1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Maybe next year, Chargers.

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by SuperCharger92, Nov 16, 2014.

1. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 Winners Win

Ratings:
    +942
    This team will be lucky to make the playoffs this year. It's sad because the way we started the year it raised so many expectations. Then we lost to 3 solid, playoff bound opponents.

The offensive line is terrible, Ken Whisenhunt's play calling is surprisingly missed, the defense is inconsistent and very average, and the coaching staff is stubborn to make changes on both sides of the ball.

Our wins have come against opponents with a combined record of 14-36. Read that last sentence to yourself one more time.

Well, I'll still have my faith in this team, but what I've seen from them the last 4 weeks, it doesn't look too good.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2014
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    Agree that this team is not ready to compete against the best teams in the league. Reich is still learning on the job and the O-line needs major help.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,555
    I have a hard time thinking Reich isn't the biggest problem. We telegraph run/pass just by the formation we're in, we make no attempt what so ever at hiding our intentions. It seems whenever David Johnson is in the game, you can take it to the bank that we're running behind him.

And unlike the LoNeal/LT days when we used to do the same thing, our O-line is not capable of pushing people around.

Also if I see another 3 yard drag on 3rd and 10 someone or something is fork stabbed!

4. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Bye. Hope you didn't sprain your ankle jumping off the bandwagon. Don't let the door hit you in the *** on the way out.

5. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,555
    Given we had 14 days to prepare for a home game against Oakland and only scored 13 points, I get where he's coming from. This was a win that felt like a loss.

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +942
    Thank you, a fan that is realistic and has a brain not blinded by bias.

7. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +942
    Can you come tape it up? ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Lancer 1

Lancer 1 Eternal Optimist

Ratings:
    +341
    We’re still in the hunt, but it’ll be a tough slog to get to the postseason for us. I think it’ll take at least 10 wins to make it, and 10 just may not do it if we lose another game or 2 to AFC teams.

If we beat the Rams next weekend, we’d be at 7 wins. Our remaining schedule is @ Baltimore, the Pats & Broncos both at home, @ San Fran and then @ KC.

It’s kinda hard to project 3 wins in that stretch, (especially the way our lines are playing) but anything is possible, and we usually play pretty good in December.

9. tito

tito BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +133
    You can't do much in this league with Oline play like we have. Sure, there are issues elsewhere, but the Oline once again is going to sink this ship.

10. Lancer 1

Ratings:
    +341
    I don’t know about you, but I’m all for bringing in Ritchie Incognito – he’s a former Pro Bowler and would probably be better than most linemen that we currently have.

Denying Denver the chance to sign him in a week or 2 would just be an added bonus! ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +942
    Main thing is, we'd have to win conference games. So losing to the Rams and 49ers wouldn't be too bad as long as we swept the remaining AFC teams. But those teams have a combined record of 27-12.. We'll see how these Chargers stack up.

12. powayslugger

powayslugger Feckless Slappy

Ratings:
    +276
    For most of the game I thought we hired Norv Turner back and HE WAS CALLING the plays. We were f@cking lucky to get a win today. I doubt the rest of the teams in the NFL will be so generous and inept as the Raiders were today.

13. Lancer 1

Ratings:
    +341
    I hate to do it, but I’ve gotta root for the Raiders to get their 1st win this Thursday – them beating KC would be pretty good for us.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,153
    I feel ya brother.

As the Chargers did not score a TD against the winless Raiders over the last 59+ minutes of the game,
    I kept smugly repeating to myself, "So glad we don't have Norv's stupid 25.75 average points against Oakland!!"
    Stupid Norv...trying to hide his play-calling ineptitude behind a wall of offensive points! Offensive, indeed!

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    That would be a full time job. One impressive win and you'd be back on the bandwagon only to jump off again at the first sign of disappointment.

16. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    The Chargers definitely need to overhaul the OL, last year appears to have been an aberration with Rhinehart and this rotating guard thing needs to stop. The good news is that the team has a keeper in Watt (and I think he's a starting Center next year), Dunlap is steady and effective and Fluker is suffering a bit of a slump due to injuries. The team can add two guards in the off-season without issue or, if they decide to move fluker, a right tackle and a left guard. Either way it doesn't require a tear down, just add pieces here and there.

The other positive is where I thought the Chargers DL really needed an overhaul I'm actually impressed with Carrethuers already, not to mention Ricardo Matthews. We might need to add another DE and a backup NT but I'm not as concerned as I once was.

17. Fossil

Fossil BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +389
    Thanks Mati. I was going to wait a day or two to savor the victory and say the same thing. More on this topic later.

18. Chargefwd

Chargefwd BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +78
    Well, I mentioned that after the Miami Blowout and it was not popular. Howver , I did a bit of reading on it. Looks like the NFL insiders made some calls to the Broncos and they decided not to sign him. I'm thinking after the Rams did what they did to the Donks, Archie is going to lobby for the signing to protect his boy.

19. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Lot of football left and anything can happen. These guys could go on a run and the whole story will be different. I just don't understand why RM disappears when just being on the field gives the opposing defense a viable concern to deal with.

20. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    We have a 100 Million Dollar quarterback and we protect him with a $2.50 Offensive line! Now they are saying Rivers is playing with a severe rib injury. We cant keep the same center for 4 straight games. We continue to take other peoples throw a ways and pray they will do the job for us. For all those who say we can build the Line through free agency, you are getting what you want! And my guess is no where!

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,417
    What if I told you the Chargers can still finish 12-4?

• Funny Funny x 1
  22. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,417
    What if I told you the Chargers are only 1 game out of 1st?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  23. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,417
    Hopefully he was just rusty and gets in gear post haste.

24. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  25. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +503
    I'm also looking forward to 2015, this group is going nowhere fast. Privately I'd love to know what Telesco thinks of McCoy now, esp his in game mgmt. If I am GM he has 6 games to prove he can do it if not I say move on from him.

26. Chargefwd

Chargefwd BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +78
    I think I said 11-5.. I'm gonna stick to it. Other teams are seeing the injury bug now while we have some key players returning...Indeed, anything can happen. but we have got to create some holes on Offense.

27. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +942
    What if I told you the Chargers can still finish 6-10? ;)

28. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +942
    Unfortunately, I was never on a bandwagon, sir.

However, coming off a bye week and having to sit around and think about the 37-0 spanking we took, we produced a performance like that against an 0-9 team that is ranked dead to near dead last in every team statistic, being at home and we squeak by with a 13-6 win? Really?

I expected us to come out and show anger and fight. I wasn't expecting a blowout but only scoring one TD is concerning.

Our OL is filled with a bunch of marshmallows who can't block and our coaching staff seems incompetent and stubborn to change things around. We finally realized how bad Donald Butler has been this year so we rotated other LB's in THANK GOD.

But Kendall Reyes is still out there more than I want to see. Chad Rinehart continually is helping Philip Rivers up off the grass in disappointment because he couldn't block a pee wee defensive lineman.

These adjustments are not rocket science. Clearly this coaching staff is too content with being average.

• Agree Agree x 1
  29. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +942
    By the way can we cut our loses with Rich Ohrenberger already? The guy hasn't even played a full game this year, ALWAYS INJURED.

30. ChargerMike

ChargerMike BoltBruthaFromAnuthMutha

Ratings:
    +481
    Watching Philip drag himself on hid knees like he just got his legs blown off on a battlefield was pretty disturbing to say the least....I'd better not see that again. :eek: :tdown:
    Luckily we didn't suck as much as the Gayders sucked.
    We've got frustrating problems all over the place.
    I think our only hope for a post-season at this point is., is if the Donks and the Queefs start imploding for some reason....otherwise I think we're screwed...maybe a freak wildcard spot......but, stranger things have happened. :unsure: