1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Mayweather v Hatton

Discussion in 'All Other Sports' started by nickelbolt, Dec 7, 2007.

1. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Watching the weigh in right now. The Brits are raising all kinds of hell in that place right now.

I hope Hatton finds a way to annihilate Mayweather.

Can't wait for this fight tomorrow night. This one will be worth every penny. :abq1:

2. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    I hope you're right. As great as he is Mayweather usually doesn't put on very entertaining fights. Hatton is going to be chasing him around all night and if the refs don't let him lean in and grab a little bit this could be a clinic.

3. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +434
    LOL! Not likely Mayweather probably will mop the floor with him like he does with everyone else they throw at him! Hatton will be coming at Mayweather relentlessly however Mayweather has far better handspeed and far better accuracy! Hatton will get tagged often leaning in to get close because of the hand speed difference! Mayweather wins by decision!

4. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    I must have explain my feelings poorly 'cause I agree with you 100%.

I was just tryin' to say that Hatton's only chance is to close the distance and turn it into a brawl. In order for that to happen the refs are gonna have to let him bump and grab and hold. If the refs keep pushing them apart I think Mayweather is going to destroy him.

And I'm not hating when I say he doesn't put on entertaining fights. Just that he doesn't press the action. He waits for guys to come to him and then just knocks 'em back. It's impressive, but seriously, how boring were the last several rounds of the De La Joya fight?

5. LT-Express

Ratings:
    +434
    Oh I agree that he is not as entertaining as most but watching him box is a thing of beauty! When you fight a guy like De La Hoya, and Arturo Gatti and connect at almost a 60% clip you have to appreciate that! Mayweather relies on his natural ability to outbox everyone, and his defense is sick! Plus he is probably the best defensive counterpuncher in boxing!

6. skawash

skawash BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +16
    Hatton's body attack will win him the fight. By round 7.
    Not by TKO, it will be because Floyd will get desperate
    and get dq'd to save face.

7. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    I hope that little fukker doesn't fight like a biitch. At the weigh in during the "face off" he was grabbing hatton by the waist and pulling him close. Teddy Atlas was saying he noticed this subtle move as a sign that Mayweather would control the fight. But he also noted that Mayweather would get into trouble if he lets his emotions get away from him. I'm hoping Hatton does something early on to get a little dirty and see what the ref will let him get away with. If Floyd sees that it's gonna be a rough one maybe he'll think he can slug with Ricky.

Also, it was mentioned earlier about Oscar and Arturo...
    Floyd beat up on DeLaHoya and Gatti when they were well past their prime. So I don't even consider those victories special or important.
    I'll take Hatton's KO of Kostya Tszyu as a measuring stick for what Floyd is about to experience. That fight was considered a huge upset when he knocked Tszyu out in the 11th. If Floyd doesn't attack early I think he's gonna be in big trouble, because Hatton's much faster and better conditioned than Floyd's camp is giving him credit for.

While Floyd was out Dancing with the Stars, Hatton was preparing himself for what could be one of the biggest upsets in Boxing. I'm picking Hatton partially because everyone else isn't... but also because I think he's got a viciousness that Floyd lacks.

8. LT-Express

Ratings:
    +434
    Well I probably wont hear you all saying that Mayweather cant bang or Mayweather wont be able to sustain punches from Ricky or Floyd's style is boring! Floyd just mopped the floor with Ricky Hatton fight was entertaining and Mayweather spanked his ***!

9. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Won't hear it from me. Floyd made me a fan with his display last night. Ricky got caught big time, but it was clear that he was on his way to losing the fight anways. You gotta admit you didn't expect Floyd to knock him out. Like I said, I'm now a Floyd fan. Just like that.

10. LT-Express

Ratings:
    +434

Well you are right I thought it would go 12 rounds but Floyd just was dominant all night and was nice to see him bang it out! According to compubox Hatton only landed a dismal 63 punches in 10 rounds! Floyd is by far the fastest and by far the most accurate, and has by far the most dominant defense in boxing! We might be witnessing one of the best ever!