1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Marty 'unofficially' retained by the San Diego Chargers as HC

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Jan 17, 2007.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,847
    :helm1: Bulldog on 1090 just mentioned that word comming out of Charger camp is that Marty has been retained. No word on if he has been offered a contract extension after the 14-2 season.:helm1:

This is unofficial so dont run out and burn your Charger gear then hang yourself just yet. Ummmmkay?

2. saintfan

saintfan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    I believe this was the right thing to do. Changing the coach would only throw off what yall have going on there. You'll be in it again next year..don't even doubt it for a second.

• Like Like x 1
  3. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    just as long as he doesn't step on the field during next years playoffs.... :icon_rofl:

4. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,847
    Just sacrifice some chickens, drink their blood, outline the Q in chalk and burn some herb to scare off the evil spirits that are makin ya afeared.:lol:

5. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
  6. RMANCIL

RMANCIL Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223
    I hope it is true , I also hope we can keep most of the coach's , this club is the best in football right now we will get the ring next year. :yes: :yes: :yes:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mid-west Chargers fan

Mid-west Chargers fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +16
    I wonder if Spanos is going to handle the MS decision just like the Giants handled the Tom Coughlin situation: a one year extension (basically saying: "in fairness to what you just accomplished (14-2) with a first year starter, you have one more year to make it work). That gives MS one last opportunity to "get r' done" without making him a lame duck coach. Just my 2 cents.

8. BlueandGold

BlueandGold The Oracle

Ratings:
    +219
    It's probably for the best... but he's got huge expectations heaped on him for next year, that's for sure.

It would be a tall order to survive another loss like this one.

9. Daddy_O

Daddy_O Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +300
    For those of us who have been through this season, after season, after season,.............It can't get any worse. Now I know the perfect Chargers team can loose just like all those before.

They are still my Chargers....and next year...we're going to the Suberbowl!:abq2:

10. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    Anything else would be a mistake .. Tell me who else is out there? I've heard a lot of opinions but nobody who just gets me excited.

11. RMANCIL

Ratings:
    +223

Who do you replace him with ?

12. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,727
    So I guess I'll be bring a live goat to every tailgate next season for us to sacrafice to the football gods. :rolleyes:

If Marty is retained, I GUARANTEE we get bounced again next year and here we'll all be again crying about another team dancing on our logo.

13. Mid-west Chargers fan

Mid-west Chargers fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +16
    Don't you see, this is their rant: Fire Marty. They can't give you a viable alternative to replace him because there isn't one out there. :icon_shrug:

At least not one who could take this team any farther next year while trying to put their system in place. :icon_eek:

14. BlueandGold

BlueandGold The Oracle

Ratings:
    +219
    Just keep repeating to yourselves:

In AJ I trust... In AJ I trust.... In AJ I trust... :D

15. RMANCIL

Ratings:
    +223
    You want to fire the coach but you don't have any idea as to who to replace him with?

Just that change is good?

This just in " change isn't always good " , see Kevin Gilbrite , Dan Henning , EXT......

16. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,727
    You could promote Cam and try to grab someone like Kirk Ferentz as OC. Jim Mora Jr. is available. I think he got a raw deal and was scapegoated for his commentw about the college job and for getting stuck with that turd VICK.

Norm Chow is my pick because he would destroy the leauge with our weapons on offense. He is DYING to be a HC. I totally believe the dude must be a horrible interview or he'd be HC already. He's definately an offensive genius who knows exactly what to do with the talent he has on his squad, and we've got the best assembly of talent in the league.

With Marty, you know exactly what you get. A very well prepared team for 17 weeks, then 1 and DONE.

17. RMANCIL

Ratings:
    +223
    Is Sean Payton or Eric Mangini available?

Lets cut Jackson and Parker and get Chad Johnson and Marvin Harrison ! :tup: :tup:

18. RMANCIL

Ratings:
    +223
    A tip of the cap to you , at least you have some type of a solution if you fired Marty. So you think Camron would be able to talk with Parker and get him to not fumble anymore?

Jim Mora Jr and his west coast offense so we can change the offense that was number 1# in the N.F.L.

Norm Chow is a guy who is a good QB coach how would he change the offense ? His past teams always featured WR never TE very much .

Kirk Ferentz how would he fit here?

19. Currimos

Currimos BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    Shoot give me a chance. Bill's got nothing on this. I will lead this team to the super bowl, and I only need 1 million.

20. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    I agree, I mean WTF, half the Pro Bowl is Chargers and Marty STILL chokes?

With the added expectations next year, I just see the collar getting tighter around his neck. I can't believe we kept him. :no:

21. RMANCIL

Ratings:
    +223
    Great lets get him , what is his name?

22. P88F

P88F BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99
    IF WE KEEP MARTY TODAY WILL BE MY LAST DAY AS A CHARGER FAN!!! CHARGERQUEEN AND I ARE GOING TO MARCH AT CHARGER PARK TODAY TO FIRE MARTY

23. RMANCIL

Ratings:
    +223

I am sure their are more great coaches to be found , but we are not talking the next ten years we need a coach and a staff next year.
    We have great talent that fits the offense and the defense we are running now.

We don't need to change offenses , or defenses to win . We need players that don't choke in the spot lite. How the coach will effect that I am not sure.

I do believe that the players can and often do over come that issue by playing in big games and learning from the experience. Then perhaps Florence won't head butt another player and Jackson will make a couple more plays and we will win with out starting over.

24. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,057
    But if he is still the coach, and we lose, would that be 7 straight losses?

Then again, if they do not charge for playoff tickets and we go in for free, because I am getting tired of throwing MY $$$$$$ to watch his sorry *** lose.

25. bolt fan so cal

bolt fan so cal BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    You have to resign Marty. Too many good reasons. No really compelling reason not too.