1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Marty Approval Ratings triple in last 2 weeks

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by matilack, Oct 17, 2006.

1. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,555
    http://proxy.espn.go.com/nfl/sportsnation/ratings

Man I remeber 2 weeks ago when we lost to Baltimore Martys approval rating reached 35%, over the last two weeks its sky rocketed to 89% the 5th highest in the NFL.

I hope Marty notices this! No more martyball = HOORAY MARTY!!!:icon_banana:

2. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Oh you should have been at the hotel Saturday night when I lit into most of the weenie posters who hated Marty. :yes: :bolt:

3. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    I had just enough beer in me that one of the wives (and I can not remember who she was or the posters name) interceded because she thought her hubby was going to get eaten alive. :lol: I had never met this poster and wife so maybe they got offended.....hell I am not sure.....:icon_shrug:

4. RayDahayder

RayDahayder BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +23
    Well, if marty had lost the steeler game after sitting on a seven point lead I think he would have been gone. You can't have your own coach losing games where the players have played well enough to win.

But, if marty keeps doing what we've been seeing the last two weeks, then we have ourselves a super bowl contender. We should be 5-0. I have to believe that AJ (and maybe Spanos) sat down with marty after the ravens game and said, "Never again". How else can we explain throwing with a 7 point lead over the squeelers and again this past sunday when we had a massive lead? Marty has been talked to.... and I like the results!!!

5. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,555
    I wonder why I havent heard much love for

JACK HENRY!!!The guy has done a brilliant job with a mediocre Oline. McNeil will go to the probowl if he keeps playing like that.

6. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Yup.

Maybe veteran LT Robert Gallery needs to watch some film of rookie LT Marcus McNeill's play so he knows how it is done in the NFL.

:lol:

7. Kitsune-udon

Kitsune-udon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +4
    LeCharles Bentley spoke highly of Henry. I figure this is the kind of coach that our players listen to. How great you are doesn't mean **** unless people listen to what you're trying to teach them.

8. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,555
    And they are listenen arnt they, ive been very impressed with our Oline.

If our team keeps its pace(which I doubt) I see 10 potential probowlers at this point of the season.
    Rivers!, LT, Gates, McNeil, Neal, Merriman, Phillips, Williams, Castillo, and Hardwick!!!

9. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    I truely believe you will see it rear it's ugly head every now & then. Reason being, if we rack up the points the way we've been, Marty is going to be afraid that the defense might slack off a bit. And the way to keep them fresh and in the game is to keep the score close. Thus MartyBall!!!!:no:

10. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,555
    Im worried about it too, especially if our passing game waivers even for one second.
    Otherwise we are considered a pass first offense.

11. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    Marty's ratings will skyrocket until week 18 or 19 :lol:

12. PhillyChargerFan

PhillyChargerFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +288

I disagree. I also don't think Marty was called "upstairs" for a talking to. I believe he read LT's comments and that is what made Marty put Martyball away.:yes:

13. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Agreed Marty was not "talked" to and this Marty ball stuff is just invented by media hype and caca.

As soon as we win the Super Bowl, what happens to the Marty bashers ?

They better come and say that the mother fuggin prophet was right again and to kiss the ground of the temple (and my ***). :icon_mrgreen:

14. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    After Marty rides this team to the Super Bowl, people will call him one of the top 3 coaches in the NFL and his "bashers" will wither and die without anything to live on.

15. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I'm content with Marty unless we could replace him with Parcells, Gruden, Belichick or someone of that caliber!!!

16. PhillyChargerFan

PhillyChargerFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +288

A SUper Bowl victory is the only thing missing from Marty's resume. So if he does win it I can see people calling him one of the top 3 coaches in the league.