1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

McCoy - "They Can't Cover Us"

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Blue Bolt, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,412
  2. Fossil

Fossil BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +389
    Nice! Who was downfield blocking on Eddie's 2nd TD. M80!

3. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    The more I see of McCoy the more respect I have for him. I love how when we went down early he said relax. He settled the team down and got them focused.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Bramare

Bramare BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +19
    I was at that game and it was my first live football game. It was amazing to see the entire field and the play unfold. That second touchdown Mr. Rivers threw the ball before Mr. Royal was anywhere near the catch zone. Mr. Royal did not even look back for the ball until it was in his face - amazing! To me it is like a winemaker taking his grape harvest, fermenting it and then barreling it but he still knows the outcome years in advance. Mr. Rivers is like a Paul Hobbs.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,734
    Genuine. He is into winning.

6. Bramare

Bramare BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +19
    Have the Chargers ever had a coach who wasn't? Again I have to make a wine analogy because it is what I know, but I've never known a winemaker to purposefully produce junk unless they were paid to.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,734
    ^^^ You haven't sat in the seats behind the bench. A lot more goes on than the average fan can see. It's the energy this guy has for his team.

8. Bramare

Bramare BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +19
    No, we sat in the loge suites and I have to admit we were pretty removed from the rest of the stadium.

What you are saying is, Mr. McCoy knows how to press his grapes.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,157
    Yeah, it's a whole 'nother experience.

I really do like the comforts (& refreshments) of home...but you only see what the station sends out...
    most plays, for example, it's impossible to really see what the secondary is trying to do.

Even at the game it varies:
    End zone seats are great for seeing running lanes (but hard to gauge yardage)...
    low on the 50 yard line (say, row 12 in f36) you feel the hitting, but struggle to see the big picture...
    and up high you feel like you're watching the "all 22" coach's film...kind of "removed"
    but with the best view of plays developing...you know where PR is going to throw before he does!

Anyway, congrats...you've lost your maiden!

p.s. And old-timers will tell you, re. energy: McCoy is a watch battery compared to Coryell's 6-volt lantern battery...
    but there's a lot more to coaching than energy...

Last edited: Oct 2, 2014
  10. Fossil

Fossil BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +389
    "They can't cover us, call what you want."
    If anyone wonders whether McCoy has input on individual play calls, here's a clue.

11. Bramare

Bramare BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +19
    Thanks!

I recommend the loge suites, it seems to be a compromise between being at home and the stadium. You can decorate and furnish the suite any way you want. They also keep an attendant there in case you need anything. I stupidly went out to a concession and purchased one of those Gallo-Sonoma wine bottles. The attendant noticed and ask what style of wine I liked. He left and came back with a nice 2010 Cahors.