1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

McGahee to Ravens

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by nickelbolt, Mar 8, 2007.

1. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
  2. reef shark

reef shark BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49
    plus next years third also. but still this seems to be effing over the bills big time. my bills friends in ny are gonna go apechit over this, they all love willis. and who the hell is gonna run the ball for them?

3. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +128
    Who is going to run the ball for them? Micheal Turner!

They just got an extra 3rd... just throw in that first!

4. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Maybe if Buffalo can trade down out of 12???... No way they give up the #12 pick overall for Turner.

5. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Why not? He's better than any RB they'll be able to get at that spot.

6. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +128
    I agree, I think a 12 for Turner right now is the right price. Not the 12th overall AND a third, that would probably be too steep.

What do you guys think of Turner and our first for the bills first and third? Probably not enough for us, maybe throw in their extra 3rd next year?

7. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    I sent Turner and our #1 to the Bills for just their #12 pick and the 3rd they just got.

8. reef shark

reef shark BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49
    anthony thomas is almost 30. shaud williams is 5' 7" 195. the bills are fukd. they cant afford to draft runningbacks, theyre lines on both sides suck too much. this was a real bad move imo

9. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +128
    I keep hearing that knock on Turner, but don't you think he could catch fine if he was the main guy? I think he hasn't been thrown to here because the change of pace back just doesn't have the reps in practice and you don't want to risk pass plays to him. Don't know, just a guess...

10. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +128
    I'd probably demand at least their 3rd instead of the one from the Ravens. The Ravens pick is low round...

11. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Isn't McGahee very very similar to Jamal Lewis? Young guy that has already sustained a lot of abuse. Both had knees blown out. Both have attitude problems. Only difference being that McGahee has yet to actually do something really impressive in the NFL.

12. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +128
    I gotcha, but I still have heard that knock a couple times from other places. Seems to come from looking at his stats and not seeing many catches. I think it may be inacurate/unfair.

13. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Come on bills, time to get ****ed by Gawd

14. reef shark

reef shark BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49
    yea, lewis really isnt that old (27 i think) but if i remember correctly he came out of tennessee early. hes taken a lot more abuse than willis. imo willis has yet to peak in the nfl, but lewis seems to be slippin, hes definitely slower and less agile than mcGahee at this point. willis and musa smith/mike anderson really look like a good backfield to me.

15. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Man, I think some of you guys are seriously overvaluing MT. I mean, I know you guys think we should not give him away, and I totally agree, but I'd do it JUST for the #12 pick in the draft, never mind the 3rd. Imagine the kind of player AJ could grab us w/ the 12 pick in the draft (Merriman, anyone?). We can always grab another back in the later rounds, or wait until the June cuts to pick up a veteran guy as a backup.

I love Turner, but we've got to be reasonable here. MT for a 1st, 3rd, and a player? C'mon.

16. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    i think the point of trading turner is to use him to try and trade him to land at least one very good player that the chargers could use for the next 5 to 6 years. A wr or saftey possibly. Otherwise the chargers just have him for a backup for just this year and then he's gone for nothing.

People like the idea of keeping turner for this year. But what they dont' see is the chargers could then land a good to very good wr or saftey with trading him for many years that should compensate 10 times what turner could contribute.

17. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    I would not trade Turner to move up 18 spots in the first round. :no:

18. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    I'm talking 2 picks in the first, not 1.

19. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    that would be sweet

i wonder if the giants will get punked again

20. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    I agree, the #12 pick is worth a helluva lot more than a late first and a third. Turner for the #12 pick would be a great deal. The last time the Bolts picked at #12 they got Merriman. :icon_eek: