1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Marty still sucks

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Shamrock, Oct 1, 2007.

1. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    All you revisionist Marty lovers need to remember that his *** puckered so tight that he burped his sphincter.

Even Canepa thinks y'all are nucking futs.

Now .... get rid of those stupid Marty avatars. :bolt:

BTW: Norv sucks too. :lol:

2. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Nick Canepa's stupid for not knowing WHY Marty didn't try for a FG on that 4th and 11.

It was because Kaeding told him he wasn't confident he could make it, with the weather and swirling winds being such.

So, it was either punt and risk a net 10 yard punt with a touchback, or go for it.

3. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    I love losing with Morty at least it's fun. This team is just boring there is no entertainment value.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Discussion I had with my wife after the embarassment Sunday:

This team feeds off it's coach. Last year, regular season, they finally got what Marty was trying to teach them, how to finish. And once they did, they exploded. Marty was confident and in command and it showed on the field all season long.

Then the playoffs come. Marty's postseason record gets mentioned once, and the collective team butthole begins to tighten. Then the arrogance shows it's face. And the mistakes come. And keep coming. Before we know it, we **** the bed. Marty is a loser and so is the team.

Now the same thing is going on with the Norv Chargers. Norv is confused and unsure and guess what we see on the field?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Marty can blow me.

6. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    Yeah, I find it hilarious how many people hated Marty and wanted his *** fired after the Jets game, and again after the Patriots game. Now, suddenly, the guy is God.

Nothing like consistency.

7. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    A friendly reminder of the way I feel:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Agreed. Didn't like Marty then, don't care for him now. Enough of this bring back Marty or we shouldn't have got rid of Marty crap. I'm done with it.

9. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    Bring Marty back. :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl:

So you can have your fukin heart ripped out of your chest in Jan again?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Exactly.

11. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    No thanks to Marty. :no:

There were plenty of quality head coaching candidates available, IMO.

Rex Ryan, Ron Rivera, Mike Singletary, and I think Jim Mora Jr has a lot to offer, he's been unecessarily downgraded because of one comment on a radio show.

We'd be 3-1 right now if we'd gone with any of those guys.

12. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Well point your finger away from me.
    I'm waaaaaaayyy too smart for that!!

Yes, I was furious after the Patsies game and said things like "He's cursed. He's got to go." Though I knew if we fired him, it would be strictly out of emotion and that's ALWAYS the wrong decision!!!

After Marty turned down the one year extension offer, I agreed that he would have to go but NOT YET!!! I said "let him finish out his contract and then see who is available in 2008!!"

Those who wanted Marty fired need to STFU and enjoy the season.
    I didn't want this so I reserve the right to be pizzed!!!!

13. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I would agree but isn't that all about AJ? :icon_shrug:

14. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    My personal choice was Rex Ryan, but nobody asked me.

And to be clear, though I tried to keep my glass half full with Norv, I never wanted him as our coach. After he was hired, I bought in to the continuity angle and hoped for the best. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like we are headed in that direction.

15. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Same here. Either Ryan or Singletary. My absolute last choices were Turner & Cottrell, so who do we get?

I'm holding onto hope, but have a feeling that this will be remmebered as the year of the "failed experiment". :tdown:

16. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Marty is a POS. NO THANKS.

Deano dropped the ball on this POS staff we have in place now by not letting AJ fire Marty last year. We would have had Wade, contunuity would have remained in tact, and most importantly, we wouldn't be stuck with the biggest ***** in the armour named Ted Cottrell.

• Like Like x 1
  17. zatoichi

zatoichi BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +8
    Just don't bring in Carroll. Living here in NY, I know what a disaster that guy is--nobody had confidence in him, not the players, not the fans. Carroll is too emotional to be a good game coach. If the Chargers are serious about the Superbowl, Carroll isn't the one. While Carroll might be an upgrade over Turner, not that that says much, you'll lose a really good talent guy (AJ) in the process as Carroll wants complete control.

There are better choices out there. And, I agree: we can't bring Marty back. He's a really good Monday-Saturday coach, but a crummy game coach. Norv, sadly, is neither.

18. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    I really enjoyed the fact that Marty's passion matched our passion as fans. I didn't enjoy the fact that his choking in the playoffs transferred to our team.

• Like Like x 1
  19. OverVolt

OverVolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    Right...and "the old ball coach" was going to be a great one too.
    Maybe Mora jr, but the rest...unproven and could be just as bad in a HC role as Turner is. why take the chance? Then again, it couldn't get much worse, perhaps it's time to experiment.
    I'd much rather have me heart ripped out in the playoffs than realize the season is over five or six games into it...then again, I suppose there are those who like to know the team has no playoff shot as early as possible.
    I suppose it's hard to get over that losing attitude. We've been losers so long, why create a culture of winning?

20. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    A moderately competent coach would have us at 3-1, that's all I'm saying.

21. msmith

msmith BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +12
    Wasn't it in the begining of the season a slogan going around saying "even a caveman can bring the Chargers a Superbowl this year"?

I guess Turner is below a caveman then.:icon_rofl:

22. OverVolt

OverVolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    I think a moderately compentent coach has us at 2-2...it would have taken a coach as good as Marty was to beat GB....average doesn't get us past Green Bay.