1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Matt Flynn, welcome to the AFC West

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Joy Division, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings:
    +498
  2. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,696
    If they cut Palmer, and ARZ signs him...that's bad news for our draft. We're counting on their QB need to override their LT need.

3. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +633
    I don't know man, Arizona is a real toss up.

Since Adrian Wilson left, I believe Kenny Vaccaro is a real possibility now, and I hope.

It really matters how they feel about Levi Brown. And I read some reports that fans should expect Levi Brown to be the starting LOT, especially since he's under contract for 4 more seasons.

I think they will go OG, FS/SS, or QB in that order. I just can't see an OT being taken by the Cardinals.

I hope it looks like this,

1. KC - Luke Joeckel OT
    2. JAX - Dion Jordan LB
    3. OAK - Shariff Floyd DT
    4. PHI - Star Lotulelei DT
    5. DET - Ezekiel Ansah DE
    6. CLE - Dee Milliner CB
    7. ARI - Kenny Vaccaro FS
    8. BUF - Geno Smith QB
    9. NYJ - Cordarrelle Patterson WR
    10. TENN - Jonathan Cooper OG/C

Would be awesome if Eric Fisher fell to us. I'm still holding onto to it being a possibility.

4. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,452
    Palmer wants to play for a contender..... that's why he wouldn't take a paycut from the Raiders. He wanted to be let go.

What about the Cardinals, do you think would be attractive to a guy who wants to win a championship before he retires?

5. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +633
    Well, to be fair, the only thing missing in Arizona was a QB. They could be a far better team in 2013 with a QB like Palmer hooking up with Larry Fitzgerald and Michael Floyd.

6. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,696
    Hahaha and what "contenders" can you think of that are in desperate need of a QB? Isnt that by definition an oxymoron? Much less a QB who's best years are behind him?

This is more of a beggars can't be choosers type situation. It'll be the Cards, Jaguars, Jets, Browns, or maybe the Vikings if they're ready to throw out Ponder already.

7. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,452
    Carson said he'd be willing to take a backup roll on a true contender. Palmer wants to wash off the stink of the Raiders losing seasons. He knows his chance to be on a championship team before he retires is now, or never.

8. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,452
    Really?...... the Cardinals looked like they had more work to do to that roster besides getting a decent QB.

9. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +633
    Well they had problems obviously with the offensive line, which will effect the QB. There getting Levi Brown back, and they drafted 3 guys who can play OG as well, and did get time in 2012, so they can possibly pan out.

There OL play is very similar to ours. Once their OL play picks up, so will their QB and RB play.

10. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,452
    In other words....... don't expect too much of them this year either. ;)

It doesn't help that they're in the same division as the two most talented teams in the NFL.

11. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +633
    True, but I don't think every NFL front office's plan is to suck every year. They don't say, "Well, Carson Palmer can't be here because we're not a contender." I think every NFL front offices mindset is "anything can happen," plus, where does Carson Palmer think he's going to go? I just don't see a contender being highly interested in signing him.

Cardinals, is probably his best option. I could see the Browns jumping in on him too.

He may be interested in joining the 49ers, but that doesn't mean the 49ers or a contender is interested in him.

12. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,452
    Perhaps, but what are the 49ers or the Seahawks backup plan if their starter gets injured?

They both traded away their #2 guy. Wouldn't an experienced NFL QB be of some value to them?

13. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +633
    Then you have to look into the scheme of things. I don't know if Palmer can run the 49ers' offense. I'm sure, since Alex Smith has departed, 49ers will add more creativity to their offense that fits Kaepernick's style, rather than a guy like Palmer.

Seahawks, thats a possibility. Pete Carroll and Carson Palmer know each other well going back to their USC days.

14. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,452
    Well, the 49ers had to adjust their offense to go from Smith to Kaepernick, surely they could switch back if need be. But I agree, the Seahawks would be a more likely possibility.