1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

McCoy Telesco so far....

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Heir Coryell, Oct 18, 2013.

1. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,583
    Makes you wonder if we're gonna lose the Wiz after this season. I have no doubt he chose the Chargers because of Rivers potential to help him get back in the HC conversation.

I hope we can keep him for at least through 2014.

2. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,683
    I could see Wiz leaving after one year - but I could also see him staying to be a part of what this team "could be" next season as well. If we continue to improve, I wouldn't be surprised if he was the first coordinator to be poached.

3. Dominion Bolt

Dominion Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +104
    Houston, Atlanta, Minnesota, Tampa Bay, Carolina, Cleveland, Carolina, New York Jets, and Washington could all be looking for HCs by season's end. The "hot" OC is usually one of the first grabbed. I would like to see Wiz stay at least one more year - if the Bolts get a little more talent, next year could be fun!

4. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I love the smell of football in the morning.

Ratings:
    +1,125
    I can remember when the Chargers had a coach and a GM on the hot seat... Ahhh, the bad old days.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2013
  5. Burlington Bolt Brother

Burlington Bolt Brother BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +162
    I don't mind you disagreeing with me but though I don't think you are intentionally straw manning me, you are misrepresenting my points.

I understand that McCoy doesn't call the plays and I love the offensive play calling from what I can tell.

Again, I am not arguing how bad the decision to play for the punt was and was clear in saying that, right or wrong call, it wasn't the point; the excuse WAS. I've gone out of my way in this thread to be clear that I was leaving debatable mistakes such as that one out of determining what an inexcusable mistake is. Some here are saying "Everyone makes mistakes" and how wonderfully refreshing it is to see the coach own them and I've asked for examples of Norv or any of our other current coaches doing **** like running onto a field, or losing a roster spot for fuching up the innactive list. Of course because our other coaches are just calling plays and not making decisions about throwing illegal flags and turning in their homework late, they are automatically excluded from this type of ridicule...which is my point! Even if I though they were doing bad (I don't outside of Pags playing man in that final drive in that Titans game), I wouldn't act like I knew for certain how dumb the seemingly dumb calls were. I hope this also doesn't confuse things but pretty sure it was MM who started Woodhead over Mathews for two games based on the success Woodhead had the previous week where he ran against a D that Mathews busted up. I thought that was a schit decision beyond stupid BUT, like the decision to turtle and punt, it is still subjective and I am NOT making it part of the inexcusable mistakes on which I specifically commented.

So to try again,
    1)not all mistakes are equal and until someone can offer any example of Norv (I know you said you defended him) doing the type of mistake I'm talking about, saying, "everyone makes mistakes" is appealing to unnamed false equivalencies.
    2)As you just mentioned above, MM is not calling plays, so giving him credit for a team effort is worrisome when coupled with being let off the hook for his inexcusable mistakes.
    3)Tom Telesco is being short changed by pretending MM has the same roster as last year...giving MM credit in this way takes from Telesco (not to mention Wisenhunt)

And as I alluded to earlier and you and Turtle are discussing above, from what I've seen, Wisenhunt will get nabbed and that will be a much bigger blow than if MM left and Wisenhunt did both duties. What's the worst that could happen? He gets distracted from having to manage offense and throws an illegal challenge flag?

6. Burlington Bolt Brother

Burlington Bolt Brother BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +162
    Anybody But Norv

7. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,760
    How did I get dragged into this, I'm just an innocent nonviolent bystander and for the record, I hate everyone the same!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  8. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,583
    Hmmm...interesting choice of words. ;)

• Funny Funny x 1