1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Marlon McRee is a Donkey

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by HollywoodLeo, Mar 8, 2008.

1. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,414
  2. sickswonnyne

sickswonnyne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79
    Marlon McCree is a Donkey

Wow, now he is the most hated ex-Charger playing. I hate the Broncos even more than the Raiders, and this guy hurt us in the playoffs 2 seasons ago. D-Flo was alrite to me, Ben Leber was never hated, even Junior and Rodney did great things for us here. Sammy Davis just sucked. But McCree hurt us the most. And now he's a Bronco!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Chavez

Chavez Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37

Good for us!

4. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96

...McCree a donkey...what a bunch of jackasses. Pun intended :icon_rofl:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746

YES! McCree and Lynch, are you kidding me?

Deep middle all day. ALL DAY.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192

:abq2::abq1::abq2:

Wooooohoooooo!!!!!!!!!

Rivers was dancing a jig with his bad knee after hearing this news!

7. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,555

This is fantastic news! :abq2:

This adds a whole new weakness to the Donky D, their over the top coverage will suffer severely, there is no way Bly and McCree can handle Vincent Jackson! The YAC yards will be incredible!:icon_rofl:

8. LTisCool

LTisCool BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +17

Oh man this is awesome!

• Like Like x 1
  9. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929

Bout time we start abusing him back considering how much abuse he gave us

Deep down the field all day and run it right at him. Broncos won't be able to stop us from putting 50 on them twice this year

10. mandude

mandude BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +59

ugh, I think he's definitely lost a step, and was never a great safety, but I am worried about the knowledge he brings. He knows Rivers and our WRs like the back of his hand.... I would have preferred he went the Turds at least their they wouldn't be able to execute on any insight they gave them.

11. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272

That stuff is overrated. Rivers made plays in practice, and McCree was out there personally defending against him and against an offense he practiced against every day of every week. He's not going to be able to give the Donks anything they won't know from watching film.

Besides, our offense is undergoing a fundamental change. Rivers grew up in the playoffs, Norv proved that we can move the ball without leaning on LT, and we're going into camp with THREE good-to-great receivers (Jackson, Chambers, and of course Gates,) plus Parker, Davis, and Nanee. Any info he gives he Donks will be moot once we take the field for that first game in September.

12. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467

Simple, just get McCree pissed off and he'll do something stupid for a huge penalty. The guy can play, but he's not so smart.

13. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148

This is where I laugh...

IMO we are not an over the top team nor are we a YAC team...Its not our game...So, both of your points are moot as the apply to the Chargers IMO. We run a very controlled underneath passing game. We hardly go downfield ( I have my opinions on that but thats another thread), and we often run out or middle stop routes with little YAC.

Marlon McCree is a tough son of a ***** that can hit...He also knows our team inside and out. That includes the playbook, tendencies, weaknesses etc...

McCree was a good starter on this team and I wish him well.

TBF

14. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3283548

Actually McCree might not even start
    The Broncos reached an agreement with former GB/Seattle safety Marquand Manuel and the ESPN article/bit says he'll compete for teh spot alongside John Lynch.

15. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192

Norv brings an over the top offense. We don't run some kind of west coast offense, it's a variation of Coryell's offense. MEcree is anything but a tough son of a *****, he's a fool, who's lost in coverage much more often than when he's in position to hit a defenseless receiver. I remember a play last year where Jackson was lined up against a Donkey linebacker, and Rivers hit him on some forty yard bomb right down the seam, no safety help. There won't be any safety help with MEcree in there either.

I doubt he knows our tendencies, outside of what we do on defense. He doesn't sit in the offense's meeting rooms....I don't remember Donnie giving the Chiefs any inside information, nor do I remember him giving us any inside information when he came over here. Once again the Donkeys are proving that they don't know what they're doing. They remade their linebacking corp with a couple of mediocre players, and they did the same thing with their safeties, Manuel and MEcree:icon_rofl:

16. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272

You did watch the Chargers in the playoffs, right?

17. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

I think the previous post was pointing out that our YAC WILL be great. They didn't say we were. :icon_shrug:

I think knowing our team inside/out is over rated. Dude couldn't stop our offense in practice while he was here, why will he have should he have a positive impact for another team??

and dude did contribute to last years playoff loss, no?? :icon_evil:

• Like Like x 1
  18. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,414

Do they really show the defense the offensive playbook?

Honest question.

19. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,555

Oh you wait! wait until you see Buster develop into the slot and pull out his return moves to break a 60yd play.

Gates and Jackson are not exactly small either, I've seen both of them break 2-3 tackles in route to game changing plays.

