1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Marty Ball = West Coast Offense??

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by When Lightning Strikes, Mar 2, 2007.

1. When Lightning Strikes

When Lightning Strikes Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2006
    What is the West Coast offense you say, well pretty much its like this...Pass short, picking up first downs in the beginning of the game...when the Defense is tired, run the ball. It was invented by the Chargers in 1960 and used by many great teams and still teams today. The Niners were famous for running the West Coast Offense and won three superbowls doing so. With a QB like Montana, WR like Jerry Rice, a TE like Dwight Clark and a RB like Taylor...it was the key to success. Sound Familiar??

Hmm, was Martyball on to something? We have a great QB with Rivers, a great TE in Gates and some say our RB is pretty good with LT. We are just missing that key ingredient in a wide reciever. Can VJ step it up and become that WR that we need so badly? I think so. I think Marty was a bit smarter than lots of people give him credit for. I can see this working. I see the wonderful formula that a good West Coast Offense can bring. Lets get those short passes and 4-5 yard gains and first downs, Lets pound the run late in the game and lets take control of the AFC west again.