1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Marty Press Conf Link

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Kwak, Oct 2, 2006.

1. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +674
  2. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +674
    Opps. My bad.

3. Jairock5

Jairock5 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +4
    Spare me the excuses, the bastard wont admit he shut down Rivers and the offense in the second half. Its the same ole' **** over and over again.:tdown:

4. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    I can't bare to listen to it. I'll just read what others say.

I think all were asking of marty is to just think this out. Try not to be too stubborn. To just check out if the ravens game could have been called better. BAsically learn from the raven loss so you don't make the same mistake the next game.

5. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,879
    I don't know how to defend Marty with this hail storm that has arisen from a loss that should have been a win. I do know that I was plenty pizzed at the play calling starting in the 3rd Qtr. Being some 2764.63 miles away from Dago it's hard to get the hard fact's. I do know that two count them, two missed field goals cost us this game. So to just out and out want to lynch Marty is foolish, Kaeding has to share some of the blame along with Binn. I do agree that the passing game was throttled in the second half, no doubt about that, Rivers isn't going to learn if he can't throw the damn ball. My question is " did Marty order the run game or did Cam play it close to the vest" until that is a known fact, we can't just point a finger and hang blame.:bolt: :icon_toast:

6. Critter

Critter BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +23
    According to posters on Chargers.com who listened to the PC live said Marty admitted that he instructed Cam to keep the ball on the ground.

Marty also stated he didn't think he was conservative in the second half.

Go figure.:icon_wtf:

7. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,845
    Got a link to the conference?

8. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +674
    But..but..but..but..Marty doesn't tell Cam what to do......

Marty wasn't conservative? I have to second that Citter.

:icon_wtf: :icon_wtf:

9. Critter

Critter BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +23
    Joelbolt had a live link that people listened to.

I am not sure if they achived it yet on Chargers.com

10. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I am not so sure this is the case as it is a cop out excuse everyone seems to hide behind.

The team was moving the ball on the ground and should have continued to ram it down their throats - why not ?

The back to back false starts on Olivea and Dielman killed what would have proven to be a genius game plan otherwise.

The Ravens managed 45 yards at halftime and their fans were booing. They were reeling - granted we mixed it up but we adjusted to the run game later. So what?

The penalties were just as costly and no one seems to point out this fact but would rather run around like the headless horsemen pulling their puds looking to shoot their wads on Marty exclusively or Cam.

11. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,727
  12. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Al Saunders, Mike Riley etc sucked.

Marty is a Raider killer !!!

13. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    And , mistakes will happen. Its a given. So you have to have a cushion to protect even that. Until the game is sign sealed and delivered you try and score and keep playing with a balanced attack to keep the opposing team off guard..