheers...

2. goboilers

goboilers BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +50
    cant rep u for the info :icon_sad:

Dog, u wanna dig deeper into this?

3. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851
    How about this:

http://www.marketwatch.com/News/Sto...&guid={C8A24E8F-1CAB-4919-9764-AD986A86F47A}&

SanDisk just posted a 37% profit increase for this quarter and a 40% increase in revenue, over the same one last year. It also just inked a deal with Toshiba to jointly build a new flash memory plant.

SanDisk will soon become THE flash memory company.

4. goboilers

goboilers BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +50
    yeah, I dont get it. If they raised full yr guidance then who cares about worse 2nd qtr loss??

• Like Like x 1
  5. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Well, THAT was because you guys were comparing your financial markets knowledge, investment acumen, and how much money each of you were making. :icon_wink:

I'm just letting you guys know about the company that will become the "Intel" of flash memory and about 2 or 3 years before it does so. :icon_mrgreen:

6. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Apple uses 2.5" laptop hard drives in their larger iPods.

However, the iPods that are 1, 2, or 4 GB may just end up using their flash memory.

Since SanDisk now has about 50% market share, it's safe to assume that half all the flash memory cards used with digital cameras is theirs.

7. goboilers

goboilers BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +50
    I have been pimpin Bud and I am pimpin it even harder.

http://today.reuters.com/stocks/Quo...N&symbol=BUD&storyID=222205+01-Aug-2006+RTRS;

so, bud's only true competition was from Coors (they had the balls to cut prices) but now there is no way they r going to do that. In fact, after this qtr they will raise prices bec. they cant afford another qtr like this. Miller is getting raped by BUD and now BUD will raise prices and increase volumes. If Bud raises prices by a miniscule 2% and 2% volume increase their profits increase a whole lot. Also, Bud announced that their costs will increase by only 3% instead of 3.5%. Their packaging and fuel costs are hedged.

I am hoping Bud's stock falls bec. of the insider selling so that I can load up like a mother. I booked profits at higher levels and now its time to load up even more. Their 3rd qtr (~Oct 27th) is supposed to be easy comps. They will kill it. Cant wait to load up on more.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/060801/anheuser_busch_insiders.html?.v=1

oh, goldman was recommending selling bud calls/buying bud puts against buying TAP calls/selling TAP puts :lol: fcuking morons. I am going to steal even more of their money.

• Like Like x 1
  8. goboilers

goboilers BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +50
    Reits will continue to do well. they might have a blip or 2 BUT they should continue to do well. In the securitized products arena CMBS is by far and away the best product right now and for the next few yrs. Theres is 100 Billion waiting to go into Commercial Props. I would stick with Office and Rental types and stay away from Retail (my opinion).

Keep looking at BUD. dec, 50 calls will be a great bet before 3rd qtr results and Sept 6th when they have an investor conference. u can easily make a 100%. Just look at it. I think right now is a great entry pt. and if it falls it will be a killer bet.
    http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=BUDLJ.X

Junk :icon_shrug: I cant figure this fcuker out. I am bearish.