1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Marshall Dogging it Bigtime in Denver

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Alpenbolt, Aug 27, 2009.

1. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Sweeeeeeeeeet.

3. Rainman

Rainman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +126
    One douchebag in Denver down, one douchebag in Denver to go! :tup:

4. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    I hope he stays in Denver. :tup:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    Been a rather smooth coaching transition in Denver don't you think?

Epic offseason.

• Like Like x 1
  6. powayslugger

powayslugger Feckless Slappy

Ratings:
    +272
    Gotta love the drama... are the Broncos trying to replace the Raiders as "A-holes of the division" ?

Can you say 6-0 in the division this season? Sure you can!

7. LFEpooh124

LFEpooh124 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +38
    Haha, at this rate, I do think the Broncos will get rid of him. My biggest fear... is that he's shipped off to New England.

Imagine Moss and Marshall, with Welker as the slot. Damn, that would be one potent air attack.

8. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    Jesus...............

I can only imagine making millions of dollars and acting like that while at work. Four year olds act better than that/ You don't win games, much less superbowls, with guys like Marshall and Cu-n-tler on your team.

9. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    What a jerkoff!

10. BlueandGold

BlueandGold The Oracle

Ratings:
    +219
    Meh, but if I'm a Pat fan my biggest worry is where I'm going to find a defense :yes:

Perhaps Marshall can play DB too?

11. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    Reminds one of the Simpsons episode when Bart refuses to do anything Lisa tells him to and in the end only he gets the broken arm. Seriously, I feel like going over to ask some Denver fans if they even have a shred of respect for that "doucher."

12. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    The Donks don't have much choice but to suspend this half wit. It will at least free up a roster spot that will effectively be empty with this butt head still active. It would end his pay checks as well. I would trade him to a team like Detroit. Why give him a reward by sending him to a contender. At this point, his trade value isn't too high.

13. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,804
    I would make that whiney little biotch ride the pine. Letting him go elsewhere sets a terrible precident. Suspend him and then make him sit until he man's up and does his job. He isn't being paid millions to throw temper tantrums he's being paid to play football.

14. BOLT POWER

BOLT POWER Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +13
    Denver is starting to look like the Raiders, Brandon Marshall is becoming a cancer like David /boston did to us years back
    :icon_tease:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl:

orangemane is in meltdown mode. :icon_party:

16. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    PRACTICE??!!!!!

PRACTICE???!!!!

WE TALKIN BOUT PRACTICE!!

17. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Typically I would love to see this, but I hope no team in the NFL gives that premadana piece of excrement another chance...

18. Rainman

Rainman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +126
    I don't see another team trading for B.M. (perfect initials eh?) without first agreeing to a contract extension.

Few, if any, teams would give up anything of value for a guy who will walk at the end of the season.

So the idea of sending Marshall to Siberia... er.. Detroit... sounds good, but it won't happen.

19. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp09/news/story?id=4427522

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Denver Broncos wide receiver Brandon Marshall told ESPN's Trey Wingo on Thursday night that he's not trying to force a trade through insubordination but that frustration got the best of him during a disruptive display at practice this week.

Although coach Josh McDaniels wouldn't say why, Marshall apparently was held out of practice Thursday as punishment for his unprofessional conduct at practice a day earlier.

Marshall went on ESPN Thursday night to discuss his actions that were shown on a video from Denver's ABC affiliate.

In the video aired by KMGH-TV from Wednesday's portion of practice that was open to the media, Marshall was shown walking when the rest of the team was running during warmups, insolently punting the ball away instead of handing it to a ball boy and swatting away a pass that was thrown to him.

Marshall said some of the video, which included a shot of him sitting on his pads before practice, was taken out of context. But he acknowledged his frustration boiled over and that it was an error in judgment to act as he did, especially when he punted the ball.

"I think everybody knows there's a lot of stuff built up there, and me handling it that way wasn't good," Marshall said during the ESPN phone interview. "I think if I could do it again I definitely wouldn't punt the ball."

Marshall said he wasn't trying to force his way out of town -- he asked for a trade this summer after the Broncos declined to rework a contract which will pay him $2.2 million this season.

"I'm not out there trying to be a distraction to the team," Marshall said. "Unfortunately, yesterday I kind of let my frustration get the best of me."

Marshall, held out of the Broncos' preseason game at Seattle on Sunday night after admitting he didn't know the playbook and running almost strictly with the scout team last week, said he wants to get ready for another good season in Denver.

