1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Marvin Harrison would be an ideal third wide receiver for the Chargers

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by boltmanbz, Feb 24, 2009.

1. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcwest/0-3-1616/Harrison-would-fit-everywhere-in-the-AFC-West.html
    San Diego

Role: No. 3 receiver.

Why: This could be a fantastic role for Harrison. He'd fit well in with starters Vincent Jackson and Chris Chambers. At this point of his career, Harrison would thrive in this system. The Chargers would be very difficult to stop with Harrison in the mix and he wouldn't have too much pressure on him.

Chances: If Harrison is happy with being a third receiver, this could be a perfect spot. He'd likely be intrigued about joining the team that ended the Colts postseason in the past two years.

2. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
  3. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    We don't exactly need another reciever, we havn't even re-signed Jackson yet.

We barely have enough money to pay LT as it is, you think AJ will sign a 36yr old WR?

4. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +345
    What the hell, he asked to be released because the colts were not going to pay him enough, I doubt he'd come here for pennies on the dollar. Besides, I think we are OK at receiver, we need O & D line, amoung other positions!

• Like Like x 1
  5. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Ultimate luxury which would make the passing game unstoppable but yeah we have more pressing needs

6. chargerlipz

chargerlipz Leading the league in nose hairs.

Ratings:
    +151
    Yep, I wouldn't want him on the team just because of that article. He seems like a big *******.

• Like Like x 1
  7. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    MONEY MONEY MONEY

Harrison will demand big money. You don't pay big money to your 3rd WR. If we have both 43 and 21 on the team this year (with or without a new contract for 21), we will have at least 10% of our 09 cap money going to two RB's. Then you throw in another 4-5% on a 3rd WR.

• Like Like x 1
  8. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Holy ****. What a ****ing *******! :tdown:

• Like Like x 1
  9. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Peyton Manning is scared shiitless of him. [​IMG]

10. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +683
    Fuk that. His agent is Condon and will be asking for the fuking moon.

Besides, he is getting old and was basically the 3rd option in the Colts D.

11. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Wow, I never knew that about MH. I thought dude was the NFL's boyscout. Man, he has a serious mean street back in Philly. I tell you those quiet ones are the ones you gotta look out for. I still respect him for his on the field professionalism. But man, dude aint playin when he gets back to the hood!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    he's going to Philly to play ball with McNabb and be near home, take it to the bank - McNabb says he won't sign his extension without commitment from the FO that they will put more pieces in place to be competitive and take some of the burden off of his and westbrook's shoulders. Harrison and McNabb are buddies since back in college. Coincidence? I think not.

13. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +373
    OK...let me see if I understand this...someboby thinks it would be a good idea throw a wheelbarrow full of money at a over priced wide receiver who is just this side of over the hill in football terms when we have several pressing needs at other positions and we already have Gates, VJ, Chambers, Floyd and Naanee on the team.

I'll take "No way in Hell" for 500 please!
    :icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

14. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    word... :icon_toast: :yes: :tup:

15. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +683
    Condon is banking on someone will think the 2004-6 version of Harrison will appear.

Not gonna happen.

16. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    That's a great call, Syd.