1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

McFadden just ran a 4.27

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Electric Chair, Feb 24, 2008.

1. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    4.27 unofficial time on his first run at the combine. Wow.

• Like Like x 1
  2. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    yep, and just tap his legs with one arm and he goes down

3. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Fast but is he a football player?

4. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Hahahaha
    Have you ever watched him play? He's fast, quick, powerfull, a great reciever out of the backfield, and Arkansas even had him passing the ball more than a few times in every game.

Only issues seems to be weight, I think he needs to add about 7-10lbs and become more durable, and ball control because he had 23 fumbles in college.

5. boltmanbz

Ratings:
    +86
    weak legs,had over 20 fumbles, not to impressed with him

6. boltmanbz

Ratings:
    +86
    i would take powerful out of there

7. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Receiver conversion.

8. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Kinda Reggie Bush like, especially considering at Arkansas it was well known that Felix Jones was the guy to get hte tough yards inside.

Still I think McFadden is and will be a hell of a RB in the NFL

9. Electric Chair

Ratings:
    +579
    Lol... No.

Run DMC is a stud RB that is going to wreak havoc on opposing D's. The guy can do it all. I would hate to see him wind up in Oakland.

10. boltmanbz

Ratings:
    +86
    i would love to see him wind up in Oakland, so he can get his *** kicked every year by our D, one swipe at the legs and he goes down, way overrated RB that took snaps at QB alot and just took off running, he is not a threat as a RB in the NFL, u got to take hits,gain extra yards after the hit and #1 hold onto the football, he is a fumbling machine, he couldnt hold LT or AP's nuts

11. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Alright, but we can at least agree that he's better North and South than Reggie Bush ever was.

12. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    Stewart and mendenahall will be really good if they stay healthy. Mcfadden will be good. There was another running back that ran a 4.24. There are some good to really good rb's in this draft. I'm kind of thinking that if we get a late third compensation pick for donnie that thats where they may try and get a rb like RIce or Hart.

13. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I'd take Mendenhall as the top RB out of the draft. He's powerful, great leg drive, & good burst. McFadden may outrun you, but he won't get the tough yards.

14. Electric Chair

Ratings:
    +579
    Mendenhall seems to be the top RB candidate so far. Mayock keeps talking him up big time. His 40 time didn't hurt that #1 RB status. Impressive.

15. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    He's a load to bring down AND can make people miss. I think he'll have a longer, more productive career than McFadden.

16. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    I can't wait to see what happens to McFadden in the NFL. He is the most explosive offensive player in this draft, but that doesn't guarantee success in the NFL.(Ahem Reggie Bush) Watch the kid play, and you'll see incredible speed and acceleration, he definitely has that burst needed to get through the hole.

17. Retired Catholic

Ratings:
    +347
    Well if he is as easy to knock in the dirt as some people are saying, he won't be much of a running back if he can't break tackles or hold on to the ball. If he has the huevos to go over the middle then maybe he can catch some. He seems to have a similar profile to Adrian Peterson, so who knows, maybe he can make it as a runner in the NFL, but I'm not sure I'd draft real high. I'm not one of those folks who shout soo-wee whenever I see a red uniform, so I never saw him play.

18. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    Mendenhall has some guns on him. That guy is built well.

19. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,422
    Really, did you watch him play at all in college?

20. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    from GBN:

Arkansas RB Darren McFadden created perhaps the biggest buzz at the scouting combine in Indianapolis yesterday when the former Razorback was clocked in 4.33for the 40. In fact, some teams had the 210-pound McFadden, who is one of the top 5-6 rated players for the 2008 draft, in a blazing 4.27 seconds. on Sunday.

However, while there is no doubting McFadden’s physical skills, the red flags about his off-field travails also continue to grow. Indeed, in addition to the fact that McFadden has been involved in a couple of bar fights, he is now also battling a paternity suit and told at least team during an interview over the weekend that he actually has two children on the way.

:lol: looks like he's fast with the ladies, as well...

21. Electric Chair

Ratings:
    +579
    Sounds like he might be giving Travis Henry and Tom Brady a run for their money in the Father of the Year voting. I don't think he is fast enough to outrun a paternity suit. :lol:

22. Retired Catholic

Ratings:
    +347
    The Raiduhs are definitely looking at this guy then. Since Lane Kiffin is going to be a passive observer in this years draft, their board ought to look real Bohemian.

23. boltmanbz

Ratings:
    +86
    yep we can agree on that, i feel sorry for Reggie cause they expect him to be something he is not and thats a everydown back, he should be a 3rd down guy and return kicks and punts for sure

24. boltmanbz

Ratings:
    +86
    Stewart looks like he is built like a tank too, i like his vision, Mcfadden is not a everydown kinda back and the kid Mendenhall is built but he is a one hit wonder so u got to worry about that

25. RMANCIL

RMANCIL Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223

McFadden is the best player in this draft. He maynot get the 2 yds that a power back will get but he will put up 6 like few others in fact coming out of school he is a much better prospect than A.P. was and he turned out OK.

Mendenhall is more of the power back who can still score from all over the field , Charles is the RB who isn't getting a lot of press who runs just like LT and posted a 4.37 or so if I remember right.

All of these are Ferria's not bulldozers.

26. Boltjolt

Ratings:
    +402
    Sounds like he isnt too bright to me.

Speaking of which i heard Jamal Charles and Kevin Smith on Sirius radio yesterday being interviewed and they both sounded like a couple of dummy's as well.
    Afterward one of the guys interviewing said they both sounded really naive.

27. Boltjolt

Ratings:
    +402
    Sorry, i disagree.

I dont think McFadden is a better prospect than Adrian Peterson was. He fumbles a lot too (23 in college)

In fact i believe one of the NFL Network guys also said none of these RB's are in his class either....not word for word, but thats pretty much what he said.

Personally id rather have Mendenhall. I also like Felix Jones.

Slaton did not run as well as i figured he would(4.44,4.45 unofficial). Now i do believe he could be a 3rd rounder (although his times are still prety good but i expected 4.0 or lower) and was to workout with the WR's yesterday or today, but that isnt where i see him. He does have good hands tho.

For a late pick for us in say the 5th, i like Tashard Choice.