During a brief post-practice news conference on Thursday, McDaniels refused to say whether Marshall's absence was health-related -- he has been dealing intermittently with a strained hamstring that sidelined him for most of training camp.

"I'm not going into it," McDaniels said. "If they're not ready or able, they're not out here."

McDaniels was then asked if Marshall was on the premises.

"I don't know where he's at right now. He was in the building this morning," McDaniels replied.

McDaniels appeared to become irritated when, in a follow-up question, he was asked whether he had spoken with Marshall.

"I'm not talking about it," McDaniels retorted. "He's not out here at practice. When he's ready and able to practice, he will practice. That's it."

The Associated Press sought comment from Marshall's agent, Kennard McGuire, but was told he was out of the country until Monday.

It appears unlikely that Marshall will make his preseason debut in Sunday night's exhibition against the Chicago Bears and former teammate Jay Cutler, who forced a trade out of Denver this winter.

McDaniels held Marshall out against the Seahawks because he said the wide receiver wasn't prepared to take the field in a game. Marshall missed the team's exhibition opener against San Francisco two weeks ago because he was on trial in Atlanta, where he was acquitted of a misdemeanor battery charge, a verdict he had hoped would give him leverage for a new deal in Denver or somewhere else.

Marshall was angered the Broncos had instructed his teammates not to say they were happy for Marshall over his acquittal on charges he beat up his then-girlfriend 18 months ago.

That's when Marshall started spending more and more time with the scout team and hanging out with the defenders instead of his fellow offensive players in between drills.

Marshall has only practiced a handful of times this offseason. A Pro Bowl receiver with 206 receptions the past two seasons, Marshall has sought a new contract and, after the Broncos did not act on his request, asked in June to be traded.

He's unhappy not only with his contract but with what he feels was the team's misdiagnosis of a hip injury that required offseason surgery.

He pulled a hamstring on the first weekend of training camp and didn't return until a week ago.

***-HAT!!!!

20. MONDO.

MONDO. Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +36
    Agreed!

Granted if any team is going to have to deal with this I am glad its the broncos; but really the prick gets paid millions to play ball if he can't be professional and an adult he deserves to ride the pine and end up back on the block. This entitlement **** is ridiculous; really marshall a tantrum really?

Broncos falling apart? FINE BY ME :tup:

21. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    Broncos suspend WR Marshall

for the rest of the preseason for insubordination.

:lol:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4428598

The Denver Broncos have suspended Brandon Marshall for the rest of the preseason for insubordination.

Coach Josh McDaniels met with Marshall Friday morning and informed him he was being suspended for conduct detrimental to the team after exhibiting open acts of insubordination Wednesday on the practice field.

McDaniels informed the team in a full-squad meeting of the decision Friday, at the end of a meeting in which they discussed the upcoming game against Bears.

Marshall said during an ESPN interview Thursday night that he was not trying to force a trade through insubordination, but that frustration got the best of him during a disruptive display at practice this week.

In the video aired by KMGH-TV from Wednesday's portion of practice that was open to the media, Marshall was shown walking when the rest of the team was running during warmups, insolently punting the ball away instead of handing it to a ball boy and swatting away a pass that was thrown to him.

Marshall said some of the video, which included a shot of him sitting on his pads before practice, was taken out of context. But he acknowledged his frustration boiled over and that it was an error in judgment to act as he did, especially when he punted the ball.

"I think everybody knows there's a lot of stuff built up there, and me handling it that way wasn't good," Marshall said.

Marshall said he wasn't trying to force his way out of town -- he asked for a trade this summer after the Broncos declined to rework a contract that will pay him $2.2 million this season.

"I'm not out there trying to be a distraction to the team," Marshall said. "Unfortunately, yesterday I kind of let my frustration get the best of me."

Marshall, held out of the Broncos' preseason game at Seattle on Sunday night after admitting he didn't know the playbook and running almost strictly with the scout team last week, said he wants to get ready for another good season in Denver.

• Like Like x 1
  22. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    but he wont lose a penny.

Now if they suspend for part of the season.............

23. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    I think it's a very real possibility. This team is not going to the playoffs, and I will gain a lot of respect for McDaniels if he sits Marshall during the season.

• Like Like x 2
  24. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    It's beginning to look alot like Christmas.............

Seriously, just pen us in as AFC West champs for the next two or three years minimum

25. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Wanting off the team is one thing but that's not going to open up doors for other teams.

• Like Like x 1
  26. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Mufflers Are Overrated

Ratings:
    +329
    Wait for it... :yes:

27. GBERP73

GBERP73 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    dork's are in a mess.

28. BoltFanDC