1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Marty on 1090 right now

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by DenverBolt67, Oct 19, 2010.

1. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,919
    If people loved Marty Ball so much why did I spend half my time on Chargers forums defending Marty against his detractors?

2. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    People hated Martyball, but loved Marty as a person. At least that was my experience. I think people hate everything about Norv

3. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,919
    This is a much more accurate assessment.

4. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +912
    Why is it that it has to be Marty or Norv with some people here?

I never wanted Marty hired, but got on board because he was our coach. There were a lot of things about Marty I didn't like, and it didn't break my heart when he was fired. I did not want Norv turner hired either, but again he was our guy and I got on board. If he is fired, it will not break my heart. If it was up to me, I want an aggressive coach who wants to attack other teams offensively and defensively. Make other teams beat you, don't give it to them. I don't know who that is, but someone like that would be my choice.

5. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,919
    Exactly. Why people insist on making this conversation Marty vs Norv all the time is beyond me.

You know what you're doing when you try to bring up Marty Schottenheimer? You're looking backwards when the world is moving forward, that's what you're doing.

6. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Hall of Fame

Ratings:
    +236
    I am looking to the future. A future where Norv is gone and Marty is back. Future not past.

7. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,919
    Fixating on Marty when there are many other possible replacements is looking at the past.

8. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,223
    :lol: :lol: and further :lol:

9. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Hall of Fame

Ratings:
    +236
    :lol: :lol: NORV:lol:

10. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,919
    There are more head coaches in this world than Norv, Marty, and Marty's friends.

11. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,976

he took us to the top of the mountain, we had the best view of everyone that year. What we did not know was that there was a sheer cliff just behind us, and just like what happened in Cleveland, and just like what happened in Kansas City. Everyone jumped off that sheer cliff and face planted at the bottom. We all did not go anywhere but straight back to the bottom along with all the others that sat at home and watched us. It was a very LONG and HARD walk out of the Stadium that day. Disgusted put it mildly. I know that loss hurt more than the loss in 1979. I know that loss hurt more than the loss in 1980. If you guys are satisfied with having the best record in Football and then having NOTHING to show for it, Marty is your guy. Because losing in the playoffs has happened how many times now in how many different cities with different teams.

We had the best chance just like all the other times in all the cities Marty has coached. We had the best chance with the highest seed, and we were one and done.

WE DID NOT GET A LOMBARDI!!!!!!!

That is how we are judged now a days.

WE STILL HAVE ZERO LOMBARDI’S.

Feared, feared at what?

New England stood on our very 50 yard line at the end of the game and mimicked LT and his Touchdown celebration. When were we feared?

And now it comes down to this, if Marty is such a great coach, why is he not still coaching?

12. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Hall of Fame

Ratings:
    +236
    if Marty is such a great coach, why is not still coaching?

I don't know............Retirement maybe?

13. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,976
    nobody wants him except a select few around here.

14. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I love the smell of football in the morning.

Ratings:
    +1,165
    Are you talking about Marty McFly? Hellooo, McFly has gone back to the future! Why don't you get the flux capacitor off your delusional high horse thinking that he will be back.

Signed, Mr. Fusion

15. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,976
    and you did that with banana peels?

16. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I love the smell of football in the morning.

Ratings:
    +1,165
    Yeah, and some leftover beer... ROFL

17. 1 COOL GUY 13x world Chmp

1 COOL GUY 13x world Chmp Jesus gives wisdom if you pray for it! Banned

Ratings:
    +4
    How many teams Marty coached that had blocked field goals or punts? He was an excellent fundamental teacher. I watch the chargers now and see elementary stuff not being done correctly. How to rush the QB or blocking or footwork. Or why our players don't handle the ball properly? How many times do our players fumble the ball when Norv coaches them?

Steps:
    1. Coaching: Fundamentals.
    2. Developing tactics that work with the player u have.
    3. Finding ways to get your stars the ball.
    4. Stopping the other teams stars changing your strats to absorb there strengths
    5. Making sure your special teams contribute to your wins.
    6. Designing tactics that are Superior to all other teams out there. Willing to take ideas from anyone especially tacticians.
    7. Being unpredictable at all times.
    8. Always looking for fresh up and coming talent, willing to trade for great talent at any time.
    9. Playing a style that the fans love and are excited to see knowing each week our team will be doing things differently.
    10. Motavating your team each week so they look like they playing in the superbowl each week, since your supposed to be preparing for a title each year anyways.

Which of these ten does Norv or Marty did more of?

18. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,919
    There were just about as many fundamental mistakes in the 2006 playoff debacle as we've seen this year.

19. 1 COOL GUY 13x world Chmp

Ratings:
    +4
  20. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,919
    But it was one of the most important games Marty's ever coached, and as always seems to happen, that's when his team screws up.

I don't know why anyone insists on making this a Norv vs Marty thing. We can argue that Norval sucks without trying to prop Marty up and turn him into a martyr.

21. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,976
    and how many fundamental mistakes were made in that playoff game?

22. 1 COOL GUY 13x world Chmp

Ratings:
    +4
    Like i said the players lost 2009 game, also i acknowledge the players fumbled/dropped pass too much. If u look regular season ask fans who attend we looked well coached. I watch our games live and am perplexed at how we look on the field under Norv =(.

I'm saying between the 2 on my list Marty wins 2:1. Of course I would do better than both but u guys don't know me or my history. We need to get a coach who does whats on my list.

I compete professionally and u get used to your teammates panicking or the fans. This is #1 in sports u have to be able to absorb and explain that we will be ok and we have a plan. I don't see any plan of Norv's. Were in year 4 and we are 2-4? My teams by now we would be 6-0 and would look ever greater in the playoff's. I can say this because i have 12 years of evidence in pro gaming #1. U have a plan and u build on it. What are we building with Norv honestly? Are we just going to play jump ball offense with trick plays to our RB's? Blitz to cover our flaws? Never score a must have TD because our QB doesn't have proper footwork and takes too deep of a drop and we have no time at the los to audible a play to prevent sacks?

Honestly a huge tip to why my teams played even better in finals was my ability to calm my teammates down and make them laugh even in between rounds. It's so important to get your best players to play great by loosening them up. This has been Norv's & Marty's biggest HC flaws in my view.

*hugs* to my video gaming fans. When your teammates and fans know u have a winning game plan players/fans won't panic*

23. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,223
    I can feel the love in this thread... Really I can...

24. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Very true. I don't want either

25. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    lulz @ the professional gamer who thinks Madden = Real Life.

26. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,976
    I could careless who you think you are. This is the internet, and your BS lines do not fly with me at all. Why dont you go and try to impress someone on twitter or whatever your homepage thingy is.

27. 1 COOL GUY 13x world Chmp

Ratings:
    +4
    To win playoff games u must have a winning plan. I havn't even noticed a plan yet from Norv.

28. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,919
    Yet he's still managed to win playoff games, which Marty never did.

29. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,976
    he has his autograph on an 8X10 Glossy picture and it Says

"To Stan you da man Luv Johnny Madden" And the "Luv" portion is actually a little heart picture with a smilley face inside it

30. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +57
    Cos AJ is a ****!