1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Marty-ball is kinda back

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ChargerRay, Oct 11, 2011.

1. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    Just 2 years after L.T. departed (stating that we are no longer committed to the run), the Bolt's are once again becoming a dominant rushing the ball.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/rushing

#8 Chargers (We can run!)
    #28 Jets (Grounded and pounded)

2. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Literaly slapped my hand against the desk repeatedly at the thougth that you are only just now noticing this?? One of my biggest complaints about Norv is that Martyball survived martys departure. :/ Owell at least you had 4 years of blissfull ignorance of this information...

Or are you infering that our stats rushing the ball vs the leauge makes us run heavy??

3. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 Winners Win

Ratings:
    +942
    to me.. Mathews should be getting the ball at least 18-24 times a game.. Tolbert should get a few just outside the redzone and possibly in the redzone (if he stops fumbling).. And I would really like to see Todman get the ball as well, he looked good in pre-season and Norv said for now on he is activating all 4 running backs a game..

• Like Like x 1
  4. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    Maybe marty is giving norv instructions on his earpiece!

5. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    This is not Marty ball. Marty Ball is........actually this is kinda like Marty ball. Way to go Norv taking tips from your predecessor.

6. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    I agree with the earlier comments... when did we ever stop playing marty ball? Sometimes it almost seems like norv is better than marty at marty ball. I mean some of the sprole/matthews/ tolbert dives a couple plays in a row gaining no yards, I don't think marty could have played that conservative.

7. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +370
    So looks like we're going to be one and done in the playoffs again if he's following Marty.

8. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    Saying that are running game is once again effective with pretty much the same line and a younger group of RB's.

9. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    Well it happened last time... So wouldn't surprise me again. We get hyped up after alot of regular season wins and a few big retg season wins and then play like september in our playoff game and stayhome for the rest of january(not because we are the top seed either)

10. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    The Gleam vs Norv's halftime "Insperiational speeches" that's what it's gonna come down to.

One factor/person that was involved in both Marty's and Norv's playoff failures is currently on I.R this year.

11. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,415
    Wow. This thread brings back blissful memories.

Martyball: We lost/played like **** so anything bad that happened is "Martyball" Damn you Marty!

12. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    So if that holds true we'll do pretty damn good come January :D