1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Mathews is the unquestioned king of the 2010 fantasy rookies

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Apr 27, 2010.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Feb 7, 2006
    By Michael Fabiano | NFL.com
    Fantasy Editor

The 2010 NFL Draft is in the books, so we now have a number of brand-new potential fantasy impact makers to consider on draft day. Not surprisingly, many of those players are running backs. If we've learned anything from the past, it's that rookie runners have the best chance to make an immediate impact. Of course, there are a few first-year quarterbacks and wide receivers to consider in larger leagues. So without further ado, here's our look at the top 10 fantasy rookies that you should target this summer.

1. Ryan Mathews, RB, Chargers

Mathews will be the unquestioned No. 1 rookie in fantasy football this season. I expect him to see 250-plus carries for coach Norv Turner, whose offenses have produced huge fantasy seasons from Ricky Williams, Frank Gore and LaMont Jordan in the past. He'll go as high as the late second round in larger seasonal leagues and is a surefire No. 2 fantasy back across the board. He'll also be the first pick in all dynasty leagues.

2. LightEmUp

LightEmUp Banned Banned

Apr 9, 2010
    expectations are mounting.
  3. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2007
    Don't worry I will not be drafting a rookie in any of my fantasy leagues.