1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

McFarlane Ultimate Teams Set

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by LaDeezie21, May 14, 2007.

1. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    I don't usually get steamed when our team doesn't get recognition in the media. I've always felt that regardless of whether or not ESPN shows endless Chargers highlights LT and the gang are still going to show up on Sundays and punch the opposition in the mouth.

With that said I couldn't help but get a little pissed this morning when I checked the Spawn site and noticed that McFarlane had announced a new NFL line. This is pretty cool if any of you guys collect any of this stuff. Spawn is releasing a set of entire TEAMS (well offense only at the moment) and calling it Ultimate Teams Set. Now at first I thought that he was releasing past superbowl winning teams which I knew wasn't going to include any Charger teams :icon_sad: but as I looked closer I noticed that the teams they were releasing were from last year. I was PISSED when I noticed that the Bolts weren't included in the lineup. Instead we have Chicago, Denver, Dallas and NEW YORK!!! WTF??!!! They are talking about ultimate teams and they come out with last years Giants and Cowboys teams?!!

I understand the Bears and maybe the Donkeys (well not really since they had a so so season) but the Chargers had the BEST record AND LT...well LT had a season that could only be duplicated by Jesus himself (if he ever decided to come down to earth and throw us a bone).

Anyway, here is the link. I didn't read all of it since it ticked me off so much and it might state there somewhere that additional teams might be released but still. I can't believe that they're rolling out that line without the bolts. Hell they didn't even include the friggin Colts.

End of rant....

http://spawn.com/news/news2.aspx?id=13118

2. Tha rock

Tha rock BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    carlisle is on the raiders now and hes got his in there as a donkey.

3. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    WTF:icon_eek: :icon_eek:

4. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    Awesome to see these sets come out. But it does suck that there are no Chargers set included.

But what if they did have a Chargers set ready, but had to hold back because of the damn uniform change?

5. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    You bring up a great point!!! Didn't think of that. Let's hope that like the other NFL series they release a couple of series in a year and the Bolts are included in a later series later on in the season.

6. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    McFarlane rocks. I love how detailed the figures are. :tup:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    Do you do customized figures? I don't think they made a Donnie figure.

8. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    WOW. You're right! Every detail is covered... right down to the ankle biter height!! :icon_tease: :lol:

9. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171

:icon_rofl:

10. Thread_Killer

Ratings:
    +680
    Yeah, McFarlane made a Donnie figure as part of their "Tackling Machines" series in 2005. :yes:

11. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I think the teams chosen might have more to do with jersey sales, than which ream was the best.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Thread_Killer

Ratings:
    +680
    I don't know, I think we've climbed into the top 5 in merchandise as of last season. The "snub" might be the uniform change after all.

13. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    I'm sorry i just had a vision of what a Cromartie one would look like :icon_rofl:
    Is that a bubble or a chicken in there? :lol:

Edit: I'm with Ray, its probably because of the uniform change

14. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    They already made 2 LT's and a Gates in the main lines. There's also some 3 inch players. It's not like they don't know about them. I think it's more about, what teams can they get the most money from right now or the uniform.

15. sd-local

sd-local BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +10
    Whatever, those sets are stupid looking, they are all the same except the change in uniform anyway. If they made a real team set with 11 personalized players that would be awesome, but they didn't so who cares?

16. Thread_Killer

Ratings:
    +680
    That will never happen. The company would never recoup the cost to make a low-profile player like Shane Olivea or Eric Parker.

17. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    Damn I'm gonna have to get my Scifres done as a custom then.:lol: