1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Matt Wilhelm on the New England Patriots:

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Aug 28, 2008.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    The best offensive team I face is the New England Patriots, and the best player I face is Tom Brady. It is a combination deal. The two are so good for each other. The Patriots are the perfect team for Brady and Brady is the perfect quarterback for the Patriots. They have such a great system and he fits it so well.
    What makes them so difficult to face is that the Patriots are always a mystery. You never know what they are going to throw at you, they can do so much. Every facet of the offense, New England and Brady are good at.
    You can prepare for something all you want but it's never easy. It is a great challenge to play New England and Brady. You can prepare all week long and you still go to game day not knowing for sure what offense you will face. Every other team we prepare for, we know what offense we will face.
    But not New England. You don't know until they start doing it, and hopefully you are prepared for it. It's so hard to play against Brady and New England because they are so effective at what they do. That's why he's the hardest quarterback to play and they are the hardest team to play

ESPN.com

2. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +80
    What did he have to say about Matt Cassel?:no:

3. maestro876

maestro876 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +63
    I'm glad to see our guys respecting other teams. It's good not to trash talk. Plus it's less embarrassing. I remember last year our guys were trash talking the Pats, right before they annihilated us on national television.

4. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715

Fixed it for ya Matt!:tup::icon_twisted:

5. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Thanks...thats much better... :abq2:

6. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    We have to beat these guys sooner or later to get the Lombardi. Respecting them going into the game is the proper attitude to take in getting ready for the game. Except for the Raiduhs, never wanted to beat ANYONE this bad-excpept maybe the Yankees.

7. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    I like the respect but it gets to a level where it's called sucking up. I'd rather our players not make comments about that tainted orginization positive or negative just let them cheat and when it gets time to face them...leave no survivors

8. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    I guess you've never heard of "killing them with kindness". Let them think we are afraid of the big bad patriots. LEt them relax a little.

Then crush their nuts in a vice.

9. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    helps to have the other teams playbook on tape so you can undermine anything the opposing team does.

I'm really hoping the nfl has crushed all those illegal tapings of oppposing teams so the pats can't cheat as bad as they have.. NOw if the nfl will just get tough and take out the wires from the opposing teams locker rooms and hotels. The pats stadium is bugged to the hilt. Wish something could be done with that.

10. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    You must remember Goodell and Robert Kraft go golfing together.

11. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    Fixed it for you. :icon_rofl:

12. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +80
    SERIOUSLY....listen to yourselves......I know "fan" stands for fanatic but this is silly.

13. Aggieman

Ratings:
    +194
    Troll Alert!! Troll Alert!! I HATE Boston.

• Like Like x 1
  14. montanabolthead

montanabolthead BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +30

Thank you! Don't trash talk, don't suck-up to them. Just stay quiet, go out and kick their @#$%& up one end of the field and down to the other and call it a day.

15. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    Do you know apparently sometime in the next 15-50 years, if temperatures keep increasing at an exponential rate as they have been, the city of Boston will be underwater. Yep, global warming sucks......maybe not so much:D:icon_finger:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Aggieman

Ratings:
    +194
    Yes...and manbearpig will eat Tom Brady and Belicheat. I'm super serial. EXCELSCIOR!

17. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Careful. B4L and the fan police are gonna show up soon and arrest you for disparaging remarks about fellow fans.

:icon_rofl:

18. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Can I? Pleeeeease? :icon_tease:

19. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,746
    No. You're not allowed in B4L's club. You're far to intelligent. You must be a closedminded drone to apply.

20. Aggieman

Ratings:
    +194
    Beerguy's a Pats fan!

21. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Doesn't matter.

B4L Super Elite Fan Police do not discriminate. Fans are not allowed to criticise other fans under section 113, rule 45 of the basic code of Internets Forums conduct.

22. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    i dont see where you get off, you guys dont respect anyone and yet you guys blew the biggest game in your franchise history. you would think that blowing the game would bring some humbleness to you guys, but it didnt. you guys will go 10-6, 11-5 at most.

and hope you guys have gills, being underwater in about 15 years would suck if you dont have gills.

:icon_finger:

• Like Like x 1
  23. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Patriots added Bengals old CB castoff Deltha O'Neal

their secondary is going to suck so badly this year it'll be hilarious

24. 31-last2years-4

31-last2years-4 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    should have build a new stadium before they put any rules in place... like we did. :hilarious:

25. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +80
    Okay, so this all started because I was poking fun at my back up quarterback because he sucks and we'd be doomed if Brady didn't play. I don't know about the West Coast, but here on the East Coast that constitutes a degree of humbleness.

Secondly, I have to apologize for not curling up in the fetal position over last years Superbowl loss? Maybe we're just a little tougher on my side of the country because we have to deal with falling leaves and, god forbid, snow. C'mon, it was a big loss but we were outplayed. There isn't anything I can do about it. Being a true fan I'll just internalize the pain and hope they can carry me to the promised land this year. Honestly, it was good for my 8 year old son to feel a little "sports pain" in his life because he's been spoiled, and I can't stand spoiled kids. When I was growing up coming in second, or worse, was part of our identity, yet we would always rally around our teams.

As for not respecting anyone else.....if I think my team can beat your team.....that's what sports and being a fan is all about. Not respecting someone is useless name calling and other childish behavior. I'm by no means saying that SD or any of your players are worse than the Pats or any of our players. I'm just saying that I think we can beat you.

If we don't have Tom Brady we're going to have a hard time beating an arena football team.

26. bigmike.x.09

Ratings:
    +280
    if thats what you were getting at then ill admit i was mistaken. as for you guys being able to beat us, i dont think you guys will sweep the JETS this year to be honest, how the hell are you gunna stop the chargers?

dont even trip tho dude, the pats are the most classless team in the league, below even the raiders and theyre fanbase is just as bad. who boos their own player (seau) after he wants to thank the chargers franchise for his first years in the league? f you dont know what im talking about, watch the ceremony after the pats beat the chargers in the afc championship game.

27. pure-sol

pure-sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +255
    The team is classless because they reflect the fans and the city. Screw Boston, screw New England. Screw clam chowder, boston creme pie, tea because they had a stupid party there for it (sarcasm for the smart guys), the Celtics and their stupid accents. Go get in your CAAAHHH and go away.

I have no respect for anything that comes out of there.
    :icon_finger:

28. bigmike.x.09

Ratings:
    +280
    i like the chowder and celtics. the only two good things that come outta there. the celtics have class, its too bad that the pats dont follow.

29. Aggieman

Ratings:
    +194
    Tonight I hope, no PRAY, that Tom Brady, Randy Moss, and Bill Belicheck hit the Celtics bus, forcing it to crash into the Red Sox bus; all three burst into flames and there are no survivors. Yeah, it's kind of an unhealthy hatred of Boston. Though, it shames me to say it but I love the Dropkicks...I know I should be executed.

30. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    it's in poor tatstes to pray for bus crashes.

and Dropkick Murphys are good, but theyr'e no Flogging Molly!:icon_toast:who are from So Cal