1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

May Be Too Early For This But....

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by boltsnow, Nov 20, 2006.

1. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    I am feeling pretty good about our chances for home field advantage through out the playoffs. I know many here will say let's just take it one game at a time but I'll leave that up to the players/team. As a fan I can look ahead. Indy without a doubt looks very vulnerable and we just need to beat out the Ravens for wins since they have the head to head over us. I know six games is still a long way to go but when we get Merriman back he is going to be one hungry mutha looking to take immediate heat off of everyone else. I can't help but feel he is going to want to pick up the slack where some of our other players are hurt. But damn you have to be proud of this club and the way they are plug & play.:tup: :yes:

• Like Like x 1
  2. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,880
    well we've got two big hurdles to go through

1. Baltimore MUST have lost more games then we do (if we tie with them, they win because they beat us)
    2. Indy has got to lose another game (we'd beat them on tiebreakers)

• Like Like x 1
  3. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FireReich #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +852
    I think it's still a bit early. We've got some tough games with KC and Denver at home. Both those teams are still in the running for the AFC west crown. Let's see how we do, after the Denver game then hopefully we can talk Home field advantage throughout the playoffs.

4. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    Yeah and i think everyone has the same feeling about our chances at getting homefield advantage in the playoffs after Knocking off the Denver Broncos. When Merriman and Castillo back then our defense will be back to its original force and we shouldn't have teams score over 30 points on us

GO BOLTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    True, but Balt has a tougher schedule I believe. They still have 2 games against the Steelers, @ Cinci, @ KC.

Colts have tough games in....yes I'm going to say it, the Titans, Eagles (even without McNabb), Cincy & the Phins.

Call me a dreamer but we can do it!!!:icon_toast:

6. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    not worried about Indy myself...

but I hope Chicago beats NE this week... cuz NE doesn't play anyone the rest of the way..

and Balt still has Pitt, Cinci and KC to go...

just win out guys....

7. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Colts remaining games:

Nov 26 Philadelphia
    Dec 3 @Tennessee
    Dec 10 @Jacksonville
    Dec 18 Cincinnati
    Dec 24 @Houston
    Dec 31 Miami

Tough to find a loss there... Maybe Jacksonville, as they play them tough. Also, Cincy lost a heartbreaker to them last year, so that might be a nice spot for a revenge game.

I predict that they finish up 14-2.

Ravens remaining games:

Nov 26 Pittsburgh
    Nov 30 @Cincinnati
    Dec 10 @Kansas City
    Dec 17 Cleveland
    Dec 24 @Pittsburgh
    Dec 31 Buffalo

I definitely see at least one loss on this schedule. Aside from getting Cleveland and Buffalo at home, they could easily lose any of the other four. I predict they split with Pitt, and lose one of either @ Cincy or @ KC. They finish 12-4.

Now, the Chargers remaining games:

Nov 26 Oakland
    Dec 3 @Buffalo
    Dec 10 Denver
    Dec 17 Kansas City
    Dec 24 @Seattle
    Dec 31 Arizona

I don't see a loss. The toughest game is @ Seattle, the same Seattle that just lost to San Francisco. Granted, they were minus some key players, but this Seahawk Team is not the same team that played in the Super Bowl last year. I think that we finish up the season 14-2.

Since both of our losses will be against AFC Teams, we will enter January as the #2 seed unless Indy stumbles twice down the stretch.

8. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    I agree. Win out, control your destiny. I don't want to have to travel to NE in January. The only sure fire way to see that this doesn't happen is to win out.

9. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,880
    Colts remaining games:

Nov 26 Philadelphia - tough but win probably
    Dec 3 @Tennessee - win
    Dec 10 @Jacksonville - loss
    Dec 18 Cincinnati - loss (shootout)
    Dec 24 @Houston - win
    Dec 31 Miami - lose
    12-4

Ravens remaining games:

Nov 26 Pittsburgh - win
    Nov 30 @Cincinnati - win
    Dec 10 @Kansas City - loss
    Dec 17 Cleveland - win
    Dec 24 @Pittsburgh - loss
    Dec 31 Buffalo - win

12-4

Now, the Chargers remaining games:

Nov 26 Oakland - win
    Dec 3 @Buffalo - win!
    Dec 10 Denver - win
    Dec 17 Kansas City - win
    Dec 24 @Seattle - win (Seattle might be packing it in at this point)
    Dec 31 Arizona - play our irregulars and still win
    14-2

1. SD - i know denver and KC will be tough but I don't see them winning on our home turf. Denver doesn't win in major games here and KC's that's a payback game
    2. Indy
    3. Balt

10. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    It is too early, but we're in the running. I really want the bye week though, one way or the other.

11. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,516
    What tiebreaker would we beat Indy on?

The first tiebreaker among interdivision opponents who have not played is conference record. Both of our losses were to AFC teams. The Colts only loss is to an NFC team.

I would love home field but also wouldn't mind the second seed. I love our team speed on that fast track in Indy.

12. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    This is true. Even though home field would be nice....this would have to be the next choice.:yes: