1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

McCardell to visit Texans on Tuesday

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Article Link

In an effort to add a veteran wide receiver, the Texans will visit with Keenan McCardell at Reliant Stadium today.

McCardell, 37, is entering his 17th season in the NFL. He spent the past three seasons with the San Diego Chargers after stops in Tampa Bay, Jacksonville, Cleveland and Washington. He has recorded five 1,000-yard receiving seasons, with his most recent coming in 2003.

2. stone86

stone86 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +25
    I hope he gets a job. I really liked him, and I think in the right situation he can still be productive. My fingers are crossed.

3. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    They would be smart to sign him

He might not be a #1/2 anymore, but he would be a great mentor to Jerome Mathis/Jacoby Jones and would give Matt Schuab a nice dependable 3rd down guy

Plus, i really like McCardell and hope he gets a chance to play this year

4. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I agree, him and Lofton were a great combination with our young WRs.

One big difference I noticed with our WRs after Lofton and KMac got here, and I dont know who is responsible is our WRs kept momentum after the catch. They would run in a half circle after the catch (Back to the QB, then turn up field). This made quite a few defenders miss and got us good YAC.:tup: