1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

McNabb to Denver?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Feb 9, 2010.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    ESPN
    By Bill Williamson

Are the Denver Broncos going to make earth-shattering news at the quarterback position for the second straight year?

It seems as if they are considering it.

ESPN’s Sal Paolantonio reports that Denver is one of three teams that have had multiple conversations with the Eagles about the availability of quarterback Donovan McNabb. The other two teams are Buffalo and Cleveland.

Very interesting.

Denver coach Josh McDaniels showed last year he is not afraid to make blockbuster moves and he is open to anything. McDaniels shipped 25-year-old Pro Bowl quarterback Jay Cutler to Chicago last season after he tried to get Matt Cassel from New England.

Denver received quarterback Kyle Orton as part of the Cutler trade with Chicago. Orton was decent last year. He is likely going to be a free agent. This weekend, Denver owner Pat Bowlen said he would like to keep Orton.

However, it seems the Broncos are at least exploring the idea of adding McNabb. There will be plenty developments in the next several weeks before the trading and free agency season begins. But the fact that McDaniels is thinking about bringing in an elite quarterback doesn’t surprise me.

Still, I’m not sure if McNabb is the perfect fit for Denver. He is 33 and has been banged up. While he is a better player than Orton, would McNabb be the difference-maker in Denver? I don’t think Denver is just a quarterback away from being a legitimate title contender. The Broncos have other issues.

If McNabb came cheaply, maybe Denver should consider it. But he is not worth up giving up a bevy of draft picks at this point of his career. This team has to continue to build. Adding a fading star may not be the smartest move. But, it seems, it is an idea that is being mulled as McDaniels continues to look for the right quarterback in Denver.

2. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    We'll still beat 'em! :tup:

3. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    I hope Denver gives up their entire draft to get him.

4. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Yup, pull a "Hershel Walker" type deal. That'll work! :tup:

5. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    Hasn't Mcnabb always had the same issues as Cutler? He is a hit or miss kinda QB. Why go back to an older version of what they traded away with slightly better decision making ability?

6. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    When is the last time you saw him make a pass other than a laser? I can't remember that the last time he completed a pass with touch.

7. coachmarkos

coachmarkos BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +47
    AS long as they give up a high draft pick, go for it Denver!

Took you most of a year to turn it into Orton's team...now blow that up!

Nolan is gone, the only decent defense you've had in 5 years, and you run the DC out.

Bring in your what, 5th DC in the last 6 years?

Keep it up McJosh. You're the best thing that ever happened to charger fans.

• Like Like x 1
  8. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    i sense a donkey melt down next year

[​IMG]