I also think its in part to do with Rivers not putting the ball in the recievers chests consistantly, not like Manning, Brady, and Favre who make their passes look like long handoffs.

20. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408

Mr. "I never met a tackling angle that I liked" McCree? :icon_rofl:

We'll beat his *** like a drum, IF he gets any playing time.

Mr. Weddle, welcome to your starting position at safety!! :tup:

21. Stan_The_Man_12

Stan_The_Man_12 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +38

No big whup.

McCree is a idiot that should have been cut last year. He was weak in coverage and support and along with Bou Jouh amongst the worst FA signings in the AJ Smith era. I shed no tear for Mcrees departure and hope to see Vincent Jackson all alone at the back of the end zone in Denver soon. Six pack awaits.

Stan :rivers17:

22. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171

I don't even care that McCree is gone but the fact that it's Shanahan bugs the **** out of me.

23. Stan_The_Man_12

Stan_The_Man_12 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +38

ShanaRat the GM is worse than ShanaRat the coach, so I say no worries, but to each his own. :yes:

Stan :rivers17:

PS...BY the reaction of Donkey's fan on the Donks main Forum/BB you would think they just signed a piece of the "Steel Curtain" in their prime = delusional

24. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Last I head, if the Donkeys miss the playoffs thins season... that could cost Shanahan's job.

Anybody here think "No Playoffs/No Shanahan 09" in Donkey Land?
    I would vote, yes!!! McCree will be a nice contribution!!

25. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

I'm not so sure,

I say the Rat and Scarface Davis should stay on their respective teams forever!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

26. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148

Norv may bring an over the top offense, but does our personell...

Rivers is a good QB and gritty as hell, but, he doesn not throw a good deep ball for one reason or another. Like I said earlier, another topic for another thread...Think back to last season, we did not have much YAC at all...I know he was hurt, but v NE we had maybe 20 yards of YAC the entire game if that....

TBF

27. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148

Some teams have great QB's, some teams have great WR's...Some teams have great QB's that make descent WR's look awesome...

Brady is the best QB in the league...But, is Welker a top tier WR? I think Bradys ability to hit pass catchers in stride is his best attribute... Rivers is not that type of passer...Rivers has an awesome arm for the deep out and the 20 yard come backer...

Welker isn't the same WR on our team IMO...His game is underneath timing/crossing routes, but it's not Rivers' game...Brady and Welker work well togther, as does VJ and Rivers...

A coaches job is to fit his playbook into the personell that you have at hand and hope that it works. Quick crossing routes and deep 9 routes are not what our players are about...We play to our strenghts... The best type of team is the team that exploits the best out of its players abilites...

On Mcree...He was/is a 7 year NFL vet that is good (not great, but good). I find it funny that people think he wasn't tough... He laid a ton of would in the middle... (And not just on defenseless recievers) He wasn't great, but he got the job done the last two years. He made knuckle head mistakes at key times, which pissed me off, but the totallity of his tenure here was good.

TBF

28. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264

I reworded this for you BFL.....:yes:

29. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272

You don't need the bomb to stretch a defense. You don't need to throw a great deep-ball to have a vertical offense. Dan Marino never threw a great deep-ball and he led some scary, scary offenses. How often does Peyton Manning throw a 60-yard bomb (and complete it?)

When a defense stacks the box to take away LT, they are going to leave soft-spots. Invariably, the book on the Chargers (which we saw a lot in the first half last year) was to busy-up the line-of-scrimmage with a lot of bodies, play short-to-medium zone defense, and force Rivers to make plays.

The holes in that type of defense are 1-5 yards down-field and 20-30 yards down-field, and Rivers has NO trouble making those throws. We saw it in the playoffs. He absolutely shredded the Colts defense in that 20-30 yard range. Jackson and Chambers are ideal for making those plays.

But those are deep throws. They require decent pass-protection and a QB and receiver who are on the same page.

If Rivers picks up where he left off next year, defenses will have no choice but to back off the LoS and play us straight-up. Instead of a "solution" defense they'll have to play us like a dangerous offense and try to make adjustments. That should open things back up for LT, which will in turn make play-action more effective, which will then open up the short-to-intermediate passing game.

The very most dangerous offenses, the kinds that keep defensive coordinators up at night, are the ones who can consistently make the 15-30 yard throw. Defensive coordinators don't sweat the deep ball. It's too unreliable. Offenses can't go into games anticipating they'll complete the bomb four or five times. It's the ability to dissect your defense all over the field that makes an offense unstoppable, and we are going to have that potential next year. We definitely have the personnel for that.

• Like Like x 1