1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

McNabb’s lawn burned with Cardinals cheers

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Jan 20, 2009.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    CHANDLER, Ariz. (AP)—Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb recently had to play defense at his offseason home in Chandler.

Two Arizona Cardinals fans hung their team’s flag in a tree and burned “Go Cards,” “Go Kurt,” and “I heart AZ” in McNabb’s yard with diesel fuel, Chandler police Sgt. Joe Favazzo said Tuesday.

Favazzo said the fans hung the flag Thursday, and McNabb laughed it off and even left it hanging.

Then the fans returned Saturday and left a cardboard box in the driveway with “Go Cards” written on one side and “Beat Philly” on the other. McNabb laughed that off, too, when he discovered it at about midnight, Favazzo said.

But McNabb stopped laughing when he went outside Saturday morning, smelled diesel fuel and realized someone had burned Cardinals cheers into his lawn, causing about $2,000 in damage.

Favazzo said officers found an address label on the box that had been left, and it led to Chandler resident Rex Perkins, 37, who later admitted to the pranks.

His co-worker, Ryan Hanlon, 28, also admitted to the pranks.

Perkins and Hanlon were fingerprinted, photographed and cited for misdemeanor criminal damage.

“When they decided to get diesel fuel out and start damaging the yard, they crossed the line,” Favazzo said.

The Cardinals beat the Eagles on Sunday in the NFC championship game to advance to the Feb. 1 Super Bowl in Tampa, Fla.

2. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I agree. The flags and box was funny but the rest is garbage.

3. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    Stupid Cardinal fans. I know they can't act like they've been there before but McNab is a cool guy and never trashed the city or the team.

I shouldn't call out all Cardinal fans though. Living in Arizona reminds me a lot of when I lived in San Diego (I left SD 4 years ago) in the sense that you couldn't pay someone to slap a Cardinal sticker on their car. Now everyone has one.

4. When Lightning Strikes

When Lightning Strikes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68
    does mcnabb live in phoenix?

5. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    yes

6. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Have an increasing fan base you'll always find a bunch of shitheads, hope they get found and punished.

The box and flags were funny, that's a proper way to do it

7. SD Native WY

SD Native WY Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    They got caught.:yes:

8. Boltage Bimbo

Boltage Bimbo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    Karma and stupidity at work all at the same time. What a bunch of dumbasses.:icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

9. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    Cardinals fans, where were those a few years ago?

10. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    You'd be surprised how many high profile people live here. I sure was when I first moved here. I thought Charles Barkley was the only one.

11. montanabolthead

montanabolthead BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +30
    What a couple of idiots! The box thing was pretty cool but burning McNabb's lawn was dead wrong. I'd have at least tried to get his autograph by knocking on his door and telling him he played a good game but my team got the better of his team.

12. Cyanide Mint

Cyanide Mint BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +8
    Its cool that McNabb didn't freak out at the first two pranks. He even thought the flag was funny and left it up, the guy has a sense of humor. The lawn burning..... way too far.