1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Marlon McCree being a dumbass

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by LittleTrain, Aug 30, 2007.

1. LittleTrain

LittleTrain BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +86
    How can you make the bonehead play this guy made in the playoffs and then point fingers at a departed coach the following year?

His quote from the SI preview:

"We've always had the talent, but now we have the coach," said McCree. "We have confidence in Norv."

That's just weak. His bonehead play in the playoffs pretty much cost us that game. His play in preseason has been horrible. I hope Weddle or someone puts his *** on the bench soon so he can be shown the door.

You can answer that question many different ways without pointing the finger at your former coach. Be a man already McCree.

2. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    Amazing how much you know since you're not in the locker room.

McCree was solid all last year in the regular season. To say he's lost his starting job due to pre-season play places way too much emphasis on meaningless games, don't you think? McCree isn't like Hart or Jue--he's actually proven he can do it over a full season in this league.

3. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +686
    :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse:

4. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    why is that boneheaded? he is telling the truth ahahha

5. LFEpooh124

LFEpooh124 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +38
    I feel McCree is just expressing his confidence in Norv and not necessarily taking a shot at Marty. It wasn't the players decision that got Marty fired, wait, actually it was because of players like McCree who made the boneheaded decisions during the game that cost us the game, thus Marty his job.

But I think a lot of what players say is spoken in terms of the present. It's too early to compare Norv and Marty, even though a lot of critics and writers have, and are constantly trying. The way the players see it, they have Norv as coach, so they're just expressing their confidence and comfort level with him. They see things for what it is, and I don't think they're trying to get politically or begin this whole issue of trying to find the problems that lead to the playoff demise or a coach's firing. Players need to focus on improving their skills and create a sense of comraderie in the locker room among and between players and the coaching staff.

6. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    Fortunately, Marty didn't do anything to compound his players mistakes like, say, throwing an even more bone-headed challenge flag, costing the team a time-out that would have been HUGE on that last drive. And it's not like we ever saw Marty show any indications of being a spazzoid in the postseason, like running out onto the field and getting a huge penalty in a playoff game.

7. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Weak... yeah, a little.

But I think it's becoming abundantly clear that Marty's stuff just got old and tired.

I mentioned this previously in the "Martybawl" thread:
    "Players rolling their eyes..."

(But I agree that this loss was largely on the players and McCree should keep his yapper shut until he atones for his blunder)

8. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +686
    That whole loss was a complete and total mental FU, with the king of "folding under pressure" at the helm.

9. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    AGREED:tup:

10. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Word.

And for old times sake, FU MARTY!!!

• Like Like x 1
  11. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    I hope you come out of the closet and just admit your a Turd fan, Mr. Sunshine. You are quickly becoming this site's Booman. You only post so you can ***** and moan. Boo hoo.

So what if Marlon announced his confidence in Norv? So what if Marlon took a parting shot at Marty? It doesn't really mean **** to this year's team.

This isn't a Days of Our Lives message board. You don't have to be a drama queen about everything. Some things really don't matter, like comments made by players about a former coach.

Do you have the ability to post something positive about somebody? This site doesn't need another ****-stirring attention whore, really.

12. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    LittleTrain,
    Mcree wasn't blaming Schotty for his headbutt but said simply that the team has more confidence with Norv then Schotty. This isn't a case of him scapegoating, just relax bro. And his pre-season play means nothing unless you honestly want to bench LT in favor of Sproles, Harris in favor of Merriman and Jammer/Florence with Cletis Gordon.

13. Chargeroo

Chargeroo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +43
    My reaction is -- there's silly **** posted on any and all boards! :icon_shrug:

14. LittleTrain

LittleTrain BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +86
    Like I said you can pronounce confidence in Norv without saying you didn't have a coach last year...when his own stupid play was the biggest blunder of the entire game.
    I would like to see someone step up and get McCree's spot. I understand preseason is pretty early for that to happen, but a lot more people have been talking about how much better it seems when Weddle is back there. If there is a better player, play him.

15. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    I disagree, it was an unecessary dig at Schottenheimer. Train isn't putting a negative spin on the comments, but you are putting a positive spin on them.

16. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    I just don't see it that way; guess its just agree to disagree

17. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    No, it's more like you are wrong and we are right.

:icon_rofl:

18. Buttmunch

Buttmunch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    Forget that....I call a duel to the death. :icon_twisted:

19. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,930
    i'll just sue your *** instead :flag:

20. Buttmunch

Buttmunch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    Q: How can you tell if a lawyer is well hung?
    A: You can't get a finger between the rope and his neck!

Q: If you are stranded on a desert island with Adolph Hitler, Atilla the Hun, and a lawyer, and you have a gun with only two bullets, what do you do?
    A: Shoot the lawyer twice.

21. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    The way I see it is the Marlon McCree did make a boneheaded play in that game. He wasn't the only one, but what concerns me is that he still doesn't just admit he made a mistake. Instead he insists he did the right thing.

In this instance, I'm not going to say it was specifically a shot at Marty, but it still was him deflecting blame away from himself.

And to Marty, FU, if you have another grand kid, name him Choke, so you'll have something in common.

22. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +686
    There are many, myself included who would disagree with that.

Flo Headbutt.
    Parker Fumble punt and trying to pick it up instead of falling on it.
    Shoty blowing the last timeout on a play everyone knew would be not be reversed.

All those rank above McCree trying to make a play.

23. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +686
    Well he has a kid by a waitress in KC and his wife doesn't wait tables....

One of the many things that contributed to his departure in KC. That is frowned upon in the bible belt.

24. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Marty? Really? I didn't know that.

That's very interesting.

25. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    That's right, McCree, keep your yapper shut and leave the Marty bashing to experts like us. You're a better safety than any of us and we're much better at busting Marty's chops than you are. The only thing you're doing is harshing my buzz.

:icon_tease:

• Like Like x 1
  26. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Those were all blunders, but none were as big as McCree's.

IMO that was a situation where you're taught what to do since PeeWee football. He tried to be the hero instead of the team player (as he's still doing by not admitting his mistake).

The other blunders all contributed to our loss, but this play in particular would have almost assured us the victory. It was fourth freaking down and all that needed to happen was an incomplete. If that ball fell to the ground incomplete on that fourth down, the Patriots would have almost zero chance of winning that game.

27. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    you're kidding right... :lol:

28. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    I need this dang season to start so we can have a positive football game.

29. fredfan

fredfan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +3
    Yeah! Then we can piss and moan about some current games. :lol:

30. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    All I have to say about the matter is lets win a world championship this year.:yes: :flag: :flag: :bolt:

• Like Like x 1