1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Matt Wilhelm

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by P88F, Nov 15, 2006.

1. P88F

P88F BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99
    This guy is the ****, why isnt he getting more time? He supposively knows the game of football like no other. This dude is a GAMER big time, and can takle! He is a big time improvement over Donnie!

2. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,880
    he's probably going to get a ton of free agent interest but yeah I think he's the best of the three young backups

3. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    I like Wilhelm. He seems like a really balanced, complete player both mentally and physically. He's not a bruiser but he's physical, and he's not a speed-burner but he can move. He's also flashed some good hands for a linebacker.

I really want Matt to be our starter in the future. I think he's the kind of guy we could regret losing.

4. P88F

P88F BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99

Chargers wont regret losing him if they dont play him! they need to give the guy playing time

5. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,880
    Four Words
    Donnie Edwards
    Randal Godfrey

Your not just going to strip those guys of their starting jobs when they've been doing hteir jobs. Everyone has known that Cooper and Wilhelm (and now Dobbins too I guess) have been waiting for the time, upcoming, that Edwards and Godfrey move on (which is next year). So relax we will play them if they're still here

6. P88F

P88F BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99
    no way, Wihlhem was Franchised tag for 1 year isnt he a free agent next year?

7. benjamink15

benjamink15 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    HE WAS FRANCHISED? :icon_huh:

8. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,880
    he was a restricted free agent, no he wasn't franchised

9. P88F

P88F BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99

oh ya same difference haah jk so that would make it his last year wouldnt it?

10. Rule12b

Rule12b Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +116
    I thought they put him under a new contract in the offseason but I could be wrong.:icon_shrug:

11. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,880
    Stephen Cooper signed the new deal

12. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    Well, maybe if we lose some more starters to suspension and gunshot wounds we will see more of him...:(

no.

I like him but don't think he's going to take anything over this season. Like Anteater was saying, those dudes are going to be moving out and the FO should be smart enough to see this.

13. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    Eh he never really impressed me. Reminds me of Ben Leber.

14. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820
    You just got something against white linebackers. :lol:

15. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    http://www.chargers.com/news/press-releases/press-1141372800.php

The San Diego Chargers have tendered contract offers to restricted free agents Stephen Cooper, Kris Dielman and Matt Wilhelm.

As restricted free agents, the players are free to negotiate with other teams before signing a contract with the Chargers. If a player receives an offer from another team, the Chargers have the right to match that offer. If the player signs with another team, the Bolts will receive a draft pick from that team as compensation. In Cooper and Dielman’s case, the Bolts would receive a first-round pick and in Wilhelm’s case, they would receive a fourth-round pick.

16. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    More info....

Section 2. Restricted Free Agents:

(a) Any Veteran player with three or more Accrued Seasons, but less than five Accrued Seasons (or less than four Accrued Seasons in any Capped Year), shall, at the expiration of his last Player Contract during such period, become a Restricted Free Agent. Any such player shall be completely free to negotiate and sign a Player Contract with any Club, and any Club shall be completely free to negotiate and sign a Player Contract with any such player, subject to the restrictions set forth in this Article.

(b) In order to receive the following specified Rights of First Refusal and/or Draft Choice Compensation with respect to a Restricted Free Agent, the Prior Club of a Restricted Free Agent must tender the player a Qualifying

Page 59

Offer on or before the first date of the Restricted Free Agent Signing Period, as follows:

(i) For Restricted Free Agents with three Accrued Seasons:

(1) Right of First Refusal: one year Player Contract with Paragraph 5 Salary of at least $275,000;

(2) Right of First Refusal and Draft Selection at Player’s Original Draft Round: one year Player Contract with a Paragraph 5 Salary of at least (a) $275,000, or (b) 110% of the player’s prior year’s Paragraph 5 Salary, whichever is greater; in addition, if option (b) applies, all other terms of the player’s prior year contract are carried forward unchanged (this subsection is subject to the rules of subsection (c) below);

(3) Right of First Refusal and One First Round Draft Selection: one year Player Contract with a Paragraph 5 Salary of at least (a) $600,000, or (b) 110% of the player’s prior year’s Paragraph 5 Salary, whichever is greater; in addition, if option (b) applies, all other terms of the player’s prior year contract are carried forward unchanged;

(4) Right of First Refusal, One First Round Draft Selection, and One Third Round Draft Selection: one year Player Contract with a Paragraph 5 Salary of at least (a) $800,000, or (b) 110% of the player’s prior year’s Paragraph 5 Salary, whichever is greater; in addition, if option (b) applies, all other terms of the player’s prior year contract are carried forward unchanged;

Link for full...http://www.nflpa.org/CBA/CBA_Complete.aspx#art19

17. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    wilhelm=college champion, great college lb, no way in hell you bench donnie for him. no place in the immidiate starting lineup for matt.