1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

McCardell/Cameron scuffel?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by matilack, Jun 12, 2007.

1. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556

Its been rumored that the reason KMac didnt play in the playoff game was because he and Cam Cameron almost came to blows during practice, and LT had to break them apart. (As reported on 1090am)

Anyone know anything about this? :unsure:

• Like Like x 1
  2. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Kinghooker

Kinghooker BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    We missed his veteran ability in that playoff game. Betcha he would have made that catch in the border of the endzone that Vincent
    Jackson couldn't. Just like that TD he caught from DB vs. the Jets.I'm feeling good now about the new coach's and Norv. Just bring on the season! I can't wait!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I think it was pretty much a lynch mob scene.

McCardell and Cam Cameron had tensions it appears.

Could one surmise it was racial or maybe just ego driven ?

Marty in the meantime is trying to reincarnate Tamarick Vanover for one last behind the scenes "payoff" - you know... I get you on the roster and you kick me back some jack mo-fo.

You don't think this sly **** happens?

I do.

Fuc them all and A.J. sniffed it out and said "FU"....."FU all".

Props to A.J.

His piss cures cancer.

Believe it. :bolt: :helm1:

5. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Only Trumpy can incorporate the race card, a payola conspiracy, and a medical breakthrough .... in one choppy and disjointed post.

6. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680

:icon_rofl:

7. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    I am on the verge of a breakthrough. :abq2: :rockout: :nana_dance:

You guys actualy understood the post and I am on my 9th beer and medicated to the gills.

Effing TK can be a dick.

That is all.

8. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    T-Man = Lord Monkeybutt? :icon_shrug: :icon_huh:

9. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    No.

I miss Lord MonkeyButt.

I think it was EC or Compubolt? Not sure but it was not me.

Brilliant **** for only 40 posts or so.

Sorry...not me.

10. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    I miss him too. Good ****. :lol:

• Like Like x 1
  11. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    i think this is McCardell's BS way of defending how ineffective he was in our offense last year

• Like Like x 1
  12. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    I have to agree, since there isn't any evidence to show that McCardell hadn't started to fall off. I don't remember him making the same plays as he usually made early last season. You'd have to spend time in a film room to be sure, but, alas, I have a life.

:icon_toast:

13. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    He was doing fine til he hurt his calf.
    Cam cant be the dik in this? He is the one that called only 4 passes in the 2nd half of the Baltimore game. I can see a difference in philosophy too. Its called pull yur head out of yur ***!

• Like Like x 1
  14. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    part of it is simply he was aging quickly and as such wasn't as effective of a pure receiver as he was in the past. That's just life, ya know?

15. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820
    Even though Marty has said time and again that he turned the offense completely over to Cam, I'm fairly confident in thinking it was his idea to take the ball out of Philip's hands in the second halves against the Raiders and Ravens.

As far as the Cam being a dick part, I'm sure he was, in Keenan's eyes at least. Cam is the one that inserted VJ into McCardell's spot. It's apparent that McCardell still thinks he can play and I'm sure that didn't sit well with him.

You also need to remember that McCardell has burned a bridge with the last two organizations that he has parted company with.

16. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    We all would like to think that and we did, but Cam said it was HIS playcaling and HIS decisions to do what they did that day. I think he even said something to the effect that he simply fell in love with the idea of running the ball that day....even tho is didnt work at all in the 2nd half.

As for the burned bridges.......not true. Gruden told him he would reward him and redo his contract and he didnt do it. McCardell had Grudens word and he didnt come thru. How is that McCardells fault? Id be pissed too.

The Jags as far as i know just went with youth and it backfired on them. They havent had a WR as good as McCardell to take his place since he left.

• Like Like x